About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Romance Week: Episode Deuce, Anything For Love

In honor of  Valentine's Day, I decided to do a little mini-series on the topic of romance. If you're interested, yesterday was Episode One, the topic Do Opposite's Attract?

Today I'm back with Episode Deuce:  I'd Do Anything For Love, But I Won't Do That.  Before I get into it, I just wanted to thank Tamara from One Magic Bean Buyer for gifting me with this Premio Cutie Pie award. Thanks so much for the award and shout out on your blog Tamara!! It was very much appreciated.

On to today's topic.What would you do for love? Where do you draw the line? What's the craziest, funniest, scariest or most outrageous thing you ever did for love? Maybe you know a  story about someone who went to great lengths to land someone they love? Cause, um,  I may have one or two...

I know a certain boy (let's just refer to him as Justin) who had a ginormous crush on this girl. Unfortunately, she was the beautiful mean kind of girl who always had multiple guys she was stringing along. I kept telling Justin, she was not really into him, she was just taking advantage of his sweet, naive nature and using him. Justin refused to believe me or hear anything I had to say about her. So, she continued to take advantage of this crush on multiple occasions. She kept Justin on a short leash. Everyone around him knew that he was being played, but he refused to believe it. Until one night, after she blew Justin off to go out WITH ANOTHER DUDE, she was driving home in a remote and kind of  sketchy part of town at 2:00 a.m. when her tire blew. Guess who she called? Yep.  Justin. And that sucker jumped up and drove an hour to go "save" her even though he had an important meeting at work and needed to report in early the next day. Imagine his surprise when he arrived on the scene and there was some random dude, sitting in the car making out with his girl!! By the time he got home from "saving" her, he was crushed, pissed and totally spent. The next morning, Justin slept straight through his alarm, never did quite make it to his meeting on time and got fired-all for love :(

Once, a very loooong time ago, I had just met a guy at school who asked me out. I never even went on one date with the guy when I received a random collect call from him. Apparently, he used his one phone call on me. Not smart. He starts hollering at me that  I needed to come right down to jail and bail him out  because it was all my fault he was there  in the first place. Really Not Smart. And, uh, what? I barely even knew this guy. Why was he blaming me for getting locked up? He proceeded to tell me it was all my fault he got locked up because he couldn't afford to take me out and buy me nice things, so he had to do something dirty. YEP. That was his excuse. Needless to say, I did not  bail him out.

So, what would you do for love? Have any stories for me?  Let me know what you think.

15 comments:

  1. He got fired??? Oh my. Also, I'm glad you didn't bail the other guy out.

    In college I was swimming laps at the pool and the guy in the next lane started talking to me. Nice guy. I talk to people at the pool all the time. Nothing weird. Well a few days later he calls me up, which freaked me out 'cause I never gave him my number...I didn't even tell him my last name. He told me he worked in administration, and from our conversation he knew I was a physics major and my first name. He admitted to checking the class lists of every physics class offered and finally found me and my number and my address. Then he asked me out. Kind of flattering that he went through all that trouble, but mostly creepy. Really really creepy. I did not go out with him. :) BTW he wasn't the first guy to pick me up at the pool. That's kinda creepy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, that guy reeks of stalker and chlorine! I am so glad you went with your gut and didn't go out with him. :)

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have bailed him out either!

    I've done a lot for love...wow, that could be taken really wrong. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em!! I have done a lot for love too, LOL.

      Man, the nerve of that dude, I barely knew him, and he wants to blame me for his problems? It really ticked me off. Besides, anyone who knows me will tell you I am the farthest thing from a gold-digger you'd ever meet. Ugh.

      Delete
  3. Always knew you were a troublemaker! Ha, ha, ha.

    I once had a guy stand up and sing to me in a restaurant (if you date theatre majors, you have to expect ANYTHING).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha Faraway! Hope you enjoyed your b-day yesterday. And if he was a theatre major, you are lucky (1) that you found a straight one (2) that's all he did! LOL

      Delete
  4. Glad you left that guy in jail.
    I don't think I've ever done anything really crazy. I did wait and watch a girl from a distance while she was with someone else. Never did anything about it, just waited.
    Now she's my wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Alex, that is so sweet. You were patient and waited the relationship out. Not an easy thing to do. It's hard to watch the one you love with someone else. Your patience got you the girl. Love this story!!!

      And yeah, that guy was a total creeper. Ick.

      Delete
  5. Poor Justin!! And yeah, that guy sounds like he was not bailworthy!

    I was once asked out by a photographer who kept leaving stealth pictures he'd taken of me on my car windshield. Which came off exactly like it sounds...creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ick. Johanna, that gives me the chills. I had a stalker in college who did weird stuff like that. Took pics of me when I didn't even know he was there. Ew.

      Poor Justin is right! He is the epitome of the sweet, nice guy any normal girl would be lucky to snag, but that beotch ruined him. He's still recovering, poor guy. On the bright side, he finally saw her for what she was and I was able to use my Public Relations juice to hook him up with an interview/job somewhere else. I always look out for my friends, and I felt so bad for him, it was the least I could do. :)

      Delete
  6. Justin's story sounds all too familiar. Hopefully he got the best revenge and found a woman who treated him right and loved him for who he was.

    The craziest thing I ever did for love was meet a girl on the internet and move all the way to Florida, leaving Kentucky and my old life behind.

    As you probably could guess....she's now my wife. That Internet is one crazy thing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. "Justin" is still single. I hope he finds the right one too. Hmm, maybe I should suggest the internet, since that worked out really well for you and your wife!!

      Big difference between Kentucky and Florida, how are you adjusting to that? What did your family think when you told them you were going to move? Mine would FREAK.

      Delete
  7. Poor Justin! Although, I only feel so bad for guys that refuse to see the truth about the selfish girl they're seeing because she's beautiful. But like you said, there's nothing you can tell someone in that situation, they sadly have to find out for themselves. He sounds like a really nice guy...I hope he found an amazing woman since then.

    And oh my gosh, the jail story! I can't even fathom what made him think calling and yelling at you would get him out of jail. Obvioulsy he must have burned all his other bridges if he was calling someone he hadn't even dated yet! Phew, that was a close call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one wants to hear that their "dream" girl is a big fat ho. LOL He is still the ultimate nice guy, and unfortunately, is still single.

      Yeah, I think he was pretty unhinged. And, man how lucky was I that I found out what a psycho he was before I ever went out with him? Definitely dodged a bullet there!

      Delete
  8. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.
    I am attempting to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!
    !

    Also visit my page; see this great post

    ReplyDelete