About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2012

4th Annual No Kiss Blogfest Promo

Hey All- I know it's the holidays and we are all pressed for time. But I want to make sure you didn't miss out on the opportunity, (in case you forgot) or haven't signed up yet for the 4th Annual No Kiss Blogfest- over at Frankie Diane Mallis Blog- there is still time!  Here are the rules snatched from her blog-

Things You Should Do To Prepare For The Ultimate Non-Kissage Festivities!
1) Sometime between now and Jan 2, 2013 write a post about the No Kiss Blogfest to let everyone know you are participating and that they should too. Why? Because it's awesome! (Please link back)

2) Sign up for the No Kiss Blogfest by filling in the Mr. Linky below. Because Mr. Linky is awesome.

3)Tweet about No Kiss Blogfest, using the hash tag: #nokissblogfest because #hashtagsareawesome

4) After you've recovered from New Years Eve, write a blog sharing your Almost Kiss, No Kiss Blogfest entry (either one from your WIP, one you just wrote, one from a book, movie or tv show, or even a really hot almost-kiss picture)and post on January 2, 2013!!! Because reading your posts are awesome! (Don't forget to link back)

Get ready for the steamiest day of 2013! It's going to rule!


* Let me just preface this blog fest by saying, Frankie's blog is an amazing resource for writers. And it's also one of the first blogs I ever started following. Her No Kiss Blogfest is always great and I urge you all to join in.  In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd post my entry from last year-

This is a no-kiss scene from “Breaking Cardinale Rules”, my paranormal romance. 


I made Drew take me to the boardwalk. It had been so long since I'd had any fun and I guessed someone like Drew, had never been there before. And I was right. As we walked along the boards I made him stop periodically and do all of the worst, most touristy things you could possibly do.

It was wicked fun, almost like a date. At first he would not relax at all because of all the people and noise and general commotion. He protested a lot. But I teased him out of his self-imposed up-tightness as much as I possibly could.

I bated him into playing some of the games knowing how naturally competitive he is. Did it surprise me that he won every single time? Nope. Ring toss, darts, shot gun (of course) basketball, frog bog, you name it, he won it. After I had about twenty ginormous stuffed animals too many Drew decided it wouldn't be fair if he kept playing. I suggested he take the extras and hand them out to all the little kids that walked by and actually had enough guts to approach him. The vendors were delighted when we walked away.

Boardwalk pizza is insanely good so I made sure he tried a slice. Of course, I insisted on funnel cakes for desert. He drew the line when I suggested the fun house, mumbling something like, “too many variables” so I didn't push it. But I did torture him until he agreed to sit in one of those little photo booths and take pictures with me. It's a really small seat and instead of sitting sideways and all awkward, I just jumped right onto his lap. Taking someone like Drew by surprise, was more fun than any of the rides. He recovered and then shocked me, when I felt his lips brush by my neck and settle near my ear. He leaned in and whispered, “Thank you.”

My smile in those pictures was so incredibly broad it made Julia Robert's look small. Drew didn't smile. On film, the innate beauty I can see inside him, kind of got lost in the translation. He wound up looking like he did when anyone else looked at him: absolutely terrifying. Before I could comment, he snatched the pictures from my hand and put them in his wallet. At first, I was taken back, but then I decided that it was all kinds of awesome.

How I convinced him to get on the ferris wheel, I'll never know. When it stopped at the top, he looked at me with those fierce green eyes and that all-encompassing intensity of his. All the noises of the boardwalk faded into silence and the bright lights died away. I swear that stare of his laid me so bare, I felt like a ripe banana, he just peeled. The wind picked up and that stinking ferris wheel carriage started swaying back and forth, making my stomach feel as uncomfortable as my mind.

Would Drew try and make a move on me? Would he kiss me? And more importantly, considering how broken and dead I am inside, would I actually want him to?

He leaned closer, then closer still, until he was just inches from my face. Deep down inside, I felt something ignite. It was a slow burn, just a spark, mind you. But enough for me to know if I gave place to it, it could quickly turn to flames. I didn't think it was possible for me to feel this or want to feel this, with anyone, ever again. But there it was; desire. I wanted Drew. I wanted Drew to kiss me and reignite that desire inside me, more than I wanted my next breathe. Unfortunately, this revelation came a little too late. Because it was then I realized, Drew hadn't been leaning in to kiss me, at all. He was only leaning towards me to get a closer look at something down below us, on the boardwalk. What an idiot I am! 

“What is it Drew?”

“On your left, below. Man in the brown leather jacket.”

“Um, yeah?”

“Subcompact Glock 27, right breast pocket. It's a common off-duty cop weapon, but I'll keep an eye on him, all the same.”

That's what I get for thinking GI Drew was about to kiss me, or relax, even for a second. It was pretty much at that point, I longed for nothing more than a ride to take my idiotic ass, home.

 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry can't participate - January 2 is the IWSG post day. (And I don't have any scenes that are anywhere close to a kiss.)
    Have a great Christmas, Jaybird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex! Ironically, I just finished my IWSG post- I'm doubling down on posts that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds fun. I've never done a blogfest link up before. I'll have to think about it!

    That was a fun excerpt :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your absolutely wonderful family! Hope the girls got everything on their lists :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kianwi! Those little stinkers do quite well for themselves, let me tell you, LOL

      Delete
  4. I LOVED your entry from last year and I'm going over to Frankie's right now to sign up.

    Hope you have an awesome holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! It's a great blog fest.

      Delete
  5. P.S. The link to Frankie's site is coming up that the site doesn't exist. I'm going to try to Google her, but I thought I'd let you know to post another link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sure I did something wrong (as usual I'm challenged when it comes to linking). I will see if I can fix it. Thanks for the head's up!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Jaybird! I'm a few days late in checking out the entries for the No-Kiss Blogfest, but late is better than never!

    I hope you enjoyed the blogfest! This is my third year participating, and I'm always impressed by the entries. :) Including yours! Thanks so much for sharing with us! This was a cute scene, and it sure sounded like a date to me! ;) Boardwalk...Ferris wheel... *sigh*

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for popping in Wendy Lu. I have participated for two years now and I love it too! So fun.

    This was my entry from last year, although it makes me sad to read it now that we no longer have the boardwalk setting after Hurricane Sandy destroyed the Jersey Shore. Hopefully they will be able to rebuild it.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete