Can I let you in on a little secret about me if you haven't already guessed because of how late this post is? I'm kind of a slacker!
Not when it comes to my family or friends but when it comes to me. For instance: every single day I make sure I have a healthy, well-rounded breakfast, lunch and dinner planned and set out before my kids. But I can honestly say that I have been up since 5:30 am, and haven't eaten a thing today. I did, however, throw back an entire pot of coffee. (Which doesn't count as a healthy choice, does it?) And my eating habits aren't the only places I slack. My mom wardrobe consists of exactly two pairs of jeans and three shirts. All of which were purchased for under $10.00 at my favorite thrift store. My girls, however, walk out of my house turned out like a page of a magazine. There are so many other areas in which I slack when it comes to myself, my goals, and my life. I put my kids, The Husband, and my family and friends (and even my cat's) needs, so far above my own, it leaves very little time for achieving any goals I may have myself. By the end of most days, I'm usually so freaking tired and worn out, I'm lucky if I manage to make it up the steps to fall into my bed. But I'm trying to be better than that. This year, I promised myself, I would make some changes.
Here are some goals this slacker set for 2013:
1. Speak less and listen more. For those of you who know me personally, you are unfortunately already all too aware of why this is priority number one....
2. I want to loose weight. Yeah, I know, real original with this one, right? But hear me out. Because I only want to loose weight if I can do it without suddenly becoming an annoying, super-preachy, skinny bitch who turns into someone everybody avoids and hates, now that they have become lollipops with boobs: Like Jennifer Hudson, Sara Rue, Al Roker and
3. I want to get my AD, Oh, Shiny! under control. As an adult who suffers from ADD, I want to find a way to focus on one project/thing at a time, and see it to fruition, before starting something else. This, my friends, will probably be one of the hardest things on my list to achieve.
4. I want to go out more. And travel somewhere I've never been. It occurred to me the other night, when I showed up at a party my brother was throwing, that it took way too long for him to recover from his shock of me actually (1) showing up, (2) after dark and (3) without kids. I realized this is something I simply must do more. I used to go out all the time, and travel a whole lot.
There are a lot of places I'd like to visit and many I've never been to on my bucket list, which leaves me wide open. Top of that list would probably be going back home to California to see my best friend, since it's been WAY too long. And as far as where I've never been, I really want to see New Orleans. *crossing my fingers I will be healthy enough to do this*
5. I'd like to shiz or get off the pot with my writing. It's time I pulled it together and stopped being so insecure and just put myself out there. I have to admit, I've already taken at least two huge leaps in this area. 1. I finally joined the IWSG and made an effort to join some more blog fests that really stretched me. 2. Through the IWSG, and all of the awesome comments and encouragement I've found there, it gave me the push I needed to send my work out to CPs. Which still makes me want to puke, but I think I can consider this a big step in the right direction!
There are so many more resolutions I have....but I'll spare you and stop with the five I've already listed here. Any of you have some more suggestions for me? Like "Stop using your blog to whine to us about all your crap..ack!"
Happy Monday Everyone!! Hope you have a wonderful week. ~Jaybird