About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 1, 2013

The Bloghop of JOY

Today I am participating in two of my fav bloggers, Kyra Lennon and Clare Dugmore's



The basic premise of this hop in the words of Clare Dugmore:

In these cold, winter months, everything can seem kind of ... bleak. However, every now and again, something small will happen that makes us smile again. It could be a random memory, something you see on TV, overhearing something that makes you laugh out loud - just that one thing that makes the clouds part, and the sunshine appear again. We're not talking life-changing moments, just the little things that inexplicably make us smile.
All you have to do to be a part of this happy hop is sign up on the Linky List, and on March 1st, post your list of joy - with a minimum of five things that put a spring back in your step!

If you haven't signed up yet, jump on over to Kyra's blog or Clare's and join in! Who couldn't use a little more joy in their lives?

Here's Jaybird's Top Ten Eleven List of  little random things that make me smile or fill me with joy:

 
11.  If  any of you watched the Oscars you would have already seen this footage of Jennifer Lawrence tripping over her gorgeous but ginormous couture dress. Watch it again now but look closely at something besides Katniss. It makes me smile every time I see  this. Because out of  all the A-listers sitting in the front row, look at who jumps right up out of his seat to offer his assistance.  That, my friends, is the one and only Mr. Hugh Jackman, the man who's made up of   Awesome Sauce.



10. Today is March 1. It's my brother's birthday.  You know what that means- time for another  Italian House party.  Happy Birthday Chris!! When are we having cake? LOL
Happy Birthday Brother. xo
 
9.  I have a soft spot for strays. Animals or people, I take in All Kinds. About a month ago, this orphaned  Ginger Boy showed up on my door step crying. He must have instinctively known the one giant and three little girls that lived there would just melt when they saw him-
 Now that he's older, his coat is much more gingy than white.

8. A hot cup of coffee is priority one for me in the morning. So it fills me with pure joy when I wake up and find a cup of java already made for me.  Starbucks has nothing on my girl. Best Mocha Maker Ever. Thank you Faith!!


7. As a mom nothing warms my heart like catching a sweet moment of solidarity between sisters  like this:
Frankie  and Farrah, holding hands at the Cape May Zoo

6. OK, this is SO stupid. But I have to tell this story-because it's  still one of my favorites, even all these years later. Back in high school I was (as usual) feeling sick  and miserable and had to take a minute to rest in the nurse's office. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself  when this commotion broke out and  interrupted my pity party. IDENTICAL twin sisters just got caught beating the piss out of each other in the hallway. They came bursting into the nurse's office still kicking, clawing and throwing insults  at each other. The nurse was doing her best to calm them both down, so she pulled the curtain and sat one of the girls down on the cot next to mine. Even though they were separated by the curtain, it didn't stop this girl from screaming through it at her sister: "You're an ugly bitch!!"  I know it's dumb and I'm sorry but I could not stop laughing then and it still makes me laugh when I think about it now-  Who the hell insults their identical twin  by calling them an ugly bitch?

5. My Wolverine Bobblehead fills me with joy. I love that thing. It sits on my dashboard and nods along, agreeing with me and my choice of tunes as I go cruising down the road.

Come on, you knew there would have to be a nod to Wolverine to  make my list complete! LOL
 
4. Finding and reading a good  book! That always fills me with joy.  I am an extremely fast and voracious reader. Every rare once in a while, if  a book  is really, really good it can actually cause me  to  slow down and savor the pages.  Like I said before it's a rare occurrence, but when it happens, woo hoo,  I LOVE it!!

3. Followers and Comments on my blog. Man, do I love my followers and their comments!! It fills me with pure  joy when people respond to what I've written. I've come a long  way from when I first started blogging and had no followers or comments except from my sister (and she mostly likes to heckle me, lol). Even now, I am blown away by the comments I get and the amount of amazing followers I have! ** Bonus trivia- what was my favorite comment ever? Check out my answer at the bottom of this post if your interested in knowing more on that. **



2. Princess Filamena Joy. My cat. I know, I know, but I am secure enough in my crazy cat lady status to admit it.  My cat fills me with joy. Take a look at the picture below. Do you see that jacked up yellow thing my cat is hugging on? That's her "Honey Bunny".  It's her favorite toy. And over at the Bird's Nest there is a little game we play with it. Very similar to Where's Waldo my cat will hide Honey Bunny every night and in the morning, she will torture us  carry on until we go hunting for that stinking busted bunny. It always makes the girls and I laugh when we find Honey Bunny in all kinds of weird places  :)


1. My girls-they are my joy.
One of my  fav old pics-  Dressing my girls up for Halloween always makes me smile!


*** Bonus trivia question answer:  My favorite comment was from Frankie Diane Mallis. She posted the rules of  a writing exercise she just handed to her students at Arcadia College and challenged any of her followers to give it a go - so I jumped on it.  
 
Her comment to my entry was one of my favorites because she praised my efforts. (I worked really hard on it too) I'm in awe of Frankie's talent  and her opinion of my work matters a whole lot to me. Because I'm an uber-dork  I actually commited her comment to memory. She said,  "Hi Jaybird. Wow! This was so impressive and creative. I love how you incorporated and drew inspiration from the objects into the story. You'd definitely earn an A in my class. I'm so glad you liked the exercise!" - Cue swooning and instant dorkitude... LOL

50 comments:

  1. So if Hugh Jackman shows up on your doorstep, you're not turning him away either, are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Alex- He'd have to step over me to come inside, because I'd be passed out on the floor in shock!!

      Delete
  2. I saw Hugh do that too and my heart swooned. What a classy man! I totally love your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, no one else moved a muscle! They all just sat there and stared at her. He oozes class. Thanks Dani!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Who can say anything bad about him? There hasn't been anyone who could come up with anything other than, he is too nice for Hollywood. That's my kind of guy. :)

      Delete
  4. O.k, I used to think you were just very cool...now, you've transcended into awesomeness after seeing that you have a Wolverine bobble head in your car!!

    Great post...it's always nice to remember just what we -do- have, as opposed to the things we don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolverine is my favorite super hero!! I have quite the collection of Wolverine swag. It's a little harder to come by than Batman or Superman, but when I find something with Wolverine on it, I MUST have it. And I lurve my bobble head! Couldn't believe my good fortune when I found it at $5 Below. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely list and I adore the wolverine bobble head. I didn't even know they made those! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! I was so excited when I found that bobble head because I didn't know they had them for Wolverine either. Thanks for commenting and stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. Great list! That Bobblehead is wicked - and also - it's my brother's birthday today, too!

    Thanks for joining in with the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyra! Thanks for hosting- how cool your brother and mine are born on the same day. Is he younger or older? Either way, aren't brothers great?

      Delete
  7. You already know how much I love that clip of Jennifer Lawrence! She is so next-generation Hollywood and I love her for that.

    As for the sweet picture of mother/daughter holding hands and your little girls all dressed up for Halloween...awwwww! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so old Hollywood. I love her! She handled her wipe out so well too.

      Thanks- I love both of those pictures. Halloween is one of my favorites to dress my girls up. Costumes are the best!

      Delete
  8. Loved your list. I'm happy to find another coffee addict! Hello to all coffee lovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana! Thanks so much. This girl runs on coffee, lots of it!! The other night we were at a party (for my brother's b-day) and everyone was making fun of me for "drinking too much". Even though all I drank was coffee, lol

      Delete
  9. Love your list and pictures! That little ginger kitten is such a doll. I am also a sucker for strays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the Bird's Nest Julie! Thanks so much for the follow.

      Strays get me, every time. I have SUCKER written across my forehead, for sure.

      Delete
  10. Of course I saw Jennifer Lawrence fall, but I had no idea that was HJ helping her. How awesome is that? That picture of your girls holding hands is the sweetest thing ever. Heart strings=pulled. Awww. And hiding the Honey Bunny...sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could recognize that back anywhere, lol. The Husband took that picture of the girls and I just lurve it. And of course, I somehow find a cat, that acts more like a dog. Or maybe it's just because I've only ever had dogs before and I just treat her like one? IDK, but she is something.

      Delete
  11. Love your little stray, so cute. I'm a sucker for strays and have adopted several myself over the years. Some very joyful things here, thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne! Thanks- and yeah, I am a stray magnet. People and animals. The Husband is always teasing me saying, if it doesn't have a home, it will find it's way to mine. :)

      Delete
  12. Kitties!! Yeah, I'm definitely in the cat lady category, and I would have many more cats, if I could.

    Such great things to be joyful about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even had cats before we rescued Princess F.. Now, I have a whole new appreciation for them. That cat stole my heart.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  13. Fantastic list! Your girls are adorable. I especially like the one with the two holding hands. I laughed at your story of the twins fighting too. Wow. Hehehe! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine-I still can't help but laugh when I think about the twin fight. Mostly because it cheered me up and gave me something to laugh about on a day when I felt so down and crappy.

      Delete
  14. What a great idea for a blog hop...celebrating joy! As usual, much to comment on :) I love that picture of your girls holding hands, that's so sweet. And the kitten!! What a little pumpkin! Are you keeping him? What did you name him?

    I love your kitty and her honey bunny, that is just too cute. None of my cats play with toys like that, so that is adorable.

    And happy birthday to your handsome brother! Have a fun, Italian party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls named the little kitten "Ginger Boy". He is a straight up tom cat and wants no part of being inside my house. We tried. He takes like one step in and then runs right back out, every time. It doesn't help that the spoiled rotten "only" cat child who lives inside gives him the stank eye and a growl, every time he's tried. She's not very welcoming, lol. But I have a huge back yard (a couple of acres) and Ginger Boy loves running around in it. He comes to the back door whenever he wants to eat or when he wants the girls to come outside to play with him. I don't think he's going anywhere.

      Princess Filamena is nuts! Somehow, I found a cat that acts just like a dog. The Husband who was dead set against a cat, loves her. She's spoiled rotten and totally runs my house. She has her own toy box and pulls her toys out of it all day long, which I am constantly tripping over. But hiding Honey Bunny is her clear favorite. :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Hi Alexandra- I know right? He is a doll. No way could I turn away from that face!

      Delete
  16. I love Jennifer Lawrence, and that' pretty cool that Hugh jumped up to help!
    That twin story made me laugh out loud! I'm glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rach- I'm very lucky that girl didn't turn around and kick my butt too because I could not stop laughing at her!! It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

      Delete
  17. Calling her twin an ugly bitch -- too funny! When I was younger my mother told me I was ugly, that I walked funny and a number of other insults -- that I, of course, took to heart. But I'll never forget the day an aunt and uncle of my moms pulled into the driveway as I was carefully picking my way down it to get the mail. I was barefoot and the driveway was full of rocks. When I arrived back to the house my moms aunt and uncle were remarking about how much I looked like my mom, how I even walked like her. I'd always thought of her as being beautiful -- and while I found their remarks funny, I had to wonder if she were an ugly little girl too! She and I could have been twins -- maybe we were in another life!

    Hugh Jackman -- yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yolanda! I can't even imagine a mother who would tell their daughter she is ugly and walked funny. I am so sorry, how awful and cruel that must have been for you! But how fitting that your Aunt and Uncle told your mom you two look alike.

      So glad to meet you- I hope you like it here. You are always welcome in the Bird's Nest!

      Delete
  18. Hugh Jackman just stole my heart (don't tell my husband!)

    Brothers rock! Happy belated birthday to yours.

    Big loves to you for rescuing the kitten (mine was a rescue also...maybe strays do have 'sucker' radar!)

    And I love when my kids get along too. Even when they are colluding to hide something from me or manipulate me, I don't mind...they are working together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man my poor husband puts up with a lot considering all the HJ stalking I do. Good thing The Husband is very secure and has a great sense of humor. I don't think I would handle it quite as well if things were reversed and he was all ga-ga over some starlet, lol.

      I have a giant SUCKER stamp on my forehead, for sure! Stray animals and people- always get me. Sometimes I have to repeat to myself, don't look them in the eyes Jen. Cause if I do, it's all over. I'm a goner.

      Delete
  19. This is so cute and your girls are adorable...can you say playdate???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! If you are ever at the Jersey Shore, come on down! I'd love to host a play date for you and yours!!

      Delete
  20. This is so cute and your girls are adorable...can you say playdate???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for taking part in the hop, Jen. Excellent list!

    Happy birthday to your brother.

    I saw Hugh Jackman standing up to help Jennifer Lawrence and thought of you.

    Your daughters are so adorable, bless their hearts. And the coffee Faith made you looks delicious.

    I love both of the kitties you posted pics of - are you keeping the ginger one? Princess Filamena playing Where's Waldo is too cute! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Clare!! I'll tell Chris you said Happy B-day. We had cake on Sat. night (of course) to celebrate.

      And, yes, we kept the kitty. "Ginger Boy" is what the girls named him, "Gingy" is his nickname. He stays outside though because he doesn't like to be held or to come in the house. We built him an outside house and he will go in that when it's really cold. But he doesn't really like to be in that either. He loves to be out and about, prowling throughout our yard.

      Faith is the best mocha maker ever! I am so blessed. Saturday mornings she likes to wake up early and make them. And I am VERY ok with that, lol.

      Delete
  22. Hi, I love the X-men, cats, and my brothers too. I enjoyed your joy. Look forward to following you and reading more. I also like comments and visitors to my blogs:
    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/

    Stop by if you get a chance. Feedback and comments are welcome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Great big Welcome to the Bird's Nest- if you love the X-men and cats and your brother, we are going to get on just fine!! Thanks so much for the follow and the comments. Glad you enjoyed my "joys" :)

      Delete
  23. This was great. Number 6 made me laugh as well. It reminds me of a girl I knew. She dumped a guy, and then the guy started dating a girl that looked exactly like her. Like, it was creepy. And the first girl says, "God, I can't believe he's dating HER. She's so fat and ugly." I didn't feel the need to explain why I was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, that's so cold. But hilarious. I probably would have laughed without explaining myself further too.

      Delete
  24. I didn't watch the oscars, but I heard about the trip. I feel so bad for her. She'll never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that was a life-defining moment, in more ways than one!

      Delete
  25. What a fantastic list! I can easily see why all these things would bring you joy. That twin story had me laughing a little too much, haha. (Best--i.e., worst--insult a person could possibly give their twin ever!) And aw, so many adorable pictures of kitties and your kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! I'm glad I could give you a little laugh and add some joy to your day!!

      Delete