About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hello, remember me?

Hey Guys!! Sorry I've been absent from class. I needed to take a little emergency break. But I'm back. And I sorely missed you all. Thanks so much to everyone who reached out or sent me e-mails and checked up on me! Thank God, I'm on the mend and life is slowly getting back on track in the Bird's Nest.

Please forgive me though, for being away and missing out on a lot of important events and happenings in your lives over the past couple of weeks. As much as I'd love to promise to read every one of your back posts and catch up, I know that's not  possible. It would tax me and I can't do that anymore. It's a lesson I'm continually having to be retaught. How do you stop pushing yourself? Especially when the temptation to do it is always there?

I don't know about you, but it is tremendously hard for me to say no to people! I want to help everybody. I tend to overcommit and plan/pack as many activities as I possibly can in one day. But it's seriously not healthy for me to continue to do this. Knowing to pull back when my body is beginning to feel fatigued and tired, is my biggest downfall. I'm trying to make good choices for my health and not feel guilty about it. What about you?

Do any of you struggle with saying no and/or then feeling guilty for saying it later? It's a hard habit to break, that's for sure. (I think this is especially true of moms.)  Right now, I can't promise to be here three-four times a week like I used to be. I'm getting better, but I simply could not keep up with my old pace, just yet. In the meanwhile, I'd really love it if  you'd leave me a comment about something great/positive/interesting/new that has been going on with you. That would make me so happy!     ~ Jaybird

12 comments:

  1. Hey Jaybird! Sorry it overwhelmed you. Yes, I have a hard time saying no. I also want to help everyone.
    What's been happening? My last book launched three weeks ago and last week we opened up the IWSG website and Facebook last week. Yeah, I've been busy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger ate my comment...trying again. I think you need to let others help you for a change instead of trying to play supermom. I know it's hard to say no, but you have to take care of yourself, too! And don't feel guilty. Do what you can and let the rest float away. What's new for me? We got new master bedroom furniture and the designer is coming tomorrow to pretty it up. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaybird, sorry you have been struggling to keep up. We all feel overwhelmed sometimes (well I know I do!). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jaybird, so sorry to hear you've been unwell. I have had to learn to say "no." Someone once told me "no" is a complete sentence. I love that. They tell you on an airplane if oxygen is required, put it on yourself first because you can't help anyone else if you can't breathe. Sending you virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you asking me to leave a comment? NO!

    heheheheh... just taking your advice, girlfriend. Glad to see you're back on the bloggy saddle! Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Sorry to hear things haven't been well for you on your end. It can be hard to say no sometimes, so I can see how that'd turn into an Achilles' heel for some people. Good luck not getting overwhelmed! Breaks are good to take, so never feel guilty for taking one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mrs. Bird, glad to see you're back and that you're feeling better! I don't have much problem saying "No", but my wife does....she's like you in that the bends over backwards for everyone....sometimes, to her determent.

    Take it easy and don't take on so much. Birds can only fly so high, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a serial over-committer. And the guilt? Ugh. I swear, I can feel the stress wearing out my body whenever I say no to anything.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take care of yourself. We love you, and your candid views!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly I had to share some bad news this morning. But good news I feel better today and plan to move forward despite all setbacks. Glad you're back Jay and while it can be hard to say no it is easy to get overwhelmed so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!! I'm sorry you've been having a hard time. I don't blame you for being gone though, as I've been gone myself. Not because I've been sick, but I've just gotten overwhelmed by work stress and then trying to read all the blogs I've started reading and blog as well just becomes work rather than the pleasure it used to be. Haven't figured out a solution for that, yet, though!

    I definitely have issues with saying no. I, too, want to help everyone and make people happy, but the sad thing is, when it comes at the expense of yourself, it ends up not being a postive thing, you know? I'm working on these things!

    I hope you feel better and I highly support you in taking care of yourself! And just to help you in a tiny way...don't bother going to my site, as there is nothing new there, ha ha :) There will be, but I can't even say when.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that feeling all too well. It's really, really hard for me to say no to anyone. I love helping people, but sometimes I forget to help myself.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete