About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 26, 2013

Stupid Fall Woke Me Up Early

It is so rare for everything in my universe to align just right so I can sleep in. Just off the top of my head, I can think of three things that always prevent me from a solid REM. The Husband's snore. The cat's meow and that stupid buzzing noise emanating from my alarm clock which means I must smash it really hard every ten minutes until it can't make that sound anymore. But this morning, it wasn't any of those things that woke me up. Nope, it was a loud bang. Followed by two more bang, bangs.

I was quite certain the bang was not from a gun. You see, I am very familiar with the various sounds a gun makes. Especially since I live with Dirty Harry, spend an enormous amount of time at the range and almost everybody in my red neck town has a hunting license. Although I did duck under the covers and went very still out of pure instinct, I knew it definitely wasn't gun shot. So what was it?

Maybe a kamikaze bird, flew into my sliding glass doors that lead to the deck off my master bedroom.  But after careful inspection for any errant feathers and/or other various bird debris and finding none, I knew that wasn't it either. I was starting to get really perplexed, when all of a sudden, BANG! BANG! BANG! There it was again. But this time, I was standing out on my deck and had a front row seat for the sky falling.

Acorns. Lots and lots of acorns! Acorns were falling off the ginormous tree in my backyard and  hitting my deck in rapid succession, mimicking the sound of gunshot. But it's still AUGUST for crying out loud! But that didn't stop stupid Fall from waking me up early.

31 comments:

  1. Still better than gunshot. Stupid birds always wake me early. Or some idiot out mowing his lawn at seven in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, but I grew used to the sound of gunshot after the first year I lived in my house and we made it through the first hunting season. I used to just jump every time I heard a bang. Now, not so much. I have become immune. Our land butts up against State Game Lands, so you just get used to hearing it. Sounds crazy- I know but after time you really do just get used to it.

      Delete
  2. Mine is a little boy with floppy curls and green eyes who peeks under my covers. "Chocolate milk, mommy," he says. Every morning. 6 A.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! That's so sweet. Sounds like he loves him some chocolate milk!!

      Delete
  3. Stupid early Fall. At least it wasn't gunshots...or your kids breaking something or ramping and falling off something. Could've been worse but still quite annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally took me by surprise! I'm used to the sound of gunfire (see my comment to Alex above) but hearing all that noise, so close to my room, not so much!

      Delete
  4. My problem, meanwhile, is NOT waking up. I know that fall is almost here because I wake up now when it's pitch black. Not exactly something that urges me to get out of bed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually happy to see the signs of Fall. Like football games and the turning of the leaves, this year, not really into it yet. I feel like we got robbed of our summer. It went by so quickly. Doesn't help that I heard this is going to be a very cold winter. Ugh.

      Delete
  5. Sorry you got awakened, but this made me laugh so thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to give you a laugh! I'm happy to know I could make someone smile today. :)

      Delete
  6. Haha. We have a sliding door to a deck in our master bedroom and when we first moved in, had the same problem. Is it birds? Something ramming into our house? I think we figured out with temperature changes the doors warped and popped sometimes with these loud bang noises. Stupid wood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too!!! The door to my master bedroom swells in the summer and won't shut tight unless you slam it- totally different in the winter time and it always takes me to like the end of November to remember and stop slamming it behind me! LOL

      Delete
  7. Acorns already? That would give me permission to buy a load of candy corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh! Candy corn. Love that cheap sugary stuff. Almost as bad as my penchant for peeps...

      Delete
  8. You know, I noticed a bunch of trees in the neighborhood losing their leaves already. It's crazy. It'll be 95 degrees today and 98 on Wed. It ain't Fall yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is up with that? I am stupefied. Why did Fall come so stinking early? Go away. Come back in a few weeks, thank you!!

      Delete
  9. Reminds me of the bird that used to peck on our Florida Room window....every morning....at 7a.m.! I feel your pain :)

    At least acorns will stop...eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, you just referred to the bird in past tense. Now I'm curious, one bird to another, what happened to it? Did it just "fly" away and never come back? LOL

      Delete
  10. I love the sounds of nature, just not when I'm sleeping. Last spring some birds built a nest outside our bedroom window and woke us up every morning at 3:00 am! I couldn't wait for those birds to leave the nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Those darn birds!! They can be so annoying. He he he. We had an owl that would not stop making a racket. He drove me and The Husband nuts. Not sure what happened, but one day, he just moved on.

      Delete
  11. I live in redneck town too. The upside is, I never fear a zombie apocalypse. This whole state is nothing but sharp shooters.

    I almost got hit on the head my an acorn! I figured a squirrel was jealous of my fluffy tail ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, glad I'm not the only one. The Husband even has zombie targets that he practices on with the girls. Everyone in our family knows, if the shiz ever hits the fan, they need to head straight to The Husband's doomsday bunker. We have enough SPAM and coffee stock piled there to supply our entire family; for at least the next ten years :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, that is early.
    Are you sure you weren't just an innocent bystander in the squirrel equivalent of a snowball-fight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The squirrels that surround the Bird's Nest are cray cray. They are always running and jumping like crazy between our trees and flipping over off our deck- kind of like the squirrel equivalent of free runners!!!

      Delete
  13. Those darn acorns! I often have trouble sleeping, so I can just imagine how annoyed you must've been to have something so random disturb yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather! You're back. YAY!! Hope you had a nice break. And, yes, you and I both know how hard it is to fall asleep and then stay asleep. Stupid stinking acorns!! I wanted to scream.

      Delete
  14. Tell fall to stop falling. Stupid fall! Actually it's my favorite time of year and after living for three years where the change of seasons is so slight you don't even notice, and fall being the height of hurricane season, it isn't too exciting, I'm excited for a good old fashioned fall here in the mountains. BTW, I've noticed that the willows are already changing colors up here too. what's with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Faraway- I've been worried about you with all of the fire and smoke. Hope all is well now in your neck of the woods.

      Ugh. We are bracing for the hurricane season again here. So many people are still trying to recover from Sandy- it's hard to think that the season is once again, upon us. And I don't know what is going on this year- why do we have acorns already? Not sure. Someone told me that in the Farmer's Almanac, this winter was predicted to be very, very cold. That thought doesn't really thrill me, that's for sure!!

      Delete
  15. Many thanks for posting this, It?s simply what I was researching for on bing. I?d rather a lot relatively hear opinions from a person, barely than an organization internet web page, that?s why I like blogs so significantly. Many thanks!
    Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing | SEO STAR SOFTWARE HOUSE

    ReplyDelete
  16. The squirrels will be happy. Are acorns done pelting your house?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crazy! I'd be excited though. I'm so done with summer. Bring on fall!

    ReplyDelete