About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2012

Oops, flubbed it. It's all Hugh Jackman's fault.

This morning I got online and suddenly remembered I had  signed up for at least two different blog hops.  But I totally flubbed it.  I forgot! I'm so sorry. I have been super busy..but still it's not like me to forget. So I'm blaming Hugh Jackman. It's all his fault.

If you have been watching the news lately. you would know that HJ is everywhere!  He's been doing  press junkets for Les Miserables like crazy. But the best part is, I feel like finally, finally,  people (other than me) are  recognizing his amazing talent! It's throwing me into a tail spin. For anyone who doesn't understand why I stalk admire HJ so much, please take a minute to watch his interview from  last night on 60 minutes. That pretty much sums it  up. Can't wait to see this movie. It combines two of my favorite things, HJ and Victor Hugo.

Les  Mis was the first book I  read for my high school French IV class. And I absolutely fell in love with it. Les Mis was also the first broadway show my parents took me to see, and I was BLOWN AWAY! If you have never been to see a show on Broadway in New York City,  please, please, put it on your bucket list. There is really nothing else like it.


Again, friends, I apologize. Please forgive me. This weekend I was double and tripple booked, every day. Saturday was Breakfast with Santa and two Christmas parties. Sunday was teaching Sunday School, Christmas shopping and last night, we celebrated Hanukkah. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done...

My friend Sabrina posted this picture on FB with the tag,:"Chanuking it up" -with Jen. LOL
Me and my friend Sabrina "Chanuking it up"

12 comments:

  1. Okay, you get an HJ pass from me. :-) Here's the MHJS (My Hugh Jackman Story ... we all have one, right?):

    I'm a huge X Men fan, and like many was first introduced to HJ from the first movie. Loved his performance, exactly as I'd always pictured Wolverine.

    Anyway, I'm from Oklahoma originally, and I caught him singing Beautiful Morning on Leno one night. Thinking "Wolverine can seriously sing!" I then researched and found that he'd performed on stage for years, and was renowned for his work as--you guessed it--Curly in OKLAHOMA! I've since seen the entire performance on public television (worth the watch--he's an amazing stage performer/singer), and been a massive fan ever since.

    We are really, REALLY looking forward to Les Mis in our house. Just saw it live for the first time this year, and it blew me away. I popped over here for the 'Mating & Dating' blog hop, btw. Nice to meet you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey E.J., Welcome to the Bird's Nest. So nice to meet you too! From your awesome comment, I know we are going to get on just fine!!

      I don't think too many people realize how talented a singer Hugh Jackman is, unless you've see him in action. He's won Tonys for his performances on Broadway, and is a magnificent singer. And being a huge XMen fan myself, I have to agree, he IS the perfect Wolverine. Couldn't picture anyone else in that roll.

      Can't wait to see Les Mis!

      Delete
  2. You will be forgiven just as soon as I can get the sound to work on that interview.

    I've seen Les Mix on stage several times. It is undoubtedly the most moving production I think I've ever seen. Looking towards the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy! I'm having technical difficulties with it. I posted it again, from a different source, hoping that would work.

      Wish you lived closer, we could go see the movie together!

      Delete
  3. Ha, I woke up this morning with the same feeling. "Oh my God, the bloghops!" I managed to squeeze one in today, and I will do the other tomorrow, but I totally understand the feeling of panic!

    I hope - even though you've been busy - you've been having lots of fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra! I have to admit, it hasn't all been fun and games over here. I had to take Faith to get an MRI and I had a doctor's appt. (of course) so, boo! But other than that, it's just the typical mom of three kids, trying to keep it together and get all of their activities straight as well as the added holiday season stuff jammed in between!

      Delete
  4. I can so relate. I woke up this morning feeling like I need a weekend to catch up from my weekend. Btw, HJ is my first and favorite pick for the Haden/Hades character in my Persephone Campbell series. :) He'd be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love him! I'd pick him first for just about anything. LOL

      Delete
  5. I thinking blaming HJ is a smart thing...and totally understandable. :) And I love the "Chanuking it up" pic. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cracked up when she wrote-Chanuking it up! Every year I celebrate the Jewish holidays with close friends, and we have the BEST time. Although, this year, I think I went a few too many lattkes over the limit and made myself sick- LOL

      As far as the blog hops, I swear Ilima, I don't know where my stinking head is at these days, I'll tell you. And I do feel really bad. I am always a day late and a dollar short! It's really irritating.

      Over the next two weeks things are only going to get worse and even harder to fit in blogging time. I will do my best to keep up, but I may be just commenting, instead of posting, for a little while.

      Delete