About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 23, 2014

A Little Bird's Nest update...

It's officially summer over here at the Bird's Nest. Well, at least for two of my little chicks. The oldest has four more finals and days left in this marking period. Of course, she has been working her little tail feathers off, trying to finish the last of her big projects up and cramming for her final exams. This year, her very first in Middle School, (and the extremely tough Gifted and Talented program she is enrolled in)  proved to be very challenging. We had many ups and downs. I'm happy to say, the ups outnumbered the downs, which is a very good thing indeed. Any new school environment takes time to adjust to. Overall, she had a stellar year, growing academically and physically. I can't believe my little girl is going to be an 8th grader!
Dr. Faith during a recent frog dissection.  It's not easy being green.
So Chick #2, a/k/a the middle child, just graduated from 6th grade and will be making her way over to the "big Middle School" next.  She did amazing at her graduation, winning a Peer Leadership Award (which as her momma, I was so stinking proud of, even more so than any of the academic awards she received). Sitting in the audience, watching her graduate, gave me the worst sense of deja vu. Was it only last June that I watched  daughter #1 do the very same thing? But chick #2 took it to another level when she decided to apply for the same gifted and talented program as her older sister. Gah!! The pressure of having to live up to your over-achieving big sister! I wondered and worried incessantly if this would be too much for her. Thankfully, she does not take after her anxiety-ridden mother. She welcomes any academic challenge. My smart little chickadee made it through Phase 1, (woot, woot) which means they accepted her portfolio, work samples, teacher recommendations and test scores. She had her interview and assessment tests on the 17th, which constitutes Phase 2. Just getting through to this last stage is truly amazing. Now, we just have to wait. Sitting and waiting for the phone to ring....is that hardest part, for me. Cause waiting patiently, yeah, not my strong suit.
Farrah, receiving a great big hug and award from her teacher, while the Superintendent watches and smiles.
On to daughter #3. She may be the smartest, toughest chickadee of all. It's not easy being third in line. But she always finds a way to stand out. She is truly a bird that marches to the beat of her own drum, or guitar is more appropriate, cause that's her instrument of choice.  Playing guitar, archery, being a part of the chorus, and heavily involved in Girl Scouts, are some of her favorite things. But she's no chump in the academic department either, having achieved nothing less than a 96 as a final grade in any of her classes.
Frankie on our recent trip to Florida.
 

If you couldn't already tell, The Husband and I are very proud of all three of our little chicks. We take delight in watching them grow into their diverse personalities, as well as watching all of their academic achievements, but most of all, for the loving, kind and respectful chickadees they are becoming. But man, oh man, am I really looking forward to a homework/project-free summer. One full of rest, relaxation and tons and tons of books. I can't wait to catch up on my TBR pile, that's floor to ceiling high right now. As well as get back to work on some of the writing projects I had to shove aside for lack of time during the school year, as I was too busy being chauffeur, chef, counselor, activities coordinator and social director.  Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had, but by far the most rewarding.

What are your plans for the summer? Any of your chickadees graduate? I have to give a shout out to my  niece Holly, who graduated from high school on Friday night. I am extremely proud of her. Drop me a comment Peeps- what makes you most proud of  your chicks (or yourself)?  ~ Jaybird .

My niece Holly 


16 comments:

  1. All three of your daughters did awesome! I know it's pressure on you, but hope your second daughter makes it into the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alex! I am so proud of them. My girls are really a blessing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Farrah makes it into GATE, but ultimately, I'm leaving it in God's hands and His will to be done in her life.

      Delete
  2. Strut around proud, mama bird! Your girls are fabulous. Have a terrific summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine! How are you? I am a big fat proud mother hen aren't I? But I can't seem to help myself when it comes to them! Maybe because I struggled in school... it makes me even more proud of my three little smarty pants and their accomplishments !

      Delete
  3. Your daughters are a credit to you. Hope you have a great summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annalisa!! Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to a nice, looooong break from the academics this summer and focus more on all the fun stuff. Reading, writing and the beach. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, your girls all sound amazing and adorable each in their own unique way...exactly as it should be. Enjoy your summer with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest nephew just graduated pre-school

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've got some great girls there. You and the hubby should be proud. Best of luck to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls sound amazing - and clearly, they take after their momma! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how people sit around and lament high school being over? I am going to be the gal who laments the glory days of kids at home. Kids are such a blessing and we are so very truly blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all your girls have so much going on. Impressive! No wonder you're a proud mama... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls are amazing, but them
    I'm not surprised. Look at the dedicated living Mom they've got.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's awesome. All of them are doing wonderfully. Me? I'm still trying to teach any of my four dogs how to sit. So far... nothing. I think it's best I not yet have "chickadees."

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a proud mama you must be! Good job to all your girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Post.
    Valuable information is here.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    birdnest Singapore

    ReplyDelete