About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Holidays and Book Release


Merry Christmas!
Hey Everyone!! Rest assured I have not forgotten about my blogging friends; you are all in my thoughts and always on my mind. Unfortunately, my health has still not improved. I've really been struggling these past few months. Don't want to whine about it- it is what it is. But I'm definitely praying for a happy, healthy New Year over here at the Bird's Nest, that's for sure!  Wishing you and yours  a wonderful, blessed, joyous and HEALTHY  holiday season. Hope to get back to my regular posting schedule soon. Love and Best Wishes to You All~ Jaybird

OOPS: I almost forgot!! My brother Chris just released his book, Convergence, Sola Hominidae, over on LuLu. Check it out if you are into Sci-fi/Fantasy. Personally, I think he's brilliant and his book is pretty stinking awesome. (I'm not biased or anything) I am certainly thrilled at least one of us Birds got it together and  launched a book this year!! LOL. Below is the cover and a little bit about it. You can give it a preview or purchase it over on LuLu. 



Seeing himself through the recorded memories of his adversaries gives Daniel a unique, nearly omniscient perspective. No tragedy, comedy, or embarrassment is lost to his memory or hidden from sight. Despite being culturally distinct from his neighbors, Daniel does everything in his power to be near them. His self-hating behavior and the inevitable rejection he suffers at the hands of those from whom he seeks approval ends in violence. The events of his life mirror those of a flawed biblical character. However, technology creates the cultural rift in Daniel's world. The tension of his world can be seen even now in the stares of smartphone users as they gaze upon those with inferior devices. When the line between human and device is blurred through electronic and genetic engineering, a mindless, homogenized, socially awkward future is assured; and, nature dictates, the survival of only the fittest.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your brother Chris! I will definitely check it out.
    Have a blessed Christmas, Jaybird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your brother! That's awesome!
    And Happy Holidays, Jaybird! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a link to check it out somewhere in this post? I don't see one, but I'm also kinda blind sometimes.

    I'm not much for sci-fi, but I have a buddy who is, so I can send this his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only I knew how to link...working on that, still can't believe my brother and I are related, seeing he is a brilliant IT guy and I'm, uh, not. If you go on LuLu, and type in Convergence, or Chris Bird, his book will come up. He is also going to have it available on Amazon, I believe, in the very near future. He's just crazy busy with work. Thanks for offering to pass it on. Have a Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. That's fantastic news about your brother's book, though--congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you all the best and for getting better. Merry Christmas and congrats to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congratulations to Christopher! That's AWESOME! Hugs and happy holidays, Jaybird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Christmas was good and that you have a wonderful New Year. I have missed you. I was out of town for the past week and am trying to catch up. Awesome news about your brother. I'll check his book out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your brother! I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. With this passing year,lose the pains and keep the memories.May u always shower a smiling face,in years to come.I wish u a very Happy New Year..Thanks for ur support as a Blogger Friend.GOD<3U:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talent must run in the family! Best of luck to your brother. I pray you get the health you need to get your own book out into the world. Hugs and love...hurry back!

    ReplyDelete