About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 20, 2015

A-Z Challenge Letter Q is for Quirky Facts and Quick Cover Reveal

Please allow me to interrupt the A-Z Challenge for a moment in order to do a "Q"uick cover reveal and shout out to my buddy Brandon Ax- he just released this cover for his new novel, Lightbringer, which is  the third book in his Light Bringer Saga. The art on this cover is really cool check it out:
In celebration of his cover reveal and new novel, Brandon is having a special sale on his first and second novels in this series, Elemental and Ashes. The sale ends tomorrow, Tuesday April 21, so jump on this great deal and check out these books today. Thanks!

Now, on to the A-Z Challenge- today is the letter Q.  My theme this year is a tour of my home state New Jersey. But I was hard pressed to find anywhere or anything to highlight that starts with the letter Q.  So I decided to list 10 quick, quirky facts about New Jersey:

1. Jersey Girls don't pump gas. And I, for one, am thrilled to death we don't have to. 
2. Believe it or not, New Jersey has more horses than Kentucky.
3.The first basketball game was played in none other than Hoboken, New Jersey in 1846.
4. NJ is the nation's most densely populated state with an average of 1030 people per square mile.
5. The first drive-in movie opened in Camden, New Jersey.
6. Street names for the game of Monopoly were taken from real ones in  Atlantic City, NJ.
7. The light bulb and motion picture projector were both invented by Thomas Edison in NJ.
8. NJ ranks high in the production of almost ALL garden vegetables. It also produces cranberries, blueberries and peaches. 
9. Atlantic City is home to the world's longest boardwalk!
10: Here's a fact I'm not very proud of: about one-sixth of all the drugs manufactured in the US come from NJ. 

Did you know any of those facts? Are you surprised about any? What's unique or quirky about your home state? And please don't forget to go check out The Writer's Storm and Brandon's new cover.


11 comments:

  1. Saw Brandon's cover last week - it's awesome.
    I knew Monopoly streets were taken from Atlantic. But the most densely populated state? That's a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover!

    I lived in Jersey just for six months or so when I was a kid. My parents tape recorded me, and I had such a thick Newark accent. Then again, I'm originally from the Bronx too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover!

    I lived in Jersey just for six months or so when I was a kid. My parents tape recorded me, and I had such a thick Newark accent. Then again, I'm originally from the Bronx too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stopped for gas in NJ and the gas attendant came out to fill up our car. My kids were like, "What in the heck is that"? Yep, a dying breed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew #1, 3, 6 & 7, but I'm kind of cheating because I live here too! Another fun NJ fact: some very famous poets have lived here, including Walt Whitman, William Carlos Williams, Allen Ginsberg and Amiri Buraka.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the Q! That's a lot of people, and sadly a lot of drugs.

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think mean medicinal drugs? Quite a state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that about Monopoly. Pretty cool. Thank you again for the cover and sale share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did know 4, 5, & 6, but the rest was news to me.

    I live in Nevada. Plenty of quirky here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only knew 1, (of course, that one I love) 6, and 7. And I live here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the cover art for Light Bringer is gorgeous!

    Also, great facts! Never knew any of that about NJ. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete