About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A-Z Letter G is for Giants Stadium

Giants Stadium or MetLife Stadium is the new name now
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my letter "F" post yesterday. Today we are going to visit one of my all time favorite places to hang out, East Rutherford, New Jersey. What makes East Rutherford so special? That would be my letter G. "G"iants Stadium!!
Jaybird at Giants Stadium, waiting (impatiently) for the game to start.
Not too many people realize that Giant's stadium sits in NEW JERSEY.  Both the NY Jets and the NY Giants share the same stadium, but contrary to popular belief, it's not in New York. And unlike Ellis Island, there can be no debating of ownership here. Not one bit of the stadium touches New York. On a good, clear day you can make out the skyline of the city but that's about it.
The Giants sucked hard this year. But we still have this to hang on to!!

Tailgating at Giants' stadium is always the best! There is so much going on and so much to take in. I love nothing more than hanging out with my friends, eating good food and talking about football. But I don't do sitting still well.  I kind of have a natural tendency bad ADD to wander off.  I am friendly and will strike up a conversation with anyone who will listen. I have a great time meeting people and chatting up new friends, whenever I go to a game. Now, it just so happens that I am a girl that loves her some football. For those of you who don't like football, I think you should try and go to at least one professional football game in your lifetime. It's very different from watching at home.
You have to bundle up when the weather turns cold.
At this game, I had so many layers on
I could barely put my arms down!
Who's your favorite football team? Why? What's your favorite tailgate treat/tradition or recipe? Here's my favorite tailgate recipe. Tastes just like wings, without all of the fuss and mess:

Jaybird's Favorite Tailgate Recipe:
Wing Dip

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast 
1 cup Marie's Blue Cheese Dressing
½ cup of Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese

Soften the cream cheese. In medium size bowl, add all ingredients except chicken. Mix well. After shredding, add the chicken. Mix well (make sure you mix enough that there are no longer clumps of cream cheese)


Evenly spread the mixture into a 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes, or until bubbling. I like to give it a good stir about half way through.


20 comments:

  1. I'd go tailgating with you! It's been years since I did that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh we have so much fun. I love to meet new people and talk football with everybody.It's a great atmosphere.

      Delete
  2. I make that same dip for parties I have! I think it's the yummiest!
    Love these amazing pictures of you!! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. For years almost every party I have or go to, people ask me to bring the Wing Dip. It's a big hit. And so much easier than making and eating wings. I love it for tailgating too. So easy!

      Delete
  3. I'd go tailgating with you and Alex!! But I'm wearing my Steeler gear. Got to stay true to my black and gold.

    I had no clue the stadium was in NJ. I now feel as smart as Cliff Clavin.

    I am writing that recipe down. It's falls into the easy enough for me category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont' feel bad Elizabeth not too many people know that the stadium is in New Jersey. Even during the Superbowl we hosted in East Rutherford, the announcers all kept saying, we're here in New York. But they weren't even close!! LOL

      The recipe is quick and easy and I can pretty much guarantee your boys will love it. The Hubs and all his friends request this for every party. It's a no-brainer. And so yummy.

      Delete
  4. The Giants are my second favorite NFL team. (Packers is my #1.) I'd love to go to their stadium. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. Glad to hear about another Giants fan out there. Packers are great too. We have a very fun stadium. Without all the fights, like the Eagles. That's one stadium that's never easy to go to.

      Delete
  5. My hubby will love that wing dip! I'm not a football fan... I think Indiana has the Colts. It's the Colts, right? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Christine! Most of my girlfriends are not into football either. I am used to it. Although, they all do like to go to at least one game a year. It's all kinds of fun. Are you a big hockey fan, coming from Canada? I like that sport as well.

      Make this dip for your hubs. I bet he would love it!!

      Delete
  6. Dip sounds wonderful, so does tailgating. Alas, I haven't lived near a major city with a football team in years. We used to go to HS games and that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dip is amazing. Maybe you could use a substitute for the chicken. Not sure how that would be with fish- might be good, you never know it's worth a shot.

      Being at the stadium is so much more fun than watching the game at home. The atmosphere, the food, the fans. It's all good fun. Plus, I love meeting new people and hanging out talking. You wouldn't believe the many types of people I've met at the games. I've hung out with everyone from garbage men to power brokers from the city, and football it the commonality between us all. So much fun. (At least, for someone like me)

      Delete
  7. I'm a Texans fan, and tailgating is the best! That dip sounds yummy.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a HUGE college football fan, not much on pro. However, I do like Geno Smith, the QB for the Jets, 'cause he's my former WVU Mountaineer boy! I will definitely make that yummy dip while watching WVU, Ohio State and Penn State play this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine when they first built it

    "I said build it in New York, not New Jersey"

    "eh close enough"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a big football fan and I haven't been to a professional game, but I have been to a UW Husky game which was a lot of fun, and I went to all of my high school football games for the fun of cheering and hanging out with my friends who played in Marching Band. (I was a choir and drama geek, so other than a semester in color guard, I didn't march).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a football fan, but I AM a fan of food and that recipe sounds great. Tailgating is lot of fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's interesting both teams share the same stadium. So basically during football season, it must get used weekly, which is a good thing I think! Chargers are my favorite team only because I lived in San Diego for the majority of my life. In line second is the Green Bay Packers since a neighbor liked them and helped out my son during a tough time in his life so I'm partial to that team as well.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize that! I'm not much into football...I'm surprised I knew the Giants were New York's team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I had a nickle for every time I got lost and ended up in the parking lot of Giant's Stadium I'd have... well, enough to trade up to a quarter. LOL.

    ReplyDelete