In celebration of his cover reveal and new novel, Brandon is having a special sale on his first and second novels in this series, Elemental and Ashes. The sale ends tomorrow, Tuesday April 21, so jump on this great deal and check out these books today. Thanks!
Now, on to the A-Z Challenge- today is the letter Q. My theme this year is a tour of my home state New Jersey. But I was hard pressed to find anywhere or anything to highlight that starts with the letter Q. So I decided to list 10 quick, quirky facts about New Jersey:
1. Jersey Girls don't pump gas. And I, for one, am thrilled to death we don't have to.
2. Believe it or not, New Jersey has more horses than Kentucky.
3.The first basketball game was played in none other than Hoboken, New Jersey in 1846.
4. NJ is the nation's most densely populated state with an average of 1030 people per square mile.
5. The first drive-in movie opened in Camden, New Jersey.
6. Street names for the game of Monopoly were taken from real ones in Atlantic City, NJ.
7. The light bulb and motion picture projector were both invented by Thomas Edison in NJ.
8. NJ ranks high in the production of almost ALL garden vegetables. It also produces cranberries, blueberries and peaches.
9. Atlantic City is home to the world's longest boardwalk!
10: Here's a fact I'm not very proud of: about one-sixth of all the drugs manufactured in the US come from NJ.
Did you know any of those facts? Are you surprised about any? What's unique or quirky about your home state? And please don't forget to go check out The Writer's Storm and Brandon's new cover.