About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A-Z Challenge U is for Unforgettable Dynamic Duos

Today's post falls on the letter U in the A-Z Challenge.  I'm going to highlight Unforgettable dynamic duos. Who could forget the Lone Ranger and Tonto? What about Laverne & Shirley? And of course, who could forget the most famous dynamic duo of them all, Batman & Robin? Who are your unforgettable blogging, cartoon or relationship unions?

My favorite unforgettable union in the blogging world are Brandon and Bryan from A Beer For The Shower. If you are not opposed to politically incorrect humor and don't follow them yet, go check out  the Beer Boys and their blog, right now!

These two write an absolutely hysterical blog, but it's the outrageous cartoons they produce to accompany their material that adds the icing on the cake and keeps me coming back for more! ABFTS is always the hilarious highlight of my blog-reading day. Together Brandon and Bryan make such a talented, unforgettable dynamic duo. But unlike the union of Batman and Robin, it's super hard to determine who's the top and who's the bottom in this relationship (he he he). Seriously, both the Beer Boys are  amazing at what they do and stand on equally talented ground!
Jaybird, my daughter Frankie and Robin.  When my little Frankie,  bless her heart, saw everyone crowding around Batman, and no one wanting anything to do with Robin, she felt so sorry for him. She insisted we go over and talk to him, because as she put it,  "Poor Robin mom. Even Robin doesn't want to be Robin!"

I'm so excited to announce, my favorite blogging dynamic duo, just released a new novella, called "Lost and Found"  It's a psychological horror story which Byran and Brandon describe as "unlike anything we've ever written before." Here's the cover and the description below:


They actually made this cover themselves. Pretty sweet, right?
 
Lost and Found is available now on Amazon, which you can get >>HERE<<

Alan Densmore is a failing novelist whose downward-spiraling career is driving a stake through the heart of his marriage. In an effort to repair the crumbling relationship with his wife, Lisa, he brings her to the Blue Skies Inn, a bed-and-breakfast nestled away in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. But, instead of bringing the couple closer together, the weekend getaway only delivers unexplainable terror.

Haunting memories are traded for haunting spirits as the story unfolds in this dark novella, which is told in two parts, from two separate decades.
The second half of the tale marks the arrival of a mildly famous paranormal investigator, who finds himself completely unprepared for the terrifying events that begin to unfold at the Blue Skies Inn.


Please go check out their novella and/or their blog! Then come back and tell me who's your favorite unforgettable dynamic duo- :)




40 comments:

  1. Brandon and Bryan are awesome. Politically correct - you nailed that! But funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, they are not for the faint of heart. But that's what I like about them. They are not afraid to say what they think.

      Delete
  2. Go job. Hit the Beer Boys at my blog today too. Aside from their politically incorrect humor and great toons their books are really good. Can't wait to start this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES they are both very talented. I loved Slim Dyson. Great story!

      Delete
  3. Your Frankie is funny! I really love her!
    I need to check Brandon and Bryan out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her teacher is always telling me I have such a little love bug! She loves Frankie's big heart too. It's hard not to.

      Dani- you should check out B&B you would get the biggest kick out of their humor. And you're not shy around a little cussing from time to time. LOL

      Delete
  4. Dynamic Duos ... I haven't even tried to do one of those yet, unless you count two siblings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siblings count!! My brother and I used to think we were the Wonder Twins. LOL "Wonder Twin powers activate!" was our big line, while punching our fists together. Do you remember them?

      Delete
  5. I'm going to check out their blog. I need a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jay- oh they are really funny. They will make you laugh, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. Calvin and Hobbes are my favorite dynamic duo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calvin and Hobbes are great! They are an awesome duo.

      Delete
  7. Oh, and that's an awesome pic with Robin - your daughter is sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyrean. She is a really good kid and has a kind heart.

      Delete
  8. I just went over there to check out their blog. Probably wasn't a good idea to do it while students were taking MAP tests...LOL Seriously, FUNNY! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome EN! But yeah, not the best idea for you to check out their site while students were testing. I laugh so loud at their cartoons, it would get very disruptive!

      Delete
  9. I'll have to go and check those guys out. Great blog recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'm glad you will go check them out. I'm betting you like their brand of humor.

      Delete
  10. I got my copy yesterday; love their blog too! I am totally a fan of people who have the gumption to say what they think...because I am such a wuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely tell it like it is. And them some! Glad you got your copy. :)

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to check out their blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so happy to send them the traffic. They are great guys and deserve the recognition!

      Delete
  12. I love your daughter! She's an observant one! I used to love the old cheesy Batman and Robin shows growing up where the cartoonish words like Pow! Bam! Boom! would pop up whenever there was a good fight scene. So hokey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim- she's a sweet kid. And I loved the old Batman (Adam West) too! I wanted to be Catwoman, bad. LOL

      Delete
  13. Hey, nothing wrong with Robin...he's a pretty cool character! :) Your daughter sounds like a sweet girl with a kind heart...clearly she takes after dad (hehe j/k):D

    I've not heard of Brandon and Bryan, but I'll have to check them out...especially if they're "Jaybird Approved" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Clearly she takes after him.

      And yeah, poor Robin. NO ONE was talking to him, meanwhile, Batman had a line a mile long to get anywhere near him. SO sad. I felt bad for him too.

      YAY! GO check out the Beer Boys, they are definitely Jaybird approved. They are hilarious!

      Delete
  14. I'll check out their blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Hi Sheena- yes, please do. They are very funny.

      Delete
  16. Your daughter has a very big heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mel- yes, she does. I was so happy she wanted to help Robin out. It was so sweet.

      Delete
  17. So is Robin kneeling or is he just 4'10?

    Thank you so much for this post. We both love it, even if our collaboration is compared to the homoerotic tendencies of Batman and Robin. Which, really, is not the first, nor will it be the last. We just think it's funny.

    Oh, and since you asked, I am the top. I am definitely the top.

    Sincerely,
    The Top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! Robin is kneeling. Something he's used to. HA.
      And I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself, be glad it was Batman and Robin, because I almost compared you to Bert and Ernie, but then you would both have to be a bottom. And that wouldn't have worked, at all. LOL!!

      Seriously, love you both. Thanks for being such good sports. Hope you get lots of traffic from my site today. :)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. YAY- I love you for naming a Star Wars Duo!! You can't go wrong with those two in my eyes.

      Delete
  19. Congrats to the dynamic duo! And your daughter is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine- thanks so much. She really does have a giant heart. Love that kid.

      Delete
  20. The original Robin did become Batman for a little while in the comics when Bruce went missing. Even Robin doesn't want to be Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, he doesn't, does he? But I have to say, I really do love Robin in the Teen Titans cartoon. He's on his own and makes his own way. It's pretty sweet; his time to shine.

      Delete