About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A-Z Challenge V is for Vampire v. Werewolves

LETTER V! Only four more to go in this A-Z Challenge. Hollar!

Recently my daughter Frankie asked me and The Husband who we thought we were more like, a vampire or a werewolf? I guess it's an odd question coming from a nine year old, but considering I write paranormal/urban fantasy books, my kids have been surrounded by this stuff since birth. So, there we all sat, seriously discussing the answer to her question.

At the end of our debate, we came to the conclusion  a much more accurate answer could be given if one did not choose for themselves, but the rest of the family chose for them. It is hard to see oneself objectively. (*Coughs* The Husband)

It was unanimous, Jaybird would be a blood sucking VAMPIRE. Naturally, it was then decided The Husband would be a  WEREWOLF. Those two don't generally tend to play nice together, do they? How telling. We also came to the conclusion in my brood, there would be two wolf pups and one mini-me vampire. Hearing their logical, sound reasoning behind such choices was simultaneously hurtful, humbling and hilarious.

Here are just a few of the reasons discussed:
The Husband would be a Werewolf  because....(Oh, it was decided there is no way he could possibly be an omega or a beta, he'd fight his way to Alpha, for sure)
(1) He does not take instruction well. He always has to be the leader.
(2) He is always hot, even in the snow.
(3) He is extremely hairy.
(4) He is territorial and confronts anyone who gets in his space.
(5) He would, without hesitation, annihilate anyone who threatened his mate or pups.
(6) He is hot-headed, defensive, fights first, thinks about it second.
(7) He is more at home in the woods, than in a castle.
(8) He is a skilled hunter.
(9) He is loyal to a fault.
(10) He is always hungry and devours his food "in minutes just like a beast" and doesn't consider a meal to be a meal, unless there is red meat involved.
(11) If you feed him, he won't go away.

Jaybird would have to be a Vampire because...

(1) I am always freezing, even in August.
(2) I have crazy mind powers and always seem to know what people are thinking...
(3) I look exactly like I did in high school. Nothings different. Not even my hair. (I vehemently disagreed with this, but the fam insisted it's true)
(4) It takes me a long time to get angry, when I finally do, I snap.
(5) I tend to brood.
(6) I can hear things that are whispered in another room that aren't really meant for me to hear.
(7) I LOVE to hang out in old spooky Victorian houses and castles.
(8) People must work very hard to earn my trust but once I trust you, there is nothing or no one that could change my mind about you.
(9)I can go days without eating, staying fueled by nothing but coffee.
(10) I never sleep.

Those lovely answers provided by our girls gave The Husband and I some insight into our personalities we may not have thought about ourselves before. So, are you brave enough to ask someone close to you, which would you be, VAMPIRE OR WEREWOLF?

36 comments:

  1. From that list, I'd be a mutant offspring of both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought I had the traits of both too, but not according to the people I live with. LOL

      Delete
  2. Haha....well, at least you don't sparkle! :)

    I'd be a werewolf because of the 'hairy' thing...and I'm also a night owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No I don't sparkle. The girls were quite insistant about me being a vampire, even though I protested that I love the sunlight...

      Delete
  3. *LOL* Though I'd love to say I was a vampire, I'm more of a werewolf, but a calm one. Eerie calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could channel your calm. I need a little more of that in my life!! It always eludes me.

      Delete
  4. No idea where I would fit in and as hubby knows absolutely nothing about any of it, I can't ask his opinion. Actually a lot of your Vampire characteristics sound just like ones attributed to most mothers.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right Jo! I only developed the mind powers and super hearing once I had more kids than hands, lol!!

      Delete
  5. I would be vampire and my husband werewolf which may explain our sometimes breakdown in communication. Also, he likes to howl at the moon which annoys the daylights out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Ann! I love your explanation about your husband. My husband and I are perpetually opposite, which makes communication tricky for sure.

      Delete
  6. Somehow I knew hairy would make it onto the list, haha. These are important discussions to have as a family. I like it. :) I think I'd be a werewolf, and my transformations would take place about every 28 days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad they didn't vote that I was so hairy I had to be a werewolf!!

      And LOL about your transformation! That's hilarious.

      Delete
  7. Hairy is a major werewolf qualification. I think my husband fits into that category very nicely. I hate to think I'm vampirish, but cold is my middle name. I can't even look at ice in a tray without bundling up.

    I'm trying to meet new AtoZ people each day. I'll never make all that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Yes it is impossible to get to every one on that list! I've tried to do at least five new blogs a day and I'm no where close. But I'm always happy to see a new face pop up on my blog! I'm so glad you chose to stop by.

      I don't know why I am always so cold! My friends think it's hysterical that I bring my thermos of hot coffee to the beach with me, even in 100 degree weather, yet I never overheat.

      Delete
  8. Ha! I wonder how many people picked vampires for V Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah- I thought it was a given, V must be for vampire. I couldn't think of any other v words!!

      Delete
  9. Yeah, from that list I would also be both. But, according to Vampire Diaries, that's actually possible. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought I was more like a werewolf, but according to my family's logic, there is no way! A hybrid of the two is a much better way to be, for sure.

      Delete
  10. I pick vampire but only because the werewolf change freaks me out. Great post today Jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheena! And yeah, that change can be brutal!

      Delete
  11. I think I'm more of a vampire. I can be cold and calculating when I need to be. >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not you Nick!! You seem too kind and sweet for me to believe that. But I guess everyone can channel a little inner vamp from time to time...

      Delete
  12. I was told #11 was true for all of us guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I believe that is some what true of most men. But my husband, in particular.

      When we first started dating and he walked into my Italian mother's house where the food is over-flowing, he told me it was love at first sight. Not with me, of course, but with the food! Cannolis, zeppoli, lasagna, chicken parm and meatballs- everywhere he looked. He thought he died and went to heaven. It was a done deal after that Jeff!

      Delete
  13. From that list, I am also a vamp married to a werewolf. We'f have to be our own pack because my bossy man is an alpha too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty funny when the kids said, "No way Daddy would be a beta. He'd fight his way to the top!" He didn't even try to deny it! He just laughed because he knows it's true. He is so bossy! The only one who gets away with pushing him around is little ole me, lol.

      Delete
  14. hmmmm.... I don't think I am either...I love to read about both though!! Or watch movies or tv shoes or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Good for you. Stay out of this crazy debate. And I love to read about both too!!

      Delete
  15. What a fun family game :) I love the descriptions of your husband. I already knew it, but he's an alpha alright.

    I would definitely be a vampire along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are nuts! Who sits around the dinner table and discusses shit like this, so seriously? Only us. We are cray cray. It was certainly interesting to hear what the kids really think of me. I'm just glad the kids didn't say I was so hairy I had to be a werewolf, like they did to The Husband, lol. I am ok with being a vampire. I've always thought it would be cool to be able to fly. Some of them can do that, right? That would be pretty rad.

      Delete
  16. I'm a vampire werewolf frankenstien ninja robot astronaut with a PhD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Love how your family has conversations as awesomely random as this. I'm pretty certain I'd be a vampire just like you. I'm incredibly pale, sleep easier during the day, avoid the sun like the plague, and will even wear sunglasses indoors because the light hurts my eyes so much. Also, a lot of people still mistake me for thirteen, even though I'm almost 24, so I guess that means I got turned at a young age. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! I love your list Heather. We could vamp it up together!!

      Delete
  18. Most days it's better not to ask your children what they think of you, especially if they're grown ups and you're not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA- they always "keep it real" that's for sure!

      Delete