About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

If I Let You Go, "Letting Go" Blog Hop

 
 
YAY! Today is the fun and fabulous Kyra Lennon's If I Let You Go Blog Hop. Kyra kept the rules  simple- ((1) your entry must be about letting go  and (2) you must try to keep it to a 500 word maximum. I just love blog fests like this, don't you? I can't wait to jump around and read all of the other submissions. I have to go to work so whoever I can't get to right now, I'll catch up with later.
 
Here's my entry:
 
My eyes drifted from the breathtaking horizon and zeroed in on your mouth. I marveled at how smoothly the lies slid from those lips. I allowed myself a moment to recall how good they tasted. Even though I knew the second they started moving, it was over.
 
There really is no one like you. Your long golden hair all wind-blown from your sail. And your eyes, those crystal clear blue eyes. I could get as lost in their depths, as you could in the deep blue sea surrounding us. Despite all of the guys standing on the dock waiting for you, you reached out and pulled me close. Naturally, we started to dance. As you twirled me around, I thought, my God, you were my sun! But I, I was just one of the many planets that revolved around you.
 
 
Oh, how desperate I was to loose myself in this moment. I wanted to close my eyes and breathe you in and not care. I wanted to kiss those salty, beautiful lips and pretend they didn't spew forth falsehoods. I wanted to keep our bodies pressed together and go on dancing with you forever. I never, ever, wanted to let you go. It's killing me knowing what I must do. It will sting when I walk away and for that, I am truly sorry. But unlike me, you'll recover. Another planet quickly moving in, filling up my empty space.
 
Your eyes twinkle with mischief as you twirl me again and suddenly, I'm knocked off my feet. We fall in a tangled heap of limbs and laughter onto the sand. As I catch my breath, you smile and stare into my eyes. Slowly, gently, you brush the hair away from my face. You tighten your grip around me and press your body even closer to mine. When you look at me like that, everything else around us just falls away. For a moment there is only us in the entire universe. Your deep voice is so fierce it comes out sounding more like a growl, when you say, "I love you". And in that moment, I almost believe you. Then I can't help myself from tasting those lips, one last time. Unable to resist the siren sounds of your friends and the sea calling any longer, you jump up and take off down the beach.
  

As I watch you go, I grab a fist full of sand and try to hold on. But it slips through my fingers, like time.



 
 

56 comments:

  1. This was both beautiful and a little sad. And well written. That's a great ending line. Packs a strong punch.

    "Your long golden hair all wind-blown from your sail. And your eyes, those crystal clear blue eyes."

    It's like you just looked through the computer and described me to a T! ...Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! Really value your opinion, so this means a lot.

      And, lol about me describing you! It's really not ok for guys to be that pretty anyways. No good ever comes of it. :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent writing, jaybird! Really moving!

    Thanks for being a part of the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Kyra. And thank you for hosting.

      Delete
  3. Excellent! Better to let that one go though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. And yes- it was better to let him go. Still hurt though :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I've got chills. And I love how it's addressed to him. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Ilima! You made my day. At first, I wasn't too sure how this was going to translate onto paper. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. The description was so jarring. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect. I think we've all had one like that, hard to let go, but happier when we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. They really help you grow up. At least, that's what happened with me. Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I never met your "sweet, ridiculously talented and beautiful" sister but from what I read above, you're pretty ridiculously talented yourself. I'm sure she's very proud of you. I'm getting a little teary-eyed writing this and we have never met. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dani..my heart goes out to you, for your brother, AND your story about your painful divorce. Isn't blogging funny that way, you feel like you know someone, without ever having met! *Hugs*

      Delete
  8. Really great job. Rings so true. You definitely have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be careful...those kind of men are dangerous and should come with a warning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth! And, yes, they definitely should. But I wouldn't go back in time and change a thing. It made me who I am today. Very weary and distrustful! LOL

      Delete
  10. It is said It is better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all. With a guy like this, I guess that is the best you can hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story and great to meet you too today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and wonderful to meet you too Suzanne!

      PS: Just a bit of HJ stalker trivia, did you know that you and Hugh Jackman's wife, Debra, and you share the same last name? Furness! Cool, huh?

      Delete
  12. That was some fantastic writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saying hello from the blog hop...I really felt the emotions of the narrator. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia- Glad you stopped in! And thank you.

      Delete
  14. Nice story. Like how I know it's a mermaid altho you never say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool. You are the only one who thought of that twist!

      Delete
  15. Lovely job, girl! This was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaycee. I'm so glad you liked it. I wasn't sure if I could quite capture the emotions I felt into words. I guess I was able to, after all.

      Delete
  16. That was a really beautiful story, making for a great stop in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael! Thank you so much for stopping in and the follow. So glad to meet you- and happy you enjoyed my entry.

      Delete
  17. Damn those excellent liars! I've known a few ;)

    Great writing, so emotive and beautifully descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trisha- thanks so much for stopping in and commenting.

      And yeah, beautiful liars suck. Although, they do help you really appreciate a good guy, when you finally find one.

      Delete
  18. Bittersweet moments and unrequited love... I could almost feel the mixture of hope and disappointment at the end...
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle- I really appreciate all of your kind comments. Thank you so much for stopping in!

      Delete
  19. Glad I stopped by today, beautiful story. So much in only 500 words. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day with your comment! Thanks Faraway!!

      Delete
  20. This was lovely, it really conveyed the emotion well, and was really well written. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Very moving and poetic. This was fabulous, Jaybird! You are a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kianwi. You are going to make me blush.

      Delete
  22. Really nicely done. I love the analogy of the sun and planets. Though I think she is better off getting out of his orbit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nick-thanks so much. And, yep. I was much better off without him.

      Delete
  23. Aww, this is beautiful but sad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was trying to capture in the emotions. Glad you liked it Lynn!

      Delete
  24. This piece is stunning and emotional. Great job.

    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeia- you are very generous. Thank you. I truly appreciate your feed back!

      Delete