About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 14, 2014

A-Z Challenge Letter "L" Love

L is for Love. When The Husband and I first got married, he was still in the military. He would have to leave for days and/or weeks at a time training with the USMC. It would kill me to drop him off at the airport or up at the base, knowing we were going to be separated for a long period of  time. I give all the career, full-time military families major credit! They have to go so much longer without being able to see their loved ones than I ever did. The women and men of the military, who keep it all together back here on the home front, are heroes to me too. It's not easy being left behind.  That's love.  Its often mocked and quoted at weddings, but if you really read and meditate on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, to me, it's the perfect example of what true love should be.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight  in evil but  rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes always perseveres. Love never fails.

15 comments:

  1. Agree with you on 1 Corinthians!
    My father was in the military and my mother had to survive without him for long stretches of time. I know it was hard on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scripture. And I'm with you on giving all those military families props. We all benefit from that love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scripture and well said. The wife and I are lucky that we've never had to be separated like this, so I couldn't imagine what it would have to be like to be half a world away from the one you love for years at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being apart is a tough thing, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 1 Corinthians on a poster! Major kudos to military families...yours included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was always my favorite scripture. Love is something you never want to be away from, but it will always bring you back.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said! 1 Corinthians describes perfect love - the kind we get from Jesus, and the kind we get to share when we rely on him. :) Military families sacrifice so much for freedom and I am extremely thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The people who serve our country aren't the only ones who make sacrifices to do so. It's tough for the families, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We live near San Diego. When a ship comes in, the docks are filled with the wives, husbands, parents, children of those disembarking.

    The not knowing and then the waiting is unimaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post today. Love is, in fact the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said! It is such a sacrifice for all involved, and so tough to separate husbands and wives for any length of time. And I had heard that passage before but I didn't know it was scripture. Guess i forgot all my catholic school learnin already :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother is currently serving about a year in D.C. away from his wife. He's done it before but this time he had to depart from his daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love never fails. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Love all the support for our military.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know a lot of military families, and it's just an amazing testament on the power of LOVE how they hold it together despite all the challenges. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete