About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone- hope you have a wonderful holiday chock full of thanks, family, fun and food. As usual, the Bird's Nest will be over-flowing with people, food and lots of activity.  And therefore, I will be MIA from the blog-o-sphere for the next couple of days in order to rest and recooperate. I honestly could not pull the holiday hosting off at all, if it weren't for my awesome sister Adrienne and my mom. They help me so much! Oh, and what would I do without my Faith in the kitchen? That kid is a dynamo. It's 9:00 a.m. and she's already prepped one of our 25 pound turkeys and put it in the oven, started the mashed potatoes, whipped up a chocolate tart,  candied some pecans and made homemade cranberry sauce!! And she's no where near done cooking yet.   (I will try and get her to post those yummy recipes over on her blog Faith's A Foodie. Faith's been so busy with school she has really been neglecting her blog.)

Even with all of the help I receive, after my family leaves, I usually can't walk or get out of bed for a few days. I really knock myself out with preparations and cooking and cleaning and entertaining. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that everybody comes to my house. I know I am so incredibly blessed to have such a loving, close-knit family and we truly enjoy each others company. We have a blast every time we get together and that makes it all worthwhile.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone- Peace and Blessings!!  Jaybird

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm fortunate to be at my daughters house this Thanksgiving. Don't think I could have pulled dinner off by myself. It's good to be with family at the Holidays. Take it easy and tell Faith, I would love to see some of those recipes on her blog. I'll be checking some time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost drooling reading your post! Hope you had a fabulous day! And that kid of yours, wow, you are LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who spent the whole day doing almost all the cooking (and the next day recovering) I know the feeling. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful and yummy Thanksgiving and I really hope that you are recovering well. I would have loved to see what Faith cooked :) I will watch her blog for recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you had a fab Thanksgiving. I went Black Friday shopping...it was nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gearing up for Christmas??? Or maybe you're still in bed from Turkey Day???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Christmas blessings if I don't bump into you sooner :)

    ReplyDelete