About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June Meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group


For more information or to find a list of the other participants in this month's meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, pop on over here: Alex J. Cavanaugh.

This month I am not really in the mood to rehash and dwell on all of the same old writer insecurities that have been plaguing me. You know, the old, I'm not good enough, check. I'm afraid to fail, check. I have ZERO time, check. I lack inspiration, check. Slow pacing, check, bad grammar/editing, check, check...flat characters...check. Oh yeah, all of those stupid insecurities are still with me. I haven't beaten them, yet. But I believe with all certainty, I can. And one day, I will!

This month, even though every excuse I have had from the beginning is  holding onto me like a desperate mother who reaches out and grabs a fist full of  her toddler's shirt, I'd like to think of myself more like one of those kids who doesn't stop, but kind of wiggles and wrestles themselves away from whatever or whoever is trying to hold them back! I'd like to start to change my way of thinking and stay in a positive frame of mind. I may wrestle and struggle. But at least I'm fighting! And one day, I'm gonna come up swinging. I will break free.  I will stamp out each and every last one of those ugly excuses from my mind, until they no longer exist.  What about you? What do you need to break free from? Let's make a break for it, together!!!

13 comments:

  1. Keep fighting! Never give up, never surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiggle and wrestle away, Jaybird. I've got your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's do that. First stop on our run is the beach. Woo hoo!!

    Marlo Thomas said on TV the other day that big dreams start with small steps. So, maybe this run could be a steady walk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'll hold my hand, maybe I can do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on wiggling! Staying in motion is the key to finishing the marathon, you know. :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Sam
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just keep going! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same list! I think we both need to get a new one :-) Until we do, let's take Dori's advice and just keep swimming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle! You'll get there. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My stage fright is passing thank goodness. And if I can do it so can you. :-)


    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I love this! It's not over till you stop swinging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to break from that little negative voice that tends to crop up whenever I'm in some kind of slump. That voice that tells me that maybe my time is best spent elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I love that analogy! You'll get free, you just keep wiggling. I mean writing. ;-) Whatever, just keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all of the supportive comments guys! I really want to try and keep upbeat and positive. That's the kind of frame of mind I want to write with from now on. (Whenever possible)

    ReplyDelete