About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Apocalyptic Sky

Only have time for  a quickie today- but I wanted to share these photos. From time to time, in the state game lands near my home they do these "controlled burns". The forest rangers did one the other day and these amazing photos of the sun are a result.

I've named this series of pictures "Apocalyptic Sky" - What does it look like to you?


28 comments:

  1. looks like the eye of sauron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It has a very Tolkien-esque, Middle Earth type look to it.

      Delete
  2. I love "Apocalyptic Sky"...it's a cool title for a book. :) It looks like the sun is burning out. Going, going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. And it kind of looks like an Eclipse, another great book title. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the photos. And I agree with Ilima that "Apocalyptic Sky" is a great title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Yeah, I think Ilima is onto something there. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Very cool looking pics and aptly named.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sky through all that great stuff. My favorite is a harvest sky--that harvest dust that makes everything have that great shade of marmelade... Fires and storms though, do some pretty cool stuff--love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. Harvest skys are beautiful as well. Thanks Hart!

      Delete
  6. There's something very awesome about winter skies, especially with dust or smoke or haze in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so too. But you wouldn't like inhaling this kind of smoke. It burns your lungs and makes you cough like crazy. It's very bad to breathe in.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good name too! "Fire in the Sky"

      Delete
  8. Those are some awesome pics. It's like someone poked a hole in the clouds to let a little sun through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool imagery- I like how you described that PTM.

      Delete
  9. Great photos. I can just picture the apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annalisa. Kind of haunting but still beautiful, right?

      Delete
  10. Those are gorgeous photos, Jen. thanks for sharing, and have a fantastic weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Clare!

      Hope you have a fabulous weekend with your family too- :)

      Delete
  11. I really like these. They have a haunting quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Medeia! Thanks so much. I agree, haunting but still edged in beauty.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous photos! I especially love the first one. Those trees give the picture such an eerie atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! This sky really freaked me out, eerie indeed!

      Delete
  13. Yep, definitely an apocalyptic look going on there. And, you're an accomplished photographer too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not me! I am a terrible picture taker. I can't take the credit here- this is the work of my daughter Faith. She has a great eye for photos, very creative and artistic.

      Delete