About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Heroes & Villains Blog Hop

 

Heroes & Villains. Our world is full of them. I don't think anyone will be surprised by my choice of  favorite superhero- I make no effort to hide my obsession fondness for Wolverine. So today, I thought I'd focus on my favorite real life superhero: The Husband.

Now, those of you who aren't regular followers of Jaybird's blog, please don't run away thinking I'm the sappy, lovey-dovey Kathy Lee type of wife who has blinders on and gushes incessantly over her husband. Nope, if I am posting here about The Husband it's usually because he's monumentally pissed me off and I am outing him for pulling some sort of dick move. As much as I rag on him, the truth of the matter is, my husband is my favorite superhero!

I admire my husband for a lot of reasons, but one of them is his strength. Not just the physical strength he possesses, (which, incidentally, is freakish and kind of non-human) but his overall inner strength. My husband will stand up for what he thinks is right, no matter who or what stands against him. In his kind of  political, ass-kissing job, where the one who sucks up to the brass gets ahead, it is much easier to agree with the masses, just go with the flow and never take a stand. The Husband, is absolutely incapable of doing this. It is not part of his DNA to bend the truth. He is unwilling and comically unable to tell the itching ears what they want to hear or slick the right palm. On numerous occasions, he has stood up to his superiors choosing to tell them what he really thinks, especially if he thinks it will directly impact a fellow officer's safety. Consequently, The Husband will NEVER receive a  promotion or a coveted position in his department. But that doesn't phase him in the least, he says, "At least I can sleep at night."   That, my friends, is what makes him a real-life superhero.  And what makes me very proud to be his wife.

Below is a clip of Clint Eastwood in the movie Heartbreak Ridge. It is a remarkably accurate example of exactly what my husband is like. He is a real life Gunny Highway-who never holds back what he really thinks. Now, I'm off to see who you all picked as your favorite heroes and villains!


29 comments:

  1. My guy obsesses Clint Eastwood. :)
    ~Summer
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAHHHH what a sweet testimony to your husband! I admire people like him who refuse to be pack followers, but instead stand up for their own beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you seen the trailer for the new Wolverine movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your husband is a -real- hero...salutes all around!

    And, somehow, I knew you'd find a way to showcase Wolverine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw...I love that you spotlighted your husband. He sounds like the best hero ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful thing! He'll be happy to know he's your hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that you chose your husband as your hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I'm my wife's superhero. My special powers are the ability to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww. That's adorable! Gave me the warm and fuzzies all over. Hoe great that the best superhero of all time is right in your own home, sharing your life with you. Can't get luckier than that!

    And I agree, Wolverine IS the shiz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, now you've put the rest of us wives to shame. That was soooo sweet! He does his job well! You picked two great heroes to admire!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Virtual hug for your husband* Now that's a real hero. Damn Jay you got a lump in my throat at the library. What a strong yet beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your husband sounds like a great character. I liked Gunny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great clip! I, too, say what's on my mind, which gets me in to trouble sometimes... lol.

    Thanks for participating in the blogfest! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen that movie in forever. I'm sure it's great to have such a hero in your midsts everyday! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  15. It can be rare for people to speak their minds anymore, so no wonder you view your husband as heroic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds as if you are absolutely right about your husband being a hero; that kind of inner strength is incredibly hard to find.
    Tasha's Thinkings

    ReplyDelete
  17. From the way you describe him, sounds like your husband is a true kind of hero, one who puts belief and conviction ahead of pleasing people, which takes real courage. Nice to hear about him.

    Sophie's Thoughts And Fumbles

    P.S. cool choice of Wolverine as your fictional hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw...didn't even think of nominating my husband, the man who rescues me from spiders and all sorts... But Wolverine can easily come in a close second :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so sweet that you chose your husband and that he's such a real-life hero. I'm glad for his integrity-esp. in the military.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's awesome! A man of integrity is a great man! I wish I had nominated my hubby too, but I think he knows he's my real life hero.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ilove your 'take' on things, especially your family. It's best to have to 'real life heroes' and of course you husband should be at the top of the list. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great post! I liked it very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would nominate my cat. I mean, really :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, that is awesome. He's blessed to have you believe in him. Behind every great man is a greater woman, right?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh he sounds like an amazing person! I can totally see why he's your hero.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your husband sounds like a good man. I haven't been faced with it much, but I can't ass-kiss or play nice either. My poker face is terrible. If I don't like someone, you'll know it, and I won't even try to hide it. We all should be more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It sounds like we're married to the same man. I was about a year into my first book when I realized my MC was my husband. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm with you on Wolverine. Great tribute to your husband and NOT Kathy Lee Giffordish at all!

    ReplyDelete