About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

A-Z Challenge, A is for ANARCHY

Blogging A-Z. What in the holy H was I thinking?   I'm an insecure writer and the revisions on my WIP aren't even close to being done.  Almost all of my "free" time is taken up by my over-the-top Alpha Male husband, taking care of my three little girls (only a year apart) our two cats, a lizard and a house that is so messy right now it could easily be featured on the show "Hoarders".  But in typical Jaybird style, I bucked against any and all solid advice. I was told repeatedly to pick and stick to a clever A-Z theme. I am a little hard of hearing. And a lot stubborn. Therefore, A is for Anarchy peeps!

Anarchy is what you can expect if you follow the Bird's Nest on this A-Z Challenge. Who needs structure? Who needs a clever theme? Screw it. I'm a rebel. Always have been, always will be. I'm stepping deep into this wearing my thigh-high, shiz-kicking, black Doc Martens bitches and I'm going to wing it! 

I know what your thinking. But against your better judgement, you'll  be back. You will find yourself popping into my psycho site more than any of the others with their bright, shiny pictures and brilliant themes. Why? Because you never know what you're going to get here!  (Well, besides bad grammar, typos, posts about nothing that ramble on and on, a few random cusses thrown in every now and then to shake up and distract the reader from realizing the post they are reading is all over the place and makes absolutely no sense.)  Some days, you might click on this link and get lucky! You may find a well thought out and poignant post all about writing. Not bloody likely. Other days, well, you might score a righteous recipe or find out something you didn't know or want to know about Hugh Jackman and the awesome sauce that is Wolverine. Before this A-Z Challenge is said and done, you may even you will definitely know TMI get to know more about Jaybird and/or some of her hilarious family members and friends.

Yep. Like a train wreck, you know it's disgusting and awful, but you just won't be able to help  coming back to take a peak at all the carnage. That's how you will find yourself right back here, checking in on all the A-Z ANARCHY.  You'll start wondering and asking yourself -did that crazy Italian chick from the Jersey Shore finally pull it together or is she still a hot flipping mess, stuck on her back, flailing her little arms about uselessly like an enormous, over-turned turtle? And just like that, you'll simply have to know. That's when you'll find yourself where you swore you'd never be. Right. Back. Here. I can feel it. Right next to the road rash on my back.

A is for ANARCHY people. I'm Jaybird. Welcome to the Bird's Nest. And a whole new brand of crazy. Come, follow me. But don't say I didn't try and warn ya.


PS: Just wanted to give a little shout out to a very righteous Bird of another feather: ARLEE BIRD. Thanks for creating all of this A-Z chaos Arlee!

P.S.S.: I want to wish a Happy B-day to my favorite boots: Doc Martens. The first Dr. Marten original 1460 boot was born today, April 1, 1960.

40 comments:

  1. Your posts are going to be a lot of fun! Bring on the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex-I'm a total spaz. Praying I can hold it together and make through to the end :)

      Delete
  2. Had no idea you were signed up for the A - Z insanity. This should be good. Have a great time. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM insane. That is the only explanation for me signing up for this craziness! Here's hoping I can finish what I start.

      Delete
  3. You are brave!! I'll be back for more anarchy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Thanks for braving all the crazy- and I'm glad I didn't scare you away.

      Delete
  4. I'm all for anarchy! In fact, I'm going against the A-Z social norm by not posting every single day. And not following the alphabet. I guess I'm just not doing the challenge. That counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It counts. But dude- I seriously wish you did sign up. Cause, I would have loved to see what someone as creative and talented as you could come up with for this challenge. It would, no doubt, be brilliant and guaranteed to keep me laughing all month long!

      Delete
  5. Haha, yeah, bring on the Anarchy and keep doing it 'jaybird style'!! :)

    Can't wait to see what you have for us, this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why, planning just isn't a strong suit of mine!

      Delete
  6. I am a bit (or a much) of anarchist too. Yeah, I'm in for the ride! One day you may tell us about the lizard too -distant cousin of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lizard will definitely be discussed at some point over the next month. Just don't ask me when. Cause I wouldn't exactly be able to tell ya, lol.

      Delete
  7. I think you should re-name this post A is for awesome, because that's what this post was, that's what your blog is and that's what you are. AWESOME!

    I love you Jen, I love you posts, and how you describe yourself; not taking life too seriously. There should be more people in the world like you, and I'm honoured to have met you. Can't wait for the rest of your A-Z! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Clare- You are the most amazing friend! Thank you so much for embracing the crazy (right from the start) and throwing your support and loyalties behind this wing nut. The honor is all mine my friend- and I just love you to pieces!!

      And no matter how old I get, I don't think I could ever be a person who is all stuffy or who takes themselves too seriously. I am way too much of a nutter to even try! LOL

      Delete
  8. Way to wing it. I'm up for adventure and not knowing what I'm getting. It will balance me writing my dang planned theme and attempting structure as never before. Real life is crazy, revisions, not enough time, too many kids (hehe, joking here), and a whole lot of nonsense. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robin! Having kids threw a wrench into all of my most careful, well thought out plans. Geez, from the minute I found out I was pregnant, I had to learn to wing it, lol. I really did plan on spacing our kids out, instead of having three in three years. But that didn't happen either, bahahaha. You know what they say, we make plans, God laughs. Not to sound self-important, but I think He likes to laugh the hardest at me. LOL

      Delete
  9. standards are dull, mavericks are king

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Anarchy! Having kids prepares us for any sort of anarchy - doesn't it?! Haha! You'll have fun!

    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dani-girl- you said it. Kids definitely bring on the anarchy! But it's the good kind. Glad to see you are one of the warrior-minions. Good looking out!!

      Delete
  11. Twenty-six days of Jaybird is going to be awesome! I'm so glad you're participating and can't wait for the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it sure is good to know somebody is excited to read 26 days worth of my whining, oops I mean writing... lol. Whatever I come up with, I can guarantee at least this much it will be chaotic for sure. And I'm very glad you decided to participate too :)

      Delete
  12. OK. I can deal with Anarchy, I think. haha. Great post. And, fyi! I bought my first and only pair of Doc Marten's in the shop in Covent Garden, London in 2002. They are green and I still love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love my Docs. They just get better with age don't they? And green ones? I might have to grab me a pair of those, I don't have any green ones, yet....

      Thanks so much for stopping in and commenting Sydney. Hopefully the anarchy won't scare /keep you away...I'd love to see you come on back and visit again!

      Delete
  13. I'm already a little bit gripped and awaiting what's next! The A-Z of Anarchy is working on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW. Thank you so much Issy! I wasn't sure if anyone would comment after that grand intro...lol. But I sure am glad you did. And thank you for the follow! If nothing else, I will be doing my very best to keep things interesting over the next few weeks, LOL

      Welcome to the Bird's Nest!

      Delete
  14. I LOVES me some anarchy and you bring it, girly-girl!!! (I don't plan anything either... where's the panic in that???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cath- Ah. Who could have predicted you and I would be in the same boat in this A-Z craziness? LOL. I don't know about you, but I know myself well enough to realize that even if I were to plan anything, I would just buck against it, like I do with my regular writing. I'm a true pantser, through and through. Although sometimes, being a pantser, leaves you with nothing but an atomic wedgie, bahaha.

      Delete
  15. Sometimes Anarchy is the best thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Welcome to The Bird's Nest. Hopefully, I'll be able to do my best to keep up the anarchy over the next few weeks. April is going to be a crazy month for sure!

      Thanks so much for the follow!!

      Delete
  16. I'll definitely be joining you for more anarchy! :) Great first post. I still have my Docs from university. Yes, 20 year old Docs and they're still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine-Docs are the best and they only get better with age. The more you wear them the more comfortable they become!

      Delete
  17. Now this is my kind of A-Z.
    I especially look forward to when you deviate from the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ash! I'm certain I will deviate from all the norms, as usual. :)

      Delete
  18. I love it! It's going to be a whole lot of fun in your little corner of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a whole lot of crazy. LOL Thanks Kianwi!

      Delete
  19. I'm winging it, too. I was honestly going to plan and prepare, but yeah...that SO didn't happen! I love your idea of anarchy. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly- Thanks so much! I appreciate the support. I know if I planned everything, I would buck against it. Just like planning what I want to wear. I have to see how I feel that day, before I can choose an outfit. Know what I mean?

      Welcome to the Bird's Nest! I am really glad you came.

      Delete
  20. Non-themes are just as much fun as actual themes, if not more-so! Looking forward to more A-to-Z posts from you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather- thanks so much. We'll see. I might be in a world of trouble a couple of letters down the line, lol.

      Delete