About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 18, 2015

A-Z Challenge Letter P is for Princeton

My A-Z theme this year is a tour of all of my favorite places to visit in my home state of New Jersey. On this bright, sunny, Saturday morning we find ourselves on the letter P.

Princeton University
Princeton is one of those iconic towns that is known to all because of the Ivy League University that shares the same name. I think every New Jersey resident should, at one point or another, take the time to visit Princeton and the surrounding area.
Here is a nice shot of some of that famous Ivy
Princeton Choir Chapel, so beautiful 

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind living in these dorm rooms.

No matter how many times I visit Princeton, it's never enough. It doesn't matter whether or not we go into Princeton to take a stroll down the historic streets, see a football game, shop, dine, visit an art exhibit, hear a lecture or the Princeton Chapel Choir perform, I honestly can't get enough of this town. There is always so much to do and see and the excitement this kind of university town buzzes with is infectious. My two older girls have been treated to a special Princeton Uni tour with their gifted and talented classes. The highlight of the tour, (for my twelve year old)  was when she went to purchase a granola bar in one of the campus stores and she was asked if she had her student id on her.. Oh my word, that child came home lit up like a little lightening bug hollering, 

"Mom, mom, guess what? They actually thought I was a student!!" 

Have any of you ever gone to Princeton? Do any of you live near a famous campus or have you attended an Ivy League School?  Did any of you ever notice that Princeton University's initials are PU? Ha.  -Jaybird out. 



23 comments:

  1. I didn't know Princeton was in New Jersey. Then again, I used to think New Jersey was an island (like our Jersey) so I don't know much! It does look a lot like somewhere like Oxford or Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of this countries oldest colleges, along the lines of Oxford and Cambridge. And New Jersey was named after your Isle of Jersey- so you are right about that.

      Delete
  2. I've ever been there and these are actually the first pictures of the place that I've ever seen. I've heard a lot about it naturally but never seen pictures. It's a nice place, loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful place to visit. Really cool restaurants, art exhibits, tours, and just walking around the campus is fun.

      Delete
  3. nothing close in the ivy league around here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princeton is our shining star when it comes to Ivy League schools, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. I've never been to Princeton. Your photos are stunning. I love the one if the ivy (LOL). I was really close to Harvard because our son lived in Boston for a while. I love visiting the East. Such a different perspective and so much history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Harvard. I'd like to visit there one day too. My cousin went to MIT, so I did visit there once.

      Delete
  5. They ID'd your daughter! Oh, this is a high point to discuss with her other 12 yr. girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she was the talk of her G&T class, it was like the icing on her cake of a trip.

      Delete
  6. About a month ago I visited the Princeton University Art Museum for the first time and I was blown away. It was nothing like any university museum I'd ever been to - its scope was astounding. My friends and I wandered through it for two hours and didn't see half of the art they had on exhibit. And, best of all, it's absolutely FREE!! Well worth a trip from anywhere in New Jersey, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to take in the art museam. My parents used to take me and my siblings to the museum in Princeton quite often when I was a kid. I grew up loving it. My oldest sister was an artist, and majored in Fine Art in college, she really appreciated it. I really miss her perspective on things. But now, I get to take my own kids there and it is such a wonderful tradition to pass on.

      Delete
  7. I think I would like to walk around that campus! How cute with your young daughter; how interesting if she attends Princeton one day :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was besides herself with excitement, like only 12 year old girls can be...lol. Walking around campus is so much fun. It's a great place to visit.

      Delete
  8. My cousin went to Princeton. I got a lousy sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! My cousin went to MIT. Same cousin, also went to Stanford to achieve his Masters... and I didn't get a sweatshirt from either!! :)

      Delete
  9. We used to live near Princeton. A must do in town is ice cream. Everyone stands in line to get a dish or cone at Thomas Sweet’s. Then it’s very typical to see lots of people walking around town with their treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ALL about the ice cream. I will stand in line all day long to get mine. You would definitely catch me walking down the street eating my sweet treat!!

      Delete
  10. Ive League University, as in did I go to one. Ha, ha, ha!

    This is truly a beautiful and iconic campus. I would love to visit one day.

    I've fallen behind and now need to go and catch-up! Don't want to miss any of the tour, besides there might be a test later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for keeping up with all my crazy posts. And Faith's too. She is struggling to post on time this year so much. Poor kid is really doing her best. She got hit with that infection and then a ton of make-up homework and projects this past week. Can't wait- 10 more weeks of school and then they are OUT for summer. Happy Dancing!

      And me, attending an Ivy League School. Ha. That would be a joke. The Husband and I are always blown away by our girls' intellect. We are like, how did the two of US get kids that are so stinking smart? We know there is a God in heaven and He loves us, cause, dang. I had remedial math my whole life and some of the math my kids do I've never seen before in my life!! Very humbling. Visiting the Princeton campus, for them, is quite inspirational. For me, it's a fun day out with the fam. Either way, it's a win-win!!

      Delete
  11. I like your A-Z challenge idea. New Jersey needs all the help it can get--my only time in the state has been spent in the Newark airport or on the Appalachian Trail. No, I didn't go to Princeton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sage!! That's exactly why I chose this as my theme. Too many people have only seen Newark and have NO idea how gorgie NJ truly is. Thanks so much for popping in and commenting!!

      Delete
  12. I have a cousin who graduated from Princeton and he's now fairly wealthy. I never see him though, but we've talked on the phone a few times. I've been through Princeton a few times, but never spent much time there. I keep wishing my step-daughter or her husband who are professors in Houston would get positions at Princeton so they'd be close to my daughters and then my wife and I would move close to there.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Join us on May 4 with your post of Reflections about this year's A to Z.
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete