Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and this Blogfest, over the past couple of weeks I've been enjoying a serious movie watching binge. Make sure to jump over to his blog and check out the entire list of participants in this fun blogfest. Thanks for hosting Alex!
So, I love nothing more than to pop some kettle corn, snap open a Dr.Pepper and settle onto my cozy couch to watch a good movie. But my taste in movies is just as varied and diverse as my taste in books and music. It was terribly hard for me to pick only ten of my all time favorites. I thought it might be a little easier to choose if I tackled this in categories:
Jaybird's Favorite Top Ten Movies of All Time. Or some of them.
10. Blazing Saddles (admittedly Mel Brooks is not the most politically correct choice, but hilarious all the same)
9. Animal House
8. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Here's a couple of my favorite Megamind quotes -
"Our battles quickly got more elaborate. He would win some, I would ALMOST win others! He took the name: Metro Man, defender of Metro City. I decided to pick something a little more humble: Megamind, incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy! "
"All men must choose between two paths. Good is the path of honour, heroism, and nobility. Evil... well, it's just cooler."
"Let's stop wasting time and call your boyfriend in tights, shall we?"
Megamind: How do I look, Minion? Do I look bad?
Minion: Disgustingly horrifying, sir!
Megamind: You ALWAYS know what to say!
And here's one of my favorite Megamind moments:
6.Gone With The Wind
5. This is a two-way tie between The Painted Veil and The Notebook, both will leave anyone with a heart full on booger crying in the end.
All Around Best Feel Good Movie
3. Second Hand Lions
(If you have never watched this movie, I can't recommend it enough. It is and always will be one of my all-time favorites. I must have watched it a thousand times and never get tired of it. For this fight scene alone, it will always remain on my all time top ten favorite movie list.)
Sci Fi-Like I said before, I love all kinds of movies. But Sci-Fi movies, are my all time favorite.
2. (Of course I could list a whole sub-genre here comprised of nothing but Hugh Jackman/Wolverine movies, but I'll spare you. My number #2 pick is going to have to be all of the X-Men movies up to and including First Class. (I think the ten second Wolverine cameo in First Class is freaking brilliant in and of itself)
1. Star Wars - Nothing has been able to knock this out of my number 1 spot yet. So Star Wars it is!
Looking forward to seeing what all of you pick!