About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2015

A to Z Challege Theme Reveal 2015



This will be my third year participating in the A to Z Challenge so I know full well what I am signing on for. I asked my family if I am completely NUTS. It didn't take very long for the answer to be shouted back at me from four different directions. Because the answer to that question has and always will be a great big, um, yes!!

That leads me to my big reveal. For the past two years, I have gone theme-less, claiming my crazy, ADD brain and I work best in the midst of anarchy. But when I started thinking about this year, I thought, how can going theme-less three years in a row still be considered anarchy? The very fact that I went theme-less twice already made it become routine... I may be nuts and a lot of other things but something I don't ever want to become is predictable, or even worse than that, boring.

So, for the first time in three years I decided to choose a theme. Drum roll please! This year, I'd like to take you all on a special journey and tour of my home state of New Jersey. Recently, New Jersey has been making the news and has gotten a lot of publicity because of some muscled up, loud-mouthed, big haired, and tons of make-up wearing Guidos. But this tour will be different. (Well, okay, maybe some of it will be the same, since I am a loud mouth. And I wear way too much make-up. And I am also a big Guido...) But this will be different!! Because I want to show you New Jersey through the eyes of Jaybird! Be ready to take the road less traveled by. I want to take you to all the best, out of the way places. The state of New Jersey is full of unbelievable beauty and is rich in history that is simply overlooked. So, come follow this nutty Bird on a tour through the Garden State. I promise it will be anything but boring!

Looking forward to visiting you all and seeing the clever themes you came up with again this year!!

* Oh, as an added bonus (and since crazy is clearly inherited) my daughter Faith has decided to come back and do the A-Z Challenge with me again this year. Anyone interested in getting some seriously delicious recipes from an all around awesome kid, you can visit her over at her blog Faith's A Foodie .

18 comments:

  1. Glad Faith will be joining you. Much more fun to be nuts with family.
    Looking forward to a tour of Jersey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I look forward to hearing more about NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great topic. I've never been to New Jersey (except transit stops on Newark). Looking forward to learn more about your state >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Yes, please give me something to mentally picture about New Jersey that isn't just a babbling orange oompa loompa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent theme! You know somehow I've missed out on visiting you, Jaybird. I'll try to get around more often for A to Z! I've missed your awesome sense of humor and love of life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea!

    I traveled through New Jersey to Rhode Island once, but I hardly got the feel for the state ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife's family is from New Jersey, so I'll be counting on you to school me so I can impress them with some newfound knowledge :)

    Sounds like a fun theme and best of luck to you and Farah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sounds fun! I've never been to New Jersey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My late father-in-laws family lives in Jersey. I've always wanted to go there and visit but haven't had the chance. So this little adventure with you will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son lived in NJ for 4 years, loved it, except when he had to shovel three feet of snow. He now lives in Chicago where he does the same. Looking forward to hearing about the Garden State.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to your posts! I work for a national company doing medical transcription and the account I'm on is based in New Jersey; will be interesting to know a little more about the state since I'm across the country in Arizona :) Have fun with the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, an actual theme? Fun! Looking forward to learning more about New Jersey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll get myself strapped in for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have visited Jersey briefly :) Looking forward to learning more!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun theme! I've not been to NJ, so I'm looking forward to your tour. :) Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yea, your back. Not doing A to Z myself, but I'll be checking in here and at Faith's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a current resident of the Garden State I cannot wait for you to show everyone the good side of Jersey--not the stereotypical Jersey Shore/Housewives crap that the New Yorkers want you to see haha.

    ReplyDelete