About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A-Z Challenge A is for All Aboard!

Woo Woo!! All aboard! Who's ready to jump up on this A-Z crazy train? I am. With both of my freshly manicured feet. I did struggle a bit though, trying to pin myself down to one theme. I've always struggled with coloring within the lines. Any of my regular followers can attest to that. I decided it was in my best interest and everybody else's to go theme-less. And just like when one decides to go bra-less** (see disclaimer below) it's quite a liberating feeling.

So, what kind of posts can you expect from theme-less me throughout this challenge? Who knows what I will think up? The possibilities are endless. You may read about my gigantic Italian family or my screwball husband and three spirited kids, (all tween-age girls, one year apart.) Cripes, I could generate enough posts for five challenges if I focused on each one of them. But posts about my psycho family and busy life are not all you can expect. There will be serious, humorous and reflective posts. Let's not forget about posts that seem like they are going somewhere but are really about nothing. (very similar to this one) I also love to write fiction. Don't think I have the ability to limit myself to one genre either. Nope, not little ole ADD me. You may read blurbs from some of my WIPS (works-in-progress) which include but are not limited to: fantasy, sci-fi, middle grade, romance, YA, NA, poems, flash fiction and any other voices I hear in my head. That's a lot of material to cover. 

Overall, from the steam engine (A) to the caboose (Z) of this crazy train, I'm ready for the ride to begin. Last year was my first A-Z experience. Taking what I learned last year into account I'm on a mission to discover heaps of  new blogs. But I'm equally stoked to check out what themes all of my peeps, (a/k/a Jaybird's original gangster friends/bloggers) have chosen to entertain me with. Last year, they produced phenomenal themes. Their creativity and talent never ceases to astound me. 

If you're new here, welcome to The Bird's Nest. I'm Jaybird. And I sincerely hope you decide to stick around and take this wild ride with me.



**Disclaimer: I can only imagine this to be true.. Personally, I never leave the house au natural. I'm not judging; it's just not a viable option for me. Unless, of course, I feel like tripping over my boobs. :)

32 comments:

  1. If that last line is any indication, I'm going to laugh my way through your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you have in store. This is my first year so I can't wait to get around to see all the variety of post.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brandon! Welcome to the A-Z.. I had a ton of fun with it last year and I'm so pleased to see you joined. I ALWAYS enjoy your posts.

      Delete
  3. I too have freshly manicured feet! Any excuse to get a pedicure is my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I just had to do my toes. We've had NOTHING but snow and misery this winter. My poor toes looked like they went through the war. I needed to feel like spring had really truly come. What says Springtime better than a pedicure? Bring on the flip flops!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ah the old A-Z posts back another year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A-Z returns. Commence the crazy. My house was so dirty last year. I honestly considered hiring a cleaning service this year. Which is comical, considering that's what I do part time. HA.

      Delete
  5. You're going to rock the A-Z challenge. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin! So good to see your smiling little moniker up there. Welcome back. Fingers crossed I can keep up the pace, continually be inspired and finish the challenge.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy your crazy way of thinking and writing. This. Should be fun. Oh, and BTW, I'm jealous as hell (you can figure out about what).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, at this point, there is really no need to be jealous. Maybe, back in my twenties when they were still upright and perky, now, not so much.... Thank God for underwire.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the challenge, Jaybird. I'm not participating this year, but will enjoy from the sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, as always, happy to see your comment and will feel your support from the sidelines!

      Delete
  8. I am SO looking forward to your posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyra! YAY. This is going to be fun. All my peeps are checking in and I'm thrilled to hear from ya. This is why I love this challenge.

      Delete
  9. Heheheheh! You go, girl! I'm doing the challenge bra-less as well - it's the only way to go! Now excuse me while I go to my toenails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only way to go. I seriously thought up twenty different themes, but couldn't stick to a darn one. You know me, I digress even in my comments. My brain isn't wired to rules. The manicure was a necessity after the winter we had here. Nothing says Spring like a fresh manicure. Even if my toes are still buried under thick socks and boots, just knowing they are done, makes me feel better.

      Delete
  10. Yay! Bra-less or not, you're going to rock this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed my enthusiasm and energy don't crap out half-way through. LOL. For now, (Thank GOD) all is well and I am thinking positive thoughts. Added bonus, Faith is taking this challenge with me, and I love that. She will, no doubt, hold me accountable. Check her out for some awesome recipes: Faith's A Foodie, CU, #1598. Woo Woo.

      Delete
  11. My mother met a man online and is getting married and moving to Alaska. My family always rides the crazy train...and every now and then, it derails. So yes, I am on board!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Elizabeth that sounds like the start of a joke. I thought you were going to say, "April Fool's" at the end! Ha. Thanks for jumping on the crazy train with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Themeless is good. You'll surprise us every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I also hope this engine doesn't run out of steam, ha ha. Thanks so much for stopping in Bob! Hope to see you again.

      Delete
  14. Hey there. I am a themeless girl too. We rock! Colour out of the lines and write on!!
    Cheers,
    Christine London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine! A girl after my own heart. And crazy. Love it. Cheers to the themeless for sure.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Sheena! So glad to see you are back for A-Z too. Can't wait to see what you have in store. Hugs!

      Delete
  16. Yay! I'm glad you're doing A to Z! So much more Jaybird!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

      Delete
  17. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete