About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A-Z Letter S is for Smithville


I may have highlighted Smithville on this blog in the past, but it has to make a repeat performance today for the Letter S. My A-Z theme, which is a tour through my home state of New Jersey, just has to stop down in Galloway Township, in South Jersey because Smithville IS it. My all time favorite haunt. If you are ever interested in stalking Jaybird, here's your chance. Because this is where you will find me.

You may spot me cruising around the shops, drinking my freshly ground and brewed hot coffee from Cook's Corner. Maybe you'll spot me grabbing a slice of pizza at Costello's and eating it outside on the deck. If I feel like dressing up and being posh, you'll see me and The Hubs dining at The Ole Smithville Inn. Perhaps you'll spy me putting my kiddos on the Carousel for a ride. Maybe you'll catch the comedic show of  Jaybird trying to run and dodge the roosters and chickens and ducks and geese that like to hoover by the gazebos and tend to chase after me, looking for a free hand out. Better yet, if it's a nice, warm, sunshiny day, you'll most likely hear my loud, obnoxious and quite distinctive laugh as I try not to capsize the paddle boat I am jumping into for a turn around the lake... But it's more likely you'll catch me riding dirty on the Smithville Railroad Train. If it's not so nice out,  you find me hanging out at The Underground, the Punk/Rock store, listening to music and shopping for cool swag or playing video games in the arcade. No matter what time of year it is, I always have a ton o' fun at Historic Smithville. It's a must visit spot on my tour of New Jersey.

















Below: No, I didn't loose my mind. Smithville hosts a "Zombie Walk" every  October.
These two creatures are my friends, Becca and Mark dressed and ready to go Zombie Walking.!!





36 comments:

  1. Village shopping centers like that are fun. There's one a Myrtle Beach that we always visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the shops but I can go to Smithville broke, and have just as much fun walking around.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a neat place. I want to go to the Zombie Walk! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun. And the Zombie Walk is great. My friends always go.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is awesome! What a wonderful scene you describe! Zombie! Here in Cheyenne, we have a Zombie Fest every year, and a zombie walk is part of the fun. Zombies certainly get around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In recent years, the Zombies have taken over. Ever since Walking Dead, I think. But yeah, it's a huge hit with my friends. They go every year. Smithville hosts all kinds of fun stuff like that. That's why I love it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's so fun. Love to get around this place.

      Delete
  5. Any town that welcomes me with Ye, I'm happy. Love historical towns. My sister did a zombie walk. I'm too lazy...that's a lot of make up to put on and then to expect me to walk in it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I's with you Elizabeth. I am WAY too lazy (and chicken) to do the Zombie Walk. But my friends do it every year, without fail. There are some seriously dedicated zombies out there. But Smithville has all kinds of festivals and fun stuff like this, all year long. I'm more into the Oktoberfest feast. Yep, it's all about the food for me. At least, I can walk it off in Smithville. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks like a great place! I love the quaint buildings, and the paddle boats look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun. I'm not much of a boat person, but getting in the paddle boats and out on the lake is good exercise and tons of fun.

      Delete
  7. Loved the pictures and the zombie walk sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary!! I'm so glad you liked them. All my friends love to come out for the zombie walk.

      Delete
  8. I'd love to go on a zombie walk. I wouldn't even need make up if it was first thing in the morning!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny Annalisa. And they should really rename it the Zombie crawl, because no one really walks standing up straight and tall!! LOL

      Delete
  9. I agree, Smithville is always a great place for an outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will see you there one day!!

      Delete
  10. Now this looks like a fun place with something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like it there- I am sure of it.

      Delete
  11. The carousel looks awesome. And that's funny how you had all of these serene, beautiful pictures leading up to the zombies. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much my life Jay. Hahaha.

      Delete
  12. Looks like there's a little something for everyone. You had me at train. I love little trains that puff around places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That train is awesome!! I love to ride the train. I think I like it more than my kiddos. I still insist we ride it every single time we go down there.

      Delete
  13. Fun place! A playground for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Yep, something for everyone. That's my type of place to visit, where no one complains.

      Delete
  14. That looks like a blast! I want to hang out in the arcade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent one too many quarters in the arcade at Smithville, that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  15. I've never heard of Smithville. It looks amazing. *taking notes* Thanks!
    @ShonnaSlayton from
    Shonna Slayton YA Writer -1940’s from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shonna! Thanks for popping in. Smithville is a fun historic town. Glad you liked it enough to take notes.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a great town and a fantastic place to hang out! It almost seems like you would never get bored in a town with so much to do there :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always something fun to do. I never get bored there, and that's saying a lot.

      Delete
  17. What a lovely, picturesque town. It's always so reassuring to know that there are places out there that haven't been overdeveloped to within an inch of their charm. Fewer and fewer, it seems. Love the unexpected zombie shot at the end of the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to throw in the Zombie pic and shake everyone up, see if they were paying attention. Ha. Thanks so much for stopping in Kern.

      Delete
  18. I had no idea New Jersey had so many wonderful, cozy spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I must be doing my job if you are finding NJ wonderful.

      Delete