1. My little Franchesca (a/k/a Frankie) is going to turn 10 on the 23rd. Somehow, I can't wrap my mind around the fact that my baby is going to be a double digit midget, but that's how fast time goes. In order to celebrate this monumental occasion properly, we are throwing her a giant b-day bash. Frankie's only request is that this shin-ding be Penguin Themed. (Which is pretty funny if any of my older followers recall my post about her muddied history with Penguins...LOL) Any suggestions and/or party ideas/games appropriate for a 10 year old would be greatly appreciated!
2. Academic achievement. For my little nerds, academic achievement is top priority. And so far, this year, I am so proud to say, my girls are killing it! Honor roll was achieved by all. The Husband and I are so excited for Farrah and Frankie, who received High Honor Roll. My oldest, Faith, who is enrolled in a highly competitive gifted and talented program, also managed to make Honor Roll. This is quite an accomplishment, considering the amount and level of work that is assigned to her. (The GATE program kids have a minimum of 4-5 hours of homework a night and use 9th grade text books, even though they are only 7th graders) Also, Miss Faith, just won the GATE Spelling Bee. Which is crazy cool, cause those kids had to spell words I've never even heard of. She is competing in the next level Thursday night. Wish her luck!
3. My Brother Chris, published his book. It's finally available for purchase on Amazon. (FYI: It's offered for a much less expensive price on Amazon than on LuLu) It took him twice as long as he wanted it to, but hey, at least he did it. If any of you read it, would you please review it. Let me/him know how or if you liked it. Also, as with many SciFi/Fantasy books, the world in which we find Daniel Manoah (the main character in Convergence) is quite complex and full of controversy. I encourage any of you who might have any questions and/or would like to start an open discussion or debate, feel free to click on my page above entitled "Convergence: Sola Hominidae". The comment section there will be checked often and any and all questions or interest will be directed to and answered (gladly) by the author.
Here's the link. http://www.amazon.com/Convergence-Hominidae-Christopher-Jude-Bird-ebook/dp/B00HMY4PTO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1388704447&sr=1-1&keywords=sola+hominidae
1. I need another Biopsy. Blech. I'm tired of complaining about my health- but here it is. My latest mammography and then a follow-up ultrasound confirmed that I have a suspicious mass in my breast. I need to have it biopsied. I've been in this position before, I'm sure many of you have found yourself in this position too. It's never fun. Any of my followers who are the praying type, if you don't mind, say one for me, K? This road is not one I relish driving down again, but I am ready and willing to go, if that's where the Lord is leading me.
2. Haven't worked on any of my WIPS. Have you been wondering how the heck I can still call myself a writer, even though I haven't published a dang thing yet? Deep in my heart, I still identify with and consider myself a writer. Am I delusional? Maybe. But I'm still holding on to the hope that I will be able to pull out of this slump and create something great one day. Like Bill Murray, in the movie, What About Bob I cling to my mantra, "Baby Steps." Who knows, before you know it, I may even be able to go sailing!