About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A-Z Challenge M is for Mountain Creek

As I find myself reflecting on the Letter "M" this morning, I'm reminded of my first job and priority, and that's being a "M"om. Forgive me as I take a little side step away from my theme for a moment. If you want to skip this paragraph, and go straight to my A-Z post, it appears below. No matter how much time, energy and passion I throw into raising my girls, I still wake up some days feeling like it's NEVER enough. This morning, was one of those mornings. Since I've worked in so many different fields and have worn quite a few hats over the years, (from a corporate job to being a cleaning lady), people often ask me what's the hardest job I've ever had. Hands down, it's being a parent. It's the single most humbling task I've ever been challenged with. And there is no vacation, no sick days, no personal days, no sabbaticals and no promotions. (Well, maybe when you become a grandparent? LOL) As I struggle with my inadequacies this morning, I wonder how many of you parents out there ever wake up feeling the same way? It's no coincidence I've been listening to  "I Need You" by Matt Maher on repeat this morning :)

Okay- now that we got that little whining session over with-let's go on with Letter M. One of the absolute coolest places to visit in Jersey is Mountain Creek in Vernon. Vernon is in North Jersey and is worth a visit if you like to do any of the following activities- because they offer all of this and more:


















My parents recently attended a wedding at Mountain Creek. They stayed in the Crystal Springs Resort, just one of the 3 hotels you can choose from.  The bride, lives in LA now but specifically returned to her old home state of New Jersey to use this venue. It's no wonder with all the activities they offer, everyone who attended young and old alike, had an amazing time. What activity would you choose to do on the following list? Where's the coolest place you ever attended a wedding? 

14 comments:

  1. Mountain Creek looks gorgeous. Those pictures are amazing! Going there looks like a real experience.

    I think all parents feel the same way, that what they do is never enough, but believe me...it is. What you're doing is great and your girls appreciate you and all you do. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chrys. It's hard being a momma.

      Mountain Creek has fun for everyone. And I mean everyone. Young and old alike.

      Delete
  2. I'd go stay there for a week!
    I admire any of you who are parents, because it is a full time job. And very little training - it's all on the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I spent a week there, I doubt I could get to all the activities they offer there. It's such a fun place to visit and play.

      And thanks, being a parent is really the most humbling challenge I have ever faced.

      Delete
  3. WOW, Mountain Creek looks awesome! I like places that have summer and winter activities. Oh yea girl I've been struggling with my skills as a mother lately too. I never really had too many problems until my oldest son turned 19. I thought my job was over by then. OH NO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you telling me that it's not going to get better after their 18? Gah. I am just entering the teenage years with my girls and it's not fun. I always heard boys are easier but I think that really depends on the boy, don't you? LOL I don't know if I will ever feel 100% confident in my parenting skills. It's so hard. I always try to make the right decisions, but somewhere, sometime in the future I'm sure my kids will still blame me for some things... don't all parents get the blame sometime?

      Delete
  4. Heavenly view and its own wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog today. I've been to New Jersey but know very little about it. I look forward to reading your previous posts and getting caught up.

    By the way, I appreciate what you wrote about being a mom. It's a tough, yet wonderful, job. Now I'm a grandmother and it is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy!! So happy to meet you. Thank you so much for stopping by and for the kind comments you wrote. I really appreciate the support. Welcome aboard!!

      Delete
  6. I would choose the bike park and check out the trails. Wedding location would have to be a wedding I attended in Estes Park, Colorado. It was an outdoor wedding in September and the ceremony overlooked a beautiful forested canyon. As for parenting, I couldn't agree more. However it never ends. But it does get better with grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outdoor weddings are tricky if the weather turns bad, but if it's nice out, they are the most spectacular if you ask me.

      Delete
  7. Holy carp! skiing in New Jersey. I had no idea. This looks like a really cool place do to any of the activities they list, but the perfect venue for a wedding.

    Coolest place I ever attended a wedding - on the beach in the Virgin Islands.

    About being a Mom - The toughest job you'll ever love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted a beach wedding but you never know how the weather is going to be around here. The day of my wedding (it was in October) it was hot as heck and the guys were sweating up a storm...

      YES! Skiing in New Jersey. We have it all here and no one even knows about it. We have activities for all the seasons. That's what I love about it at Mountain Creek. Always a good time, no matter what time of year you visit.

      And being a mom is really the hardest job on earth. But I do love it and my girls!!

      Delete