About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 7, 2012

Birthday Friday Fact or Fiction

Wow, I  can't believe how long it's been since I last wrote a Friday Fact or Fiction post! If you thought my life ran out of shenanigans to share,  you'd be wrong. I've  just been keeping all the crazy on the DL for a while. But it was my birthday this week, so I thought it would be the perfect time to resurrect a FForF.  For those of you who are new to my blog here's how it works- I am going to list a bunch of things that MAY or MAY NOT have happened to me on my birthday. You can guess which of them are Fact or Fiction. I will post the answers tomorrow.

#1. So it was my birthday on  Tuesday. But I couldn't really enjoy it because I was mostly dead all day. The doctor scripted me a very potent antibiotic called Z-pac. I MAY or  MAY NOT have called  the pharmaceutical company and suggested they change the name of their drug to:  "Evac-u-pac". Because Oh My Word my bowels haven't been this empty since my last colonoscopy prep. Dang!

#2. I MAY or MAY NOT have gotten into a fight on the floor of Barnes & Noble. Over a purple Furby.




#3. The best birthday present I MAY or MAY NOT have received cost exactly three bucks and came from the Good Will store.

#4.  After an exhausting day, I MAY or MAY NOT have passed out on the couch in a  mint chocolate chip coma around 7:30 p.m. The Husband, who values his life, who knows how hard it is for his wife to fall asleep, left me there and went on to bed.  My cat, not used to having her mommy on the couch fast asleep at the crazy cat bewitching hour (2:00 a.m. for all of you non-cat owners) was so excited, she decided to bring me a present. She went into her toy box (yes, I am a crazy cat lady and my cat has her own toy box) and grabbed her favorite toy. A furry, surprisingly real, imitation mouse. She did the stealthy cat creep up on an unsuspecting, fully passed out, snoring me. All of a sudden, in the pitch dark,  my over-excited, playful kitty threw her wet, furry, imitation mouse up on my chest with a loud thud. I awoke with a start, and in the dark, felt what could only be a full-on real live mouse. I MAY or MAY NOT have screamed so loud and so long, I woke the entire house. And our neighbors next door....oops.

There you have it. A little slice of crazy that constitutes my life. Happy Friday Everyone! For anyone who is interested, I'll post the answers tomorrow :)

14 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the last one really happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound realistic to me except the furby one. But I can see you fighting someone for a furby kind of. Haha.

    Happy birthday hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And, hmmm, I think you are starting to know me very well indeed Melanie.

      Delete
  3. I'm quite surprised that Furby's are making a comeback. I mean, I remember those things from ten years ago. I'd be sad if they haven't improved o them since then. I believe in #3! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too David! To be honest, the AI inside of them freaks me out... I remember them being popular a while back too, I have no idea what made my kid want one for Christmas. But they are selling like hot cakes, so I guess they've come back into demand.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! I'm going with the crazy cat lady story :0). #3 and #4 are true. If i thought a mouse landed on me, I'd be waking the neighbors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap do I hate mice. The last time I saw one in my kitchen, I jumped on top of the kitchen island. ME! Everyone knows white girls can't jump! Oy.

      Delete
  5. Lol! I kinda' hope the last one is true. Sorry, but it's so funny!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah- it's funny. I really love my cat. I really love my cat. I really love my cat...LOL

      Delete
  6. *LOL* All true!!! Happy belated birthday. Sounds like a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It's always fun over here at the Bird's Nest. Full-o-crazy-all-day(and night) long.

      Delete
  7. False, True, True, True!
    Your cat sounds ace. I hope that one is true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ash! I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to see you blogging and commenting-again, *happy dancing* I really missed your humour!

      Yeah, my cat is awesome. And very lucky she is adorable.

      Delete