About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F is for Famous

The stop for letter F on my A-Z tour of New Jersey is going to be a little different. Instead of highlighting famous places, I'd like to let everyone in on a little secret about New Jersey. Many people knock it, but did you know how many famous people live in the state of New Jersey? For such a tiny state, it's incredible how many "stars" have homes here. It's a real eye-opener.


These four don't live here full time- but all of them have NJ homes and spend a significant amount of time in the Garden State: Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfrey, Cher and Warren Buffet

Here is a list of some famous NJ residents (I am sure there are more and I left some out):
Mohammed Ali
Yogi Berra
Danny Aielllo
Mary J. Blige
Connie Chung
Sean Combs a/k/a P. Diddy
Melissa Elliott
Jay Z
Jason Kidd
Heather Locklear
Don Mattingly
Eddie Murphy
Aiden Quinn
Chris Rock
Brooke Shields
Kimora Lee Simmons
James Taylor
Eli Manning
Russell Simmons

I could go on and on with this list. Of course, then I could list those stars who were born in New Jersey- like, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springstein and Tom Cruise (but I don't like counting him, lol).

It's funny, I used to live on the West Coast. I have spotted a celebrity or two while living in California. They always had a bunch of paparazzi or people buzzing around them. The stars on the West Coast almost seemed resigned to the fact that they will be interrupted at lunch or out and about running their errands. Living on the East Coast, I've spied just as many celebs here. The only difference being no one seems to give them as much attention. Especially because on the East Coast, everyone is always in a mad hurry. And not very polite. We're more like, "Oh, is that a celebrity over there? That's freaking great, now move it along because you're blocking traffic!" Ha.



15 comments:

  1. My husbands family lives in New Jersey! I would love to visit them some day.
    Nice list of NJ famous people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Jovi is definitely a Jersey rocker.
    Too much of a hurry to care about celebrities? No wonder they hide there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know all of them were NJ residents. Now I wonder who the famous residents of FL are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive list of neighbours you have there!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and add Jaybird to the list! :) My dad was born in NJ and lived there for about a month before moving back to Hawaii (his dad was in the military).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I had no idea, but you forgot to add the Fabulous Jaybird and her three beautiful chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in Newark for about a year when I was 5, so there's that...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's quite a list of famous people! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A surprising number! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see Cher's home. Cher is the freakin' bomb!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a list. I guess they like it for not being papped all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SC is a lot less, even for those in the country singing genre of famous. Most of whom were born here. I know Stephen Colbert was raised down in Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is quite a collection of famous people living there. I wonder because of its closeness to New York?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, who knew so many famous people lived in New Jersey! I find it hilarious that celebrities aren't paid much attention 'cos everyone is in a hurry. Time stops for no one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like Little Hollywood over there :) Who knows, maybe Jaybird could get "discovered" eating at a lunch counter?

    Discovered doing what is anyones guess :D

    ReplyDelete