About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Wolverine Movie Review and Awards

After waiting for this movie to come out for like FOREVER, I finally got to go see The Wolverine on Sunday night. My fervent desire to see it most likely won't come as a shock to you, since I don't keep my uber stalking of Hugh Jackman a secret. Nope, I actually prefer to be all out and proud about it.  Why not own it?  Um. Yeah. About that...

My fan girl enthusiasm for Wolverine may somehow have rubbed off a bit on my kid. 
Check out my little mini-stalker.
How cute is she?

I did my very best to contain my drool myself throughout the movie, for the benefit of all of those who sat next to and/or around me. All and all, I think I did a pretty good job keeping a cap on it.  Well, maybe up until one particular scene where HJ is buck nekkid in a tub. I may have clapped and squealed. Just a little. Come on, I'm only human...   
 
Overall, the movie was great and had most of what I was looking for:  the awesome sauce that is Hugh Jackman. My favorite mutant  has always been and will always be Wolverine. And there was some classic old school Wolverine lines and reactions going on. The duality of the man and beast warring within him has always intrigued me. But even a die-hard fan such as myself has to be honest and admit that I came away just the tiniest bit disappointed with some of the plot. I had anticipated such great things from director James Mangold and the whole Japanese story line; maybe I  set my expectations and the bar way too high. That having been said, I would definitely go see it again. And y'all know when it comes out on DVD this stalky-bird will be the first in line to own it.  *If you haven't seen it yet and plan on it, make sure you stay until the very end of the credits. It's worth it.
 
 
So, wow, over the past week, I have been truly honored to get picked for two pretty cool awards. First, I'd like to thank Suzanne Furness, over at  The Word Is for passing me the Sisterhood Award. Thanks so much Suzanne! I really appreciate you sending this my way. I'd like to pass this award on to every righteous gal pal I have here on the blog-o-sphere. But I'm only supposed to pick 10. Yeah, well, I've never been one who's able to follow rules. So, I choose all my girlies. Because I can. And  I love you all.

 
Next, I have to give a shout out to my buddy Mark, over at Left and Write. He gifted me with the SuperBlogger Award and totally blew my mind. I was like, whaaaa? Me? Jaybird? A/K/A the Queen of Typos and Epic Grammar Failures. Moi? A Super Blogger? Dayamn. At first I laughed.  Then I cried. Because Mark picking me for this award made me so happy. And the fact that no one heckled him for his choice in the comments (Phew) made me extremely happy!  I'm giddy and excited that someone actually gets my warped sense of humor and my all over the place, A.D.D. blog. So big, huge thanks to Mark. I TRULY appreciate you picking me. It means more than you might realize. I will be passing the torch and picking someone to gift this on to in the very near future. 

SO, what about you? Have any of you gone to see The Wolverine yet? What did you think? Any squealing or clapping happen? No. How bout now? 

You're Welcome. 
What qualities do you think help make someone a Super Blogger? And Girlfriends, (when you're done squealing) please don't forget to pick up your Sisterhood Award :)

30 comments:

  1. Even my husband can't wait to see the movie. We both LOVE Hugh Jackman-(even in Les Mis!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the plot was disappointing, HJ is never a disappointment, to me.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on both the awards! Not surprised at all that you went to see the Wolverine movie--it would've been a sign of the apocalypse if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the awards! I'm off to see The Wolverine next week for my son's birthday. The trailers looked good. And yes, Hugh Jackman is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annalisa. I found The Wolverine to be a bit like True Blood, the bad plot can be majorly overlooked with a shirtless HJ all over the screen. LOL!!

      Delete
  4. I saw it and...um...yeah. I really liked the Japan setting and the bullet train scene was amazing. The plot kind of fell apart for me into the ridiculous, but Hugh did an awesome job, of course. And that tub scene was hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to parrot what I said to Annalisa above- honestly found The Wolverine to be like True Blood....bad plot that can only be overlooked by a shirtless, hot as heck Hugh Jackman. Ha! I really had high hopes for this one, not sure what happened there. It really did just fall apart. And after watching Pitch Perfect with the girls about a thousand times, I had a hard time taking that actress as a ninja very serious. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the movie! I love Wolverine, too. :) And congratulations on the awards! They are well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to see it soon. Missed Pacific Rim because it left Jamaica so fast. *Grrr* Big Wolverine fan and glad you enjoyed the film Jay. Thanks for the sis award (got it recently from Liz Seckman) and congrats on your latest awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too bad. I know how you feel because usually by the time I find the time to see a movie it's gone! I wasn't going to let that happen this time. It's helps that it was PG-13, so I could bring the kids.

      Delete
  7. Awww...I don't care what you say, I say you're super!! :D Congrats on your other award, as well...you deserve both and many more, in my book!

    I've said this elsewhere, so don't think I'm just saying it because I think you're super and all, but I was pretty disappointed in the plot of The Wolverine, but though Jackman is/was great in the role. Hugh reminds me of the "Old Hollywood" actors. He can sing, dance, act, and has those dashing, leading man, looks. I think he's perfect for the Wolverine role....just too bad he's not shorter (the comic book version is around 5'3" or 5'4", I think)

    Hope you have a great week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind my friend. I really am grateful that you see something in my blog that's award worthy.

      Man, I'm not sure what happened with The Wolverine. The plot was just so twisted. I was generous above with my review because in my book HJ can do no wrong, but I was really disappointed with the result after waiting so long for this to come out!

      Delete
  8. I was wondering when you were going to get around to a 'Wolverine' post. Haven't seen the movie and probably won't (maybe as a rental). while I agree with you about most things Jackman, I'm just not into this X-Men stuff, it actually kind of creeps me out (sorry). I have also heard that the movie didn't deliver as expected, for that I'm really sorry mainly because I want to see Hugh in more and more good films.

    I do think your mini=stalker is adorable and you are most deserved of those awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Yes, it took me awhile to get around to it, didn't it? I hate to say it, but I kind of procrastinated because the movie disappointed me. Not Hugh though. He never seems to disappoint. Here's hoping his Oscar nomination for Les Mis will open some doors for him in future quality movies... I just heard he landed another role on Broadway- (which he is amazing at and has won multiple Tonys for) this time he will be the lead and playing Houdini- which really intrigues me. It's supposed to be opening sometime this Fall. I will, move heaven and earth to score some tickets to that! LOL

      And thank you, I think my little mini-stalker is just such a cutie pie. But I'm kind of mommy biased. Ha.

      Delete
  9. I can appreciate the naked Wolverine too. :) All man with a lot of grrr! Congrats on your awards. You truly are super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. And yep, I was a little too excited about that naked tub scene. Had to cover the kiddos eyes though, LOL

      Delete
  10. Hugh Jackman ---> Oh la la! I keep on saying I need to go see Wolverine but haven't yet. Perhaps this weekend will have to be the time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot was really kind of a let down. But I can find no fault in HJ. Ever. I am a bit biased there though. I think he throws everything he has, into every role he gets. No matter if it's Wolverine or Jean Valjean, he always gives it his all.

      Delete
  11. I'm eager to see this, and even as a dude I admit that I really like Hugh Jackman... but I regret to say there will be no squealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Husband did not squeal. Actually, he was pretty much silent throughout the whole flick. Afterwards he said to me, "OK, even someone as straight as me can get why you like HJ so much. His abs are absolutely sick. The fact that he has a body like that, and is the exact same age as me, makes me feel like a huge slacker."

      Delete
  12. Great fun! I'm glad you liked the movie. I know I'll be watching it too.

    Huge congrats on your awards! You're one of my favorite bloggers, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too sweet. Thanks so much! I hope you like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see it. Just got back into town, so hopefully this weekend. I won't squeal, but I'm do other manly things like pretend my licorice sticks are my claws and swipe at invisible enemies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay! LOL that's hilarious. I just might have to try that...

      Delete
  15. I have NOT seen it, but after seeing that shot of Hugh Jackson, I think I have to make time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the plot lacks, it makes up for it with the HJ eye candy.

      Delete
  16. Oh my goodness...I was sitting next to my hubs for that bath scene and he totally had to give me the nudge to remind me to shut my open, gawking mouth. Then of course I tried to pretend I didn't notice all that perfect, exposed flesh. Good thing writers lie for a living ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My poor husband puts up with A LOT. Deep down he realizes he's my favorite superhero-but I really do push him to the limit with all my stalkerish ways! If things were reversed, I would NOT take it as well as he does, I'm sure.

      Delete