About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Letter O is for Over-sharing

OK, this would be one of those times I might possibly be accused of over-sharing and giving out TMI. But I'm gonna do it anyway. Recently, I had to undergo some surgery to remove a tumor on my breast. Thankfully, it was not cancerous. But it was quite a large tumor and it required a fair amount of stitches. Any of you know what happens to stitches after a while? They start to itch.  Really bad. But this itch happened to be in a private place. A place most polite people don't go around scratchin' or picking in public- unless you are Honey Boo Boo's mom.
Mama June doesn't really care where or when it happens, if she has an itch, she's gonna scratch it!

As time went on and my stitches started to itch and pull and I was out in public, I had to get really creative on how to scratch that itch without anyone catching me! I felt like my cat, looking around for some scratching post I could shimmy up to. LOL I was counting down the days until the stitches could come out. Wouldn't you know, the same day I was supposed to get my stitches out, we got hit with about a foot and a half of snow!! I was whining complaining about the itching incessantly.  Ironically, I know about five people in my immediate family who were all qualified to remove the stitches for me. The down side, the stitches are in a place where I don't want my family's face. I waited two more days in agony until my surgeon's office could reopen and I could finally, finally, get those itching stitches removed!! Anyone else ever have an itch they couldn't scratch? LOL

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! I'm sure your husband would've offered to help with the scratching though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I'm sorry. An itch you can't scratch is certainly no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry to hear about your itch! Glad the op went well though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, ha! That's funny, but it could have been worse. There are a few 'other' private places that might be even more embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you're not going to believe this (because we're never the same about ANYTHING), but I had a breast tumor removed too, and yes...the privacy itches. Luckily, mine were stitches that were supposed to come out on their own within a couple of weeks and I didn't have to go back to the doc.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL--have had stiches, and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had to deal with them, but that sounds embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really mom? This is one of those times where I would definitely say to you that's TMI!!!@! You are so crazy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all live with TMI Faith. It's good to share sometimes embarrassing information so others who have had similar experiences but won't talk about it, will no longer feel alone. Besides, it's a funny story and when you get to a certain stage in life, nothing sacred.

    ReplyDelete