About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 22, 2013

Reality Check


The lovely Miss Linda King, over at Excuse Me While I Note That Down, just gifted me with this Reality Check Award. I am really thrilled. Seriously, when someone gives me an award I get this giddy feeling, like I'm a little kid and my mom and dad just told me I've done something right! I decided  I like recognition. It's kind of awesome.



Here are the questions I must answer:

If you could change one thing, what would it be?
 Oh man, this is a hard one. I'd like to say I could change something, but what if it altered the course of  my life so much that it affected who I was going to marry or me having my kids? That's something I could never jeopardize. So, I'd have to pass and not change a thing. BUT if I could change something and not have it affect the life I have with my family as it is now, I wish I went off to college, straight away. I've never lived away from home. When I got married, I moved straight from my parents house into a house with The Husband. Now that I'm older that bothers me. I wish I could have had some time to live away from home with all of my girlfriends, first. Plus, I think I would have had more motivation  to finish college if I stayed up there, instead of commuting from home every day.


If you could repeat an age, what would it be?

This is another hard one. I would say my twenties, because I felt so much better then. But I was so bloody stupid in my twenties I don't know if I could voluntarily be that stupid, ever again. LOL

What one thing really scares you?
 Freaking A- every thing scares me! Movies, clowns, bugs, heights, spiders, scary dolls, camping, mean people, tight spaces, scuba diving, Ben Affleck, parachuting, bungee jumping, man my list goes on and on. Maybe I should have attacked this from a different perspective  and list something I am not afraid of, lol. 
 
If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
 Dude! I would so trade places with Barack. First, I'd run wild in the White House for a spell, then I'd have to sit in his sweet seat in the Oval Office. Next, I'd order something outrageous from the White House chef to prepare, just for me. Finally, I'd take a straight up, big pimping ride on Air Force One. It would be a stellar day (and a terrifying one for America) for sure!  

OK- time to gift this Reality Check forward. Here are my three: Mark Means, Left and Write. Cause you are not mean, even though your name suggests that you are. And the last two have to go to my Beta and CP. Rachel, at Writing on the Wall, and Faraway Eyes from the Faraway Series. If anyone needs a Reality Check, it's them. Seriously, who's crazy enough to take on a hot mess like me? I'm still in shock when I see their e-mails pop up in my inbox. It  reminds me of The Princess Bride, cause I want to shout,  "inconceivable!" every time.
 
What do you think about  my answers to the questions? Now, how about you? What would you do? Who would you trade places with? Do you know the reMarkable Mark Means? Faraway Eyes? or Rachel from Writing on the Wall? If you don't, please go check out their sites. They're pretty amazing. Have a great weekend everyone!

26 comments:

  1. Voluntarily that stupid again - funny! I'm not going back either.
    Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. No way do I want to go back to that twenty-something mind set. I'm very happy where I am now, lol.

      Delete
  2. I would probably repeat age 7 to 9. That's right before life's problems started to emerge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure I even remember anything being difficult at ages seven to nine. I was in a little "perfect world" bubble. My parents really sheltered me!

      Delete
  3. I don't like spiders either. I think it's the additional legs. All critters with more than four legs are not welcomed close to me. And if you mean horror movies, I'm with you too.

    Congratulations on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Totally scared of horror movies. I avoid them at all costs. I already have a crazy imagination and a hard enough time trying to fall asleep, lol.

      Delete
  4. Ben Affleck--bahaha. Scary indeed. I would allow you to be president for a day, but beyond that I don't know. We might start seeing Hugh Jackman's face on our dollar bills, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Oh my gosh that' so funny! HJ money- Love that idea. Although, I really wouldn't want to stay in charge at the White House more than a day or two. I would screw up way too much in just that short amount of time, lol.

      Delete
  5. Strangely enough, I'm afraid of Ben Affleck too! :D

    LOL....reMarkable...that's one I've, honestly, never heard before!

    Seriously, though, thank you -very- much for the award. I'm always sincerely touched when someone thinks about me and my lil ole' blog like that...I do appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does Ben Affleck inspire fear in so m any? I really don't know why he freaks me out either, I can't put my finger on it. But there is something about him, I just don't trust him, and deep down, he's just a straight up tool.

      And you're very welcome! I love your blog.

      Delete
  6. Spiders and heights would be on my list too! I'd maybe like to swap with JK Rowling for a day, just to see what being a best selling author really felt like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good one Suzanne! I'd love to be inside her head, get all the inside HP knowledge.

      Delete
  7. You picked me, inconceivable! Thanks a bunch. I'll post this next Wednesday.

    And, your afraid of Ben Affleck? Ha,ha, ha!

    Thanks again, for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just imagine if you were locked in a closet with Ben Affleck dressed like a clown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH! Thanks for that visual-you just gave me a new nightmare! LOL

      Delete
  9. I feel the same way about the first question. I'd never want to change anything about my past, in fear it would affect my present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wouldn't ever want to be without my kids. And meeting The Husband is crucial in keeping them in as part of my life. So, no I wouldn't want to change a thing, if it would affect my present. Too risky it would take all the good out of my life now!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the award. I'm afraid that if I started listing my fears I wouldn't stop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Annalisa. There are so many more I could go on and on. I probably should have just listed what I'm not afraid of. It's a much shorter list, :)

      Delete
  11. I'm still in my 20s and don't recall being that voluntarily stupid. Instead, I've spent my 20s writing novels and going to bed before 11. Sometimes I think I'm an old man trapped in a young man's body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh B, you are a very bright twenty-something! I meant no disrespect to the age group in general; I was being Jaybird specific. I take the cake at being the most naive and dumbest twenty year old you could have ever met. Watching me operate in my twenties was like a big doe-eyed deer bounding down the highway, completely oblivious that the fact that every set of headlights were all aiming straight for me! It took me a whole lot of heart ache and a good long while to grow up. I'm still very immature for my age. (If you haven't noticed, lol)

      Delete
  12. My twenties were a blur. Not from too much partying, but I had four boys by the age of thirty one. I vaguely remember it being a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine wasn't from partying either. I led a VERY sheltered childhood. I was not at all prepared for "real life". And if I'm being honest, I was also just straight up dumb, lol. But you learn from making mistakes, right? Because boy, did I ever learn! LOL

      Delete