About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 21, 2014

A-Z Challenge Letter R is for Rest and Relaxation

After enduring such a tumultuous winter, The Husband and I received an offer we couldn't refuse- a free place to stay down in Orlando! Thanks to my lovely sister-in-law and brother-in-law, we were gifted with a week at their time share in a beautiful resort near Disney. My kids have never been to Disney, and have always wanted to go, so off we went.
My girls at the resort.

Although I often think I can catch up on some R&R here at home, something or someone always interrupts it. Because of  all of my ailments and recent surgery, I knew I would have to take it slow and easy, but taking a little time off and getting away, was just what the doctor ordered.

Blogging through this vacation, for Faith and I, proved to be most difficult. We had spotty connections and on more than one occasion we had written entire posts and lost them! Sometimes, when we would try to comment on other blogs our comments and responses got eaten. It was so frustrating! And then, the days we were on the road traveling, it was impossible to post. I am happy to be back at home, and yet very grateful to have had the opportunity to get away with my family and take a little break. If you haven't had a comment from me or Faith in a few days, now you know why.

I have a ton of pictures to sort through, and oh, a million stories to tell about our little adventure (traveling anywhere with me always becomes an outstanding memory, LOL) but I need another day or so before my vacation brain reboots itself and gets going again. How did you spend your Spring Break? Did any of you manage to get in some R&R?


26 comments:

  1. Glad you got a week at Disney! Don't worry about the blogging. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We managed to do a pretty decent job, even though we were away. All in all, it was a great experience!

      Delete
  2. We drove down to the Grand Canyon for a few days. It was so beautiful, although I don't know if it ever really counts as a vacation when you travel with kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to the Grand Canyon! That is on my bucket list. And no, it's not much of a vacation when you are still doing three loads of laundry everyday, (which is what I did on my vaca!) Dang girls. Had to change their clothes every time they stepped out the door!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that sounds amazing. Alex is right, blogging takes a back seat to an awesome family vacation. And also... I completely forgot Spring Break was even a thing. So... that tells you how I spent mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring Break is still big down here. Lots of people want to escape the cold weather and go someplace warm. It was really hard putting our coats on again, when we got back home.

      Delete
  4. We went to Disneyworld in December 2013 right before Christmas. It certainly was fun, but restful and relaxing it was NOT. There is so much to do and so much running around. I needed a vacation when we got back from vacation. Fortunately, at that time we were still on island and every day there was a vacation. We had a time-share there also, and from the picture you posted it may have been the same one, although I bet a lot of those places look alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you aren't kidding FAE! Man, we left the house at 8 am for Epcot and didn't come home to 11 pm. The entire time we had to walk and run around. It was exhausting!! I had to stay back at the condo for two days afterwards, just to recoup! The place we stayed was a Sheraton Vistana Resort. I'm not sure if there are more than one of those, but it was an awesome place to stay. Especially, for free!!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you got to get away--how did your kids like Disney? We took ours a couple years ago and had an incredible time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls, as you know, as not the "average". They could care less about all the rides and Magic Kingdom with all the princesses (which I would have liked, LOL) All they wanted to see was Epcot. They love to learn and most of those rides, are all about your imagination. Overall, they really enjoyed visiting all of the "countries' around Epcot. That was their favorite experience at Disney.

      Delete
  6. Did you have an absolutely grand time?? Kids at D-Land add an extra dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an experience, that's for sure! Epcot is the only park we went to, (as per my kids request). But we had a wonderful time there.

      Delete
  7. Getting away is very important. We have to enjoy our family life is short.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. After the winter I had, I really wanted to take advantage of this offer to go away. It was a last minute decision, trying to figure out if we could swing it, and I am so glad we did!

      Delete
  8. Glad you and the family got to have a nice vacation after this brutal winter. Hope the kids had a great time at Disney.

    Its sooo frustrating to lose a comment or post because of a bad connection (or Blogger being temper mental) Good for you and Faith to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man Chris, it made me nuts! But I am glad we stuck it out. Faith only missed one day and posted two posts on the next to catch up. It was fun, and I love to go away, but there is no place like home and I am always happy to come back to my own bed!

      Delete
  9. What a great way to spend spring break! The winter was definitely too long. Here's to a wonderfully nice and sunny summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun and unexpected, so much appreciated. This winter was awful. SO glad it's behind us!

      Delete
  10. We live about an hour and a half from Disney....you should have called...we could have met up! :) Glad you enjoyed your time and Disney truly is, the happiest place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is, Faith and I were talking about you, and I said to her, if I'm not mistaken, I think Mark lives somewhere around here! I really regret not getting in touch- I would have loved for us to come and meet you and your wife! It was such a packed trip though, we had very little down time. Plus, we were traveling with relatives, so there were like 8 of us, everywhere we went. That, always complicates things!

      Delete
  11. I barely notice people had spring break around here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it still cold by you? Man, was it tough to come home from 70 degree sunny weather to cold and ice. Not fun. But Spring is on the way!!

      Delete
  12. Glad you finally got some much needed R&R! And I know what you mean about blogging during vacation. It's always so tough to do, if not downright impossible, which is why I tend to go on a blog hiatus for it, heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wasn't in the A-Z with Faith, I wouldn't have killed myself to get an internet connection. But once I commit to something, I am determined to finish. Even when things get tough, I refuse to quit.

      Delete
  13. Holidays have a tendency to floor me. So much to do, so little time! I have this dream that one day I will be organized and everything will run smoothly. Everyone needs a dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Easter turned out to be awesome, even though I came home at 4:00 a.m. the day before, I was able to get up early on Sunday, prepare a Sunday school lesson, go to church and teach the lesson, go home, clean up my house, cook a ham and a lasagna and tons of appetizers/desert and then host my entire family for the holiday. However, it's now Tuesday, and I still can't walk, LOL But I did it!!!!

      Delete