About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A-Z Letter Y is for YES

YES! We are almost done. These last few days of  A-Z posting for Faith and I have been a little trying. Faith has an unrelenting schedule and I'm always in awe of how that kid keeps it all together. Me, on the other hand, can just forget about ever pulling my shiz together.  It's not going to happen. I'm not being pessimistic here, just realistic. Last night, I fell asleep before Jeopardy even started. (That's earlier than a baby and every senior citizen I know!)  I wound up having very weird and disturbing dreams because of it too. And I woke up, still tired. Thank God for strong coffee!! Did any of you ever fall asleep on the couch and wake up disoriented, still tired and wondering what the heck is wrong with you to dream such bizzaro dreams, like me?
Faith and I on our recent trip to "Italy" or  Disney's version of it.
She really, really wants to travel to Italia for her 16th B-day.
The Husband and I told her if she can learn to speak fluent Italian, we will take her. :)

Here are a few completely bizarre Jaybird dream facts:
1. In my dreams, I'm super tough and physically strong. (The polar opposite of how I am in real life)
2. Nine times out of ten, this Bird can actually fly. (Which would be awesome if I really could, wouldn't it?)
3. In my dreams I often return to this one house that I recognize as being mine, but it's not any of the houses I've ever actually lived in. It's so weird! Funny thing is, I would love to live in this house. It's a huge, old Victorian that's got turrets and hidden doorways and tons of bedrooms. It's big enough to comfortably fit my entire family and all the strays I host at the Bird's Nest. My hope is one day, in real life, I will actually find that house and be in a position to buy it!
4. There are quite a few times I show up places without my shoes on or missing some vital thing I need.
5. Almost every night, I wind up dreaming that I have to pee. And I wake up and have to go do just that!!!

(**Just a reminder, anyone who comments on this crazy blog between now and May 1st will automatically be entered in my Sweet Peep Giveaway!)

22 comments:

  1. My husband and I went to Italy for our tenth anniversary. Venice was amazing and is my favorite city in the world! I want to go there again so bad. And we rented a Harley for a day and rode up to Volterra because we are Twilight fans. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to take the girls to Italy. Not sure how we will monetarily make that happen, but it's something we are seriously taking under consideration.

      Delete
  2. You need to write a story about that crazy house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just do that one day Alex! That place haunts me.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure even Sigmund Freud would try to decipher those dreams :) I hardly ever remember mine but, when I do, I (and usually other people I know) never look as they do in the real world. They look different, but I still know who they are.

    Besides that, I really have no set pattern in the dreamworld.

    I've also done the 'fall asleep and wake up disoriented' thing too....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No point in deciphering my dreams Mark, I already know I'm bananas! Ha.

      I hate that feeling of waking up and not knowing where the heck I am. It freaks me out so bad.

      Delete
  4. I don't remember my dreams either. But this post made me think of the movie Avatar and how the disabled hero could walk and run in Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing was that? I can't compare myself to the disabled, but I do happen to dream that I am physically strong, and nothing could be further from the truth in the real world! So that's pretty cool for me.

      Delete
  5. I tend to have reoccurring themes, too, but most of them I know where they come from. Wouldn't it be so cool if that ended up being your house someday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep waiting to find it in real life!! I hope I do one day. It would be amazing.

      Delete
  6. I've had my share of weird dreams. But like you there are sometimes patterns or reuccuring themes. Whenever I dream of houses they are always much larger than their real life counter part. There are stairways all over the place and rooms that during the dream I have known for years but when I wake up I realize that that is not the case.

    I read somewhere that houses represent minds so that may be why they are so complex?

    LittleCely's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is a hot mess, so that makes sense!!

      Delete
  7. Well, if you could fly, you'd never need shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey NICK!! How are you? It's good to see your comment. :) Yes, I would care less if I had shoes, if I could fly for real! How amazing would that be?

      Delete
  8. Good luck to Faith in learning Italian! I think that's great motivation. :) I sometimes have very similar dreams. I love to fly in my dreams, even though sometimes I'm a bit clumsy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm clumsy with it too Christine.

      I can't put anything past my Faith. That kid is one smart cookie. She may wind up speaking better Italian than her G'ma, if she puts her mind to it, LOL

      Delete
  9. LOL, I definitely go WTF?! over my own dreams, too. (Like, I once had a falling dream where I actually did go S-P-L-A-T before waking up. Not fun, needless to say!) Your dream house sounds so, so lovely. That'd be really cool if you did somehow manage to find it in real life someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!!! You make me feel "normal". I can't believe you really went splat in your dream! That's so disturbing. I would have hated that feeling too.

      I hope to heck I do find my dream house one day. Here's a little secret- I troll all of the realtor web sites looking for it. I just know it's got to be out there, somewhere!!

      Delete
  10. My hat is off to you Faith and everybody else participating in the A to Z thing. Idid it one year and found it to be grueling, but the end is in sight and you have posted some real interesting stuff here.

    With respect to dreams; I certainly do have some strange ones. A few of them seem to make sense, but others are so far out there, I have no idea what they could mean. Maybe it's simply what I ate the night before, or maybe what I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SOOOO much for all of your support FAE!! You have been our rock. Faith and I are so indebted to you for always commenting and trying out all of her recipes. We are so thankful for your comments and consideration!!!

      Delete
  11. fell asleep before Jeopardy? That's like 7 on my station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ain't kidding Adam! It comes on at 7:30 here. Can you believe I fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up, still stinking tired? That is seriously messed up!!!

      Delete