About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

Manic Mondays

Ah, Mondays. Total chaos in my house. Any morning wherein we all must rush to get ready, not very popular over here at the Bird's Nest. But Monday mornings after Thanksgiving break, are TORTURE!!
This little fur baby is very fortunate that she's so cute.

When I woke up this morning, two of my girls started hollering that they were fresh out of clean unders!! *I'd like to take a moment to thank my two thoughtful girls for waiting until a half an hour before school starts to tell me such an important little detail.* Thank God I am prepared for such emergencies and extreme cases of laziness. Because sadly, these situations are not uncommon, I have taken to keeping a secret stash of  brand new undies, just in case. But it's early and I'm freaking tired and it took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit to remember where I hid my stash. My oldest,  although receiving five stars for having clean underwear, held us up with what I'll refer to as a major "wardrobe malfunction" Seeing as this kid is completely anal a bit fussy, she picks out her outfits close to three weeks ahead of time. It threw her into a tissy and a bit of a panic attack when she thought she must change. Needless to say, I had to bust out a needle and thread (which is never a good thing) and was able to temporarily fix what was broken. It's not up to her high standards but it will have to do. And, when she has the need to take those pants off, someone will have to cut her out of them. Meanwhile, because this is my life, the cat found her way onto my kitchen island and ate about half a pound of chocolate chip cookies that Faith had baked last night. Of course, cats don't do well with chocolate, which resulted in her filling her litter box with ungodly sights and smells. There was no waiting. Her litter box and backside had to be taken into the yard and hosed off with the power washer. And, on top of all these fun and games, The Husband, who is roughly the equivalent of a Sherman Tank and rarely (if ever) gets sick, has finally succumbed to some kind of plague and is currently laid up and completely miserable. All of the chaos and yelling and demonic litter box smells were doing him NO favors. Arggh!! Now, we were really running behind on time  and had to run to catch the school bus. If I had looked in the mirror before running out the front door, I might have been able to catch the fact that I never  put on a bra or brushed my hair, I had yesterday's black eye liner smeared on one eye but not the other, and the remains of the cat's litter box, sand blasted all over the bottom of my jeans !@! By the sheer grace of God, we caught the bus. And the stares of the bus driver, aide, and all of my girls' classmates caught the spectacle that was me....To think, all of these fun and games happened before 7:00 a.m and Jaybird's first cup of coffee.  

Hope everyone else is having a much better start to their day than I did. Happy Manic Monday Everyone!!

19 comments:

  1. No matter what else happens to me today, I'll just be thankful it was not your morning's chaos!
    And just how does one hose off a cat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very carefully. She was NOT happy. She hates taking a bath. But she desperately needed it.

      Delete
  2. Oh man! You should've taken a picture of your face and hair to put in the post. That would've really brought it home. :)

    Glad the kids got on the bus and I hope your honey gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, that picture would have made your eyes bleed. I was a SIGHT! I couldn't believe how bad it was when I really looked at myself later on when I got back in the house.

      And The Husband is already feeling better. I swear he is a tank! Because now I have it and feel like I'm gonna fall over and die.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, what a day! Hopefully everything will calm down again and tomorrow will get off to a better start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra! Typical start to a crazy week.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a morning. Is this a bad time to say I woke up nice and early to get a head start on my day and things are going great for me on this Monday? I hope your husband (and cat) feel better soon and you get some much deserved rest. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings like this one, pushes me one step closer to HOME SCHOOLING!! LOL I envy you that freedom Ilima, that's for sure. Especially on Monday mornings.

      Delete
  5. Before 7:00 AM!! You are a saint. Now I feel guilty about grumbling on about how my daughter has to get to school early at 8:10 for crossing guard duty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exhausted Johanna! I'm NOT a morning person to begin with, but having to get three tweenage girls ready for school before 7:00 should be a new olympic sport, LOL!!

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a day! Your cat is adorable, even though it's kind of the devil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she the cutest? She is darn lucky I love her so stinking much. Smelly baby that she is.

      Delete
  7. Monday mornings are always rough here, too. It is also the day I take my younger two to ECFE, so all five of us need to be ready to be seen in public, rather than just the two oldest. That makes it way more crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly does! So hard to keep everyone happy too. I almost always leave one of the girls not happy. Whether it's their outfits, their hair that day or their lunches, one of my spoiled girls always start complaining about something!

      Delete
  8. I have had many mornings like this when my kids were younger. I too have a secret stash...although, mine is of socks, which disappear like someone in my house is taking out repressed anger by disintegrating one sock from each matched pair. I swear one of the kids own a sock-laser we don't know about.

    Hope you got your coffee and some relaxation when you returned home. And I hope your poor husband feels better and that your cat stops doing unnameable things to its litter box. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunty safety pins her kids' pairs of socks together before she puts them in the washer/dryer. No more one lost sock!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Tamara, everything is basically back to "normal" now. LOL

      And oh my gosh Mel I love that idea!

      When Frankie was very little we used to tease her saying her mob name would be "Frankie one sock". She is forever losing one sock. Even when she was a baby, she would always manage to pull one off, and lose it. :)

      Delete
  9. It's Wednesday and I'm just catching up BUT your Monday this week out does anything I've read recently. Sorry to admit but that was freakin' hilarious. Of course, it's only funny because it's someone else and not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faraway! Yes, now that it's Wednesday, I have to agree it was hilarious. ON Monday, not so much, LOL

      Delete