About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

A-Z Challenge Y is for Yeah Boy

Who could resist a grill like that? It's letter Y in this A-Z Challenge, which means we are one and done after today.  Can I get an Amen? Or how about a  little Flava Flav's  "YEAH Boy"?!  For some reason, hearing him say that always makes me smile. Instead of whining about all the crap that went wrong on this cold, wet, windy Monday morning, I decided to focus on what makes me smile.

I'm so excited that after Hurricane Sandy tore up my back yard, work is finally getting under way on putting it back together. The older girls begged incessantly asked The Husband to build them a tree house, the younger just wants a new fairy garden. All I want is to look out my back window and not want to cry... Basically, anything is better than what we have now, which is dirt, dirt, trees, debris, more dirt. I'll keep you posted on the progress. What really made me smile was when The Husband went off to Home Depot yesterday, the girls asked to tag along. Which is odd. They know full well that going to the Home Depot with Dad, is like going to the book store with Jaybird. That's his happy place and he will go in with every intention of buying one thing and being quick, but will wind up being in there for hours and spending a fortune. Hmm, something was fishy. (Cue narrator from Spongebob's voice here) FOUR HOURS LATER they came home. And my hunch was right. The girls only wanted to go to the store because they had a specific agenda in mind. They wouldn't leave until The Husband took them to the paint, lighting and carpet departments so they could look over all the samples and torture him pick out their favorites for the new tree house.  :)

Another little lift- I found a box full of pictures I didn't realize I  had. In it I found this picture of my little brother and laughed my butt off.

Ah, the Star Wars curtains, Return of the Jedi t-shirt, holding a Transformer. Shogun Warrior!!
This is classic, straight up old school Chris. 


Here's another thing that makes  me ridiculously happy. While trolling the web I found these:
 
Wolverine feety pajamas. They WILL be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine. 
(As long as they come in XXL.)
 
 
  
What small thing can make you shout YEAH BOY or made you smile today?  Did you have a good weekend? Anyone do anything fun? Happy Monday and Letter Y day everyone!
 
 



39 comments:

  1. So, have you already ordered those pajamas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! Maybe I can justify ordering them for Mother's Day? LOL

      Delete
  2. I want those pajamas as well, although i'm 6'4 220 pounds, wonder if they have them in my size, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how big they come! I'm a little worried the pjs won't be able to zip up over my giant breasticles. That's the problem I have with most Wolverine t-shirts, they are generally made for men, not women. Superherostuff.com has a ton of other cool stuff though, check it out.

      Delete
  3. Fun fact: I was Flavor Flav for Halloween a few years ago. Just bought a viking helmet, a cane, and a big clock to wear around my neck. Easiest costume ever, and people came up to take pictures with me all night. Yeeeeaaaah booooooy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish you had a picture of that to post! That would be an awesome sight to see. And what a great costume idea. I might have to bogart it in the future.

      Delete
  4. Your girls are hysterical. They wanted to go to Home Depot to decorate! I never had a treehouse, but always desperately wanted one! I can't wait to see theirs :)

    Chris could have been my brother, with the star wars curtains and shirt. So cute!

    Love the pajamas...be sure to post your picture in them once you get them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they come in giant size. Not sure yet if they do. I really want them though. I would rock them every night, since I'm always cold I love the heat feety pajamas generate.

      Yeah, the girls roped The Husband into building them a tree house. But he should know nothing with them is half-way. They want it to have running water, lights, carpet and painted walls. You should see the plans they drew up for him. They each submitted their best ideas/own plans like little architects, and then they voted on one design. They are too much!~

      Delete
  5. Ha! I know you'll be ordering those p.j.s a.s.a.p! :) And, that's not a Transformer your brother has...that's a Shogun Warrior! I loved those, when I was young, but never got one. "Too expensive" my parents would say...which meant it probably cost over $30.00

    Yeah, boyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! A Shogun Warrior? Wow. I just assumed it was a Transformer cause he had a ton of them. I'll have to ask where he got it from. Knowing him, he probably saved up and paid for it himself. That kid always seemed to have money, when all the rest of us kids were flat out broke. Ironically, things haven't changed much, lol..

      Delete
  6. So, has your brother come by yet? Yeah Boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! And I continue to have computer problems. But he did call and thinks he knows what the problem is. Nothing easy to fix of course. In the meanwhile, I'm almost done with this A-Z challenge. Thanks for hanging tough with me. You will have your CP back and her undivided attention when this is done! I promise.

      Delete
  7. I can say Yeah, boy to Flav---Yeah, boy what an idiot. LOL Check with me on June 7 when I will be shouting, 'Yeah, boy' because it's the last day of school! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, school being done, is good to shout about. I always do a jig when the girls get out of school. Summer is our time!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Definitely! The 80s were quite a fun time. I feel very nostalgic for them lately, with all the hate that's out there now.

      Delete
  9. I knew you'd figure out a way to sleep with Wolverine, lol. So excited for the girls and their forthcoming treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! Oh my gosh that's hilarious. Why didn't I think of that? Love it.

      And yeah, after the storm ruined the yard, the girls made The Husband promise them a treehouse. But he had no idea the kind of treehouse they had in mind. They are thinking a luxury penthouse up in a tree. He was thinking a couple of boards thrown up in a tree. Of course, I expected nothing less from them. They are, of course, half me. LOL

      Delete
  10. That's funny! Reminds me of going to the store with my Dad. I used to tag along with him to hardware stores because I could usually talk him into buying me a treat of some kind.

    And I really want those Star Wars curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what ever happened to those curtains! He had them for quite a while.

      Whenever The Husband goes food shopping, the girls trick him into buying shit I would NEVER let them get when I'm with them. They have him twisted around their little fingers.

      Delete
  11. The treehouse is gonna have lighting and carpeting? Wow. They've come a log way since the treehouses in my day where you were lucky not to get tetanus from rusty nails sticking out everywhere. Go Dad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls are taking huge advantage of The Husband. They keep adding things on, like running water and lighting. He had no idea what he was getting into with them. They even drew up and proposed plans, like little architects! I couldn't believe it.

      Delete
  12. My kids had a tree house. It didn't have carpet but did have a nice pulley setup to deliver food. It wasn't always necessary as it was in a large walnut tree. I did not like hardware stores until I was much older.

    http://completelycalifornia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are asking for a zip line to get down. I am getting more and more nervous as these plans keep mutating into something more! Crazy kids.

      Delete
  13. Those look like very nice pajamas! This is a very neat post.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you know what my Yeah Boy is... my new Jeep! I wish my dad built me a treehouse when I was smaller. Good luck on the back yard fixes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- good for you and congrats on the new Jeep.

      I never had a treehouse either! I always wanted one though. If this one has lights, carpet and running water, I might just go live in it, LOL.

      Delete
  15. Pyjamas no, black hoodie version? Hell yes! My Yeah Boy will be when I complete my newest chapter of fan fiction and get the comments. Got to feed my readers all over the writosphere. Yeah, I made that word up. *Strikes a pose with my arms crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl and strike that pose! Good luck writing the fan fiction- can't wait to read it. :)

      Delete
  16. You know I'm an 80s freak.

    And in that pic of your brother, that is no Transformers, my dear. That is a SHOGUN WARRIOR robot toy. I think in perfect condition, they can go for several hundred bucks on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep- you and Mark called it. It is a Shogun Warrior. And here I just assumed it was a Transformer. I was wrong. I wonder if he still has it. If he does, I might just have to put that up on E-Bay for him. :)

      Delete
  17. You know we're going to expect treehouse pictures as soon as it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You will love those pj's this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw that's awesome! I never had a tree house so I'm super jealous. Glad you're recovering after the hurricane!

    Oh Flava Flave. Will he ever find true love?

    My yeah boy moment was seeing my grades for the semester. 3 A's and 2 B's.

    YEAH BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, a happy post! Fun! The blogosphere is always in need of more of those, I think. :)

    And wow, Wolverine footy pajamas actually exist?! You really can find anything on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice photo. With my brother, it was Kiss and Farrah. Good luck on the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fav a Flav is ridiculously wonderful and I'm glad he's laughing all the way to the bank!

    My husband and I built our boys a club house. It holds a lot of great memories. It's sitting idle now, but one day (long time away) it will offer fun to grand kids.

    Man, if I got those jammies, my hubs would be more turned on than if I got a teddie.

    ReplyDelete