About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Insecure Writer's Support Group


The Insecure Writer's Support Group is amazing. It meets the first Wednesday of every month. For more information or a list of participants you can visit Alex J. Cavanaugh's site or the IWSG Facebook page.

OK- this is going to have to be short and sweet this month. I am trying to keep up my optimistic attitude, like I told you about last month. Unfortunately, I haven't made any real progress on my WIP as of yet. Once again, I was stopped in my tracks due to health issues. But I am not going to let it keep me down. God willing, I will be back up to full strength and writing my little heart out again real soon!! One of the bonuses to being bed-ridden (for me) is  having nothing but quiet, alone time. It kind of sends my crazy writer imagination into overdrive!! I come up with all kinds of stories and plots and new characters. It helps take my mind off of some of the pain and is a great way to help pass the time!  (You see, if you look hard enough, you can find a positive side to any situation :))

If you don't get a visit from me today, I apologize. I am going to try and get around to as many of you all as I can, but it might take me a little longer than usual.  - Jaybird

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're stuck in bed and in pain!
    Maybe a recorder so you'll remember some of those ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. This is (sort of )my fault because I know when I push myself I will have to suffer the consequences. During the month of June, I had so much going on, I pushed and pushed until...I popped!! Hopefully, I will mend quickly and be able to be back up to speed, real soon.

      Delete
  2. I'd rather have you healthy and feeling good than writing....just sayin' :) I hope you start feeling better soon and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mark! Thanks. I will be back on my feet before you know it. These little stops and starts are just something I have to deal with. I try to stay positive, no matter what. Sometimes, it's easier than other times..

      Delete
  3. Silver linings are great. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura. I am trying to focus on the positive here.

      Delete
  4. Oh honey, I hope you feel better soon. And you are incredible for finding the positive in everything. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UM, excuse me girl but is that your flipping awesome cover I see all over the place? How stinking exciting!!! I can't believe Remake is out there- So, Is it okay that I live vicariously through you during this process? Cause, I am so freaking excited for you I can't even stand it myself. My girls are tired of hearing me talk about you. I go on and on about how amazing you are and how great this book is going to be, LOL There are like, we know Mom, we know. You told us about five times already!!

      Delete
  5. I love your attitude. You make me feel like such a loser for feeling sorry for myself over my own health concerns. Well, actually that's not completely true. What you really make me feel is hopeful. Hopeful that I can come to a more positive attitude and see how I can benefit from all the 'down time' I have.

    I can remember working so hard on some project and wishing I could just have a week or two to lay around. Now that I have weeks where that's all I can do; all I do is complain. Ha! I've got to learn from you and work harder at seeing the good in everything.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh do not feel like a loser. Let me just tell you how long I have been sick and how many lessons I had to learn over the years!! I HAVE to stay positive. I would go nuts if I didn't and it actually helps me recover quicker when I stay up-beat. I have worked very hard on trying to learn how not to loose my peace, no matter what life throws at me. It's not easy and at first I would always get upset and throw a fit. But after time, (and a lot of prayer) it got a little easier. Practice makes perfect, LOL

      If you want to talk, or need anything, I'm just an e-mail away!!

      Delete
  6. I had a few nearly bedridden weeks in June - it sucked. Technically, I was supposed to do nothing - but I still managed to make it to a bunch of my daughters' activities - I just had my oldest drive with her learner's permit and then I sat at the events without moving much.
    So, I feel your pain.
    And on the other hand - there is definitely a blessing for a writer to be "still" and be able to imagine possibilities and daydream stories.
    Happy daydreaming! Happy writing! Hope and pray you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tyrean! I am definitely on the up-swing now! Thank God.

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh… I'm so very sorry you're suffering so much. Gosh, and bedridden? That is HORRIBLE. I would go CRAZY. Man, I'm glad you can at least blog and keep us updated! I hope this isn't a long term thing and that you can recover soon. Health is everything. But I totally know what you mean by not being able to write while being unhealthy. It's impossible. But good to think about it to help pass the time. Please keep us updated???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing much, much better now, thanks. I can swallow again and my tonsil is no longer as swollen. Thank God, I am out of bed. I'm moving like a turtle, but I'll take it. Any day I'm out of bed is a good day in my book! Thanks for your kind words Morgan!!

      Delete