About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

A-Z Challenge, Letter F

This was the easiest post for me to come up with for the A-Z Challenge yet.  F is for Faith's a Foodie!  Who is Faith's A Foodie? If you don't already know, please allow this momma a shameless promotional moment to highlight her blog today. Faith is my adorable, uber-talented, 12 year old daughter who is taking this A-Z Challenge with me. It's such a privilege and joy to do this challenge with her. She inspires me everyday. Here's a little saying we have in our house about Faith:  "When Faith cooks, everybody wins!"
My Faith xo
Let me tell you a little bit about what kind of amazing kid she is. Because of my frequent illness, I'm not always able to cook. My daughter, instead of complaining about our tough situation, never said a word.  Instead, she took it upon her self to make meals for her sisters and father. She has been foraging around in the kitchen and coming up with recipes since she was quite young. (She also pitches in around the house with chores without being asked.) Faith volunteers at church and is one of the most sought after teacher's assistants. (They "fight" over who gets her help in the Sunday school classes!) Faith loves to learn and challenge herself. She is in a very competitive academic program at school which is highly demanding. She gets anywhere from four-five hours of homework a night-and still manages to make the Honor Roll every marking period. It's comes as no surprise to us in the Bird's Nest, that Little Miss Faith, at age 12, has long since surpassed many adults in culinary talent. (her mother is one of them) She continues to wow us with her creativity, talent, compassion and intelligence. Overall, she is one AWESOME kid. And in case you can't tell, I am so very proud of her.

Thanks to followers, like Far Away Eyes and Brandon Ax, who have been continually commenting on her blog and providing Faith with (non-parental) encouragement. It means a lot to her and to me. Even if you don't follow culinary blogs, it would be really cool if you took a moment and gave her a quick shout out before this A-Z Challenge is all said and done.  I'd really appreciate it. (Poor kid is sick as a dog today too. Bad things are going around school like upper respiratory infections, strep throat and mono! We are going to the doctor this afternoon,  fingers crossed it's none of the above!!)


20 comments:

  1. Sorry she's sick today. You should be one proud mother - she sounds like an amazing kid. She'll have a positive impact on this world for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I am so proud of her!! She just got chosen for National Honor Society at school (you need a 3.7 or above GPA to be invited) and you need a letter of recommendation. Our Pastor wrote one for her that made me cry! It was so beautiful and talked about what a great kid she is, so full of integrity and maturity beyond her years as well as what an awesome help she is to the Children's Ministry in our church. I didn't want her to turn the letter in, instead I wanted to frame it! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear she's sick, but that's simply amazing. Good for her. I didn't start cooking until I was in my 20s and had to. Had I known how fun and rewarding it was, I probably would have started sooner.

    Also, we would comment on her blog but we don't want her to, uh, see our name and read the filth we spit out on a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just heard from the Doctor- not mono or strep, thank God! Wicked sinus infection is the winner. Which is a good thing cause that's not catching (On a selfish note I can't get sick again right now; I'm finally doing so much better)

      Thanks for the self-censorship guys!! I really do appreciate that. There are a lot of blogs on the A-Z list I already warned her to uh, skip please...

      Delete
  3. I have been following her blog. She has not only amazing talent as a cook, she puts most kids to share with her writing, which is excellent. I made my 13-yr-old read one of her posts and then challenged him to do better. Hope she gets well soon.
    http://yeakleyjones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Ann, thank you!! I so appreciate that. She really is talented, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom. I recognize her talents and am so thrilled she loves to cook and write. It's something we can do together and I look forward to doing, for sure!!

      Delete
  4. There seems to be a lot of illness going around all over the place at the moment! Hope Faith feels better soon - I am going to visit her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra!! Turns out she has a bad sinus infection. You know the kind, when you feel like your head weighs a thousand pounds and your nose just keeps running. It's miserable, poor kid. I know it would make her feel better to get a little blog blitz going. Thank you for visiting her site!

      Delete
  5. She sounds amazing - going over there right now to see what she's writing about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! She is amazing and not just because her momma says so. Her recipes and ideas are so incredible. Her teachers at school asked her if she would cater all their events from now on, her food is that good!! I love it :)

      Delete
  6. WOW! TOTALLY IMPRESSED! That's fabulous, seriously. No wonder you're proud - by the way, you might want to check her Chicken Marsala comments - I poked a little fun at YOU!!!! hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing your daughter is! I will definitely check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you and your hubby did a great job of raising her! I meant to join her blog the other day, but forgot...I'll take care of that today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an amazing daughter there and I am really enjoying her blog.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you better get her doctored up real quick, or I'll miss my 'Faith Fix'. I am so enjoying her blog. Not sure my hips will say the same after this month is up. I made her 'A Post' (Cheesecake) yesterday and it is scrumptious. You have every right to be proud, this kid is amazing.

    I'm featuring her in a blog post shortly (maybe even later today, if I can get it together), along with pictures of the greatest cheesecake in the world (my cheesecake, her recipe).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have a good egg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Faith: can you come over to my house and shame my daughter, please? She's 18 and refuses to learn how to cook anything except ramen noodle soup. You sound extremely awesome, and not just because you can cook but because it sounds like wherever you go, you bring happiness with you. It's a rare gift! p.s. My daughter is pretty awesome too, in her own unique ways. I'm just mocking her a little because I can and she'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should be very proud of Faith -- I can't imagine juggling her schedule as an adult never mind a 12 year-old! I'm checking out her blog now and it's quite impressive. Will leave her a comment shortly.

    Hope Faith is feeling better soon; glad she's not stuck with mono or something equally awful. I had that when I was 12, was bedridden for a week. :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have an awesome daughter and have the right to be extremely proud. Faith major props girl and you will be rewarded for feeding your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Faith sounds like a fantastic daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete