About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 12, 2014

A-Z Challenge Letter K

K is for Keyboards. I abuse the heck out of my keyboards! My brother came over to use my computer and couldn't believe how beat down my keyboard was. A few days later when he was out and about, he saw a keyboard and decided to pick me up a new one. (I am very blessed. My brother is super generous and very, very thoughtful. He is always doing stuff like that for me and my girls; he is made of awesome:)
This is my old keyboard. If you look closely, you can see that I wore the letters right off the keys! 

Even though my brother gifted me with the new and improved keyboard, I'm ashamed to admit it took me two years before I finally broke down and installed the new one. I fear change. And I was afraid that if I had to adjust to a new keyboard it would slow me down. Last week, right before the A-Z Challenge, my old keyboard died. I'm still adjusting to the new one. It's shaped differently (it's the kind that's supposed to help with carpal tunnel) and I keep hitting the wrong keys. So if you notice that I am making a few more typos than usual, I'm blaming it on the new keyboard :) What kind of keyboard do you prefer? Anyone else fear change?
Here's my new fancy smancy keyboard. Courtesy of my brother Chris.

13 comments:

  1. Glad you're using the new one now!
    Mine is a Saitek Eclipse II. It glows either blue, red, or purple, which is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaa? I never even heard of a keyboard that glows! That's cool as heck.

      Delete
  2. I too go through keyboards like mad. I don't really fear change. Actually, most time I welcome it. I wish I had a brother, especially one as awesome as your sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes me a long time to get through change. I am a static person. I am trying to change that...ha ha ha.In all seriousness I really do want to be more adaptive to new things and situations, but it is hard for me. I love to go to new places and try new food, but that's about the extent of the change I'm good with.

      Delete
  3. I hate change too and resist it. If it were up to me, I probably wouldn't have a cell phone, or internet for that matter, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I am with you there! The cell phone company keeps calling me and saying, you can upgrade! Well, no kidding but I just figured out how to use my original phone from 1998- LOL

      Delete
  4. I am still suing my beat up letter missing one. My brother bought me one as well, but this one is used to my fingers...or maybe the other way around lol.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that you have a brother that bought you a keyboard too! My brother is the best. He is always picking me up stuff and upgrading my low-tech household. Unfortunately, for him, he is also my tech support. That's like a whole nother full time job for him, LOL

      Delete
  5. I always hate the ones made with the laptops. I need a real keyboard, so I have a USB one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I tell ya, I hate changing keyboards for the same reason - it takes ages to get used to the new placement of the keys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at my keyboard, I'm actually surprised it's in such good condition - hardly any of the letters are worn down. Clearly I'm not writing enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SELECTIVE "FAITH ONLY" SALVATION

    FAITH ONLY BELIEVERS IN CHRIST DENY THAT THE NEW COVENANT PLAN OF SALVATION WAS NOT IN EFFECT UNTIL AFTER THE DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS. (THAT WOULD BE ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST) IN ORDER TO BE SAVED WITHOUT BEING BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF THEIR SINS. (WATER BAPTISM) THEY PROCLAIM THAT THEY CAN BE SAVED LIKE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS. (LUKE 23:39-43)
    IF MEN TODAY CAN BE SAVED LIKE, THE THIEF ON THE CROSS, THEN WHY CAN THEY NOT BE SAVED LIKE, THE RICH YOUNG RULER?

    LUKE 18:18-22 A RULER QUESTIONED HIM, SAYING, "GOOD TEACHER, WHAT MUST I DO TO INHERIT ETERNAL LIFE?" 19 JESUS SAID TO HIM, "WHY DO YOU CALL ME GOOD? NO ONE IS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE. 20 YOU KNOW THE COMMANDMENTS, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.' 21 AND HE SAID, "ALL THESE THINGS I HAVE KEPT FROM MY YOUTH." 22 WHEN JESUS HEARD THIS, HE SAID TO HIM, "ONE THING YOU STILL LACK; SELL ALL THAT YOU POSSESS AND DISTRIBUTE IT TO THE POOR, AND YOU SHALL HAVE TREASURE IN HEAVEN; COME AND FOLLOW ME."

    WHAT WAS THE RICH MAN'S PLAN OF SALVATION?

    The rich man's question was what must I do to inherit eternal life?

    1. Do not commit adultery.
    2. Do not murder.
    3. Do not steal.
    4. Do not bear false witness.
    5. Honor your father and mother.
    6. Sell all your possessions and distribute them to the poor.

    Jesus said do this and you shall have treasure in heaven.

    Can men today be saved by, the rich man's plan of salvation? OF COURSE NOT!

    Can men today be saved by, the thief on the cross plan of salvation? OF COURSE NOT!

    The apostle Peter preached the first gospel sermon under the New Covenant on the Day of Pentecost.

    THE NEW COVENANT PLANT OF SALVATION
    1. FAITH: John 3:16
    2. REPENTANCE: Acts 2:38
    3. CONFESSION Romans 10:9-10
    4. WATER BAPTISM: Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16, Acts 22:16, Galatians 3:27, Romans 6:1-7, Colossians 2:12-13.

    (All Scripture quotes from: NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)
    .

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adapt fairly well to different keyboards. I bought a nice Dvorak keyboard, hoping I'm make the time to learn how to use it, but, alas, I've kept it in QWERTY mode most of the time, and I'm wearing all the letters off it, too. I just haven't found a compelling reason to make the switch, even with mild carpal tunnel syndrome. I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad and iPhone, but I rarely use it (although I like it). I don't do enough extended typing on either mobile device to make it worthwhile to set it up.

    Jean, visiting for the A-Z Challenge from Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer

    ReplyDelete