About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Busy Little Bird

Hey All! Sorry if I haven't dropped any comments on your blogs over the past few days but I've been a very busy little bird. The bad news is the busy isn't going to let up until after Easter. (I will try to pop in when I can and comment)  The good news is I'm not taking a break because of my poor health! For once, my absence isn't due to doctors and.their unpleasant poking and prodding- which is very awesome news indeed!

Nope, this time I need a break because (1) I went away with the fam for a couple of days- I'll be posting more about that later on... (2) This week I'm expecting an army of hungry Italians to descend upon my nest and take over. Major preparations are being made in order to ensure we celebrate the Easter holiday right. So, it's cooking, cleaning, cooking, shopping. More cooking. All of which has to be done before Friday. It's only Tuesday and I'm already exhausted, lol.

More good news: I'll be back before you even miss me. Although some of  you are probably counting that as the bad news, lol. 

Peace- Jaybird

35 comments:

  1. You have an awesome Easter and may no one go hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex- Happy Easter to you too. If you saw my frig right now you would think I was planning on feeding the entire state of Jersey, lol.

      Delete
  2. Too late...already miss ya! :) Hey, glad to hear you're staying healthy and family is always and acceptable excuse to not keep up with blogging. Have a great one and looking forward to your return :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Be back annoying everyone before you know it.

      Delete
  3. Have fun with the big Italian family. I'm picturing your Easter like Cake Boss's right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you hit the nail on the head. My mom grew up in Hoboken. That's where the Cake Boss's shop is. :)

      Delete
  4. There are times when I wish I was a hungry Italian... wait.. I'm hungry... does that count? Please pass the macaroni, Jaybird!!! Seriously, where is it? Jay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hungry Canadians are ALWAYS welcome too! Honestly, you could waltz right in my front door (which must remain open 'cause otherwise it's too damn hot in the house) A couple of Italians would just shove a dish in your hands, no questions asked. Before you could blink, that plate would be full, a glass of wine would be placed in one hand and a hunk of Italian bread would be shoved in the other. (Bread acts as a utensil here) Any time you're in the States, you are always welcome to pop on in.

      Delete
  5. Fun times and busy times. Have a lovely Easter and catch up with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! Have a great Easter.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina thanks so much. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear your health is good. Have fun with those Italians! I've seen "Jersey Shore"...you'll have a blast. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Hangs head in shame* Thankfully, I'm not related to any of the Jersey Shore cast, lol.

      Have a Happy Easter Elizabeth!

      Delete
  8. Totally understandable why you'd need to take a break right now. Looking forward to your return! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather- thanks for understanding. Be back real soon.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a blast! I'd love for you guys to adopt me until all the good Italian food is gone. Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is welcome here! You would be adopted in a hot second. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  10. Yum! Italian Easters always rock!! Have a hoppy one!

    See what I did there?

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Val! Thanks for hopping in- (see how I can play along, lol) Easter is my fav holiday. It's always at my house, therefore, it's always fun. :)

      Delete
  11. So gla to hear that your absence was for a FUN reason. Lookin' forward to Easter here too, for the first time in forever I get to go to someone else's house. YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, going to someone else's house would make my life so much easier. But it's not going to happen anytime soon. My house is nothing fancy or even big enough to fit everyone, yet somehow it's still where everybody tends to flock together.

      Check your inbox I was able to critique all your work this afternoon- Happy Easter!!

      Delete
    2. Got it and a thousand thank yous. I did the blog award today and left a little video there that you might enjoy.

      Delete
  12. Quirky, fun blog:) Hope you feel better too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark- so nice to "meet" you. Welcome to The Bird's Nest. Feel free to stop by often and make yourself at home!

      Delete
  13. Breaks are important! I'm just coming back from one myself! Hope your weekend is lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Morgan! I'm so glad to see you're back! A little time off can really help. And I'm going to need all the help I can get because I signed up for the A-Z challenge! (Which I'm so nuts for doing, lol)

      Delete
  14. I think I'd rather be poked and prodded by doctors than face an army of hungry Italians, but I guess that's just me. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH! No way. Doctors suck. And they hurt you. Although Italians pinch, and that can hurt too, lol. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  15. Have a wonderful Easter with your huge family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yikes, you were a busy bird last week, Jen! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter, and I'm glad to see you back for the A-Z! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you and yours had a great Easter too. We all did! (Although I'm exhausted now) LOL

      Delete