About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Fact or Fiction

Hello All. It's been a long time since I've posted a traditional Friday Fact or Fiction. I may have mentioned a time or two or ten, that I've been caught up in doctor's appointments and other such unpleasantness this month. Those appointments, inspired this week's theme. I wrestled with sharing some of these stories. Ultimately, I decided I wouldn't be me if I didn't attempt to write some of this stuff down. So here it is. But a little warning to all of the men in my blogging life: I love you, but you might want to stop reading now. This post is all about the gyno.

#1. Jaybird is currently considering pressing criminal charges against an ultrasound machine. Recently, while undergoing a trans-vaginal ultrasound, she May or May Not have SNEEZED.  Lord Have Mercy!!

#2. At her last appointment, the ob-gyn's flexible light fixture May or May Not have been  co-operating with Jaybird's doctor. He must have twisted and bent that beotch into a couple of hundred different positions, before he was thoroughly and completely satisfied it was illuminating every last nook and cranny of her business! Jaybird decided she must have a magical vag because her doctor felt the need to call two interns to come inside the already hot, crowded and claustrophobic room to inspect it. There must be unicorns and rainbows up in there, because not only did her doctor encourage his colleagues to take a closer look, but he May or May Not have urged them to take notes. Now all of that twisting and turning of the light fixture in an attempt to take a closer look May or May Not have taken its toll on that lamp. Because it was at this moment the light bulb exploded with a loud "pop" sending sparks and tiny shards of glass raining down all over Jaybird's lady parts and the very last shred of her dignity.

#3. Jaybird May or May Not have received a call from her doctor, who she's been going to for close to  twenty years (and who delivered all three of her kids), to come to his office right away. After a few weeks of  taking never-ending tests, Jaybird thought, oh crap, he must have the results and the news is real bad. Nervous as heck, she went into her doctor's office to face the music. But instead of telling her she was going to die, (like she had imagined) he May or May Not have started to tell her a few things about himself. (1) He recently got divorced (2) He just purchased a Porsche  (3) How would she feel about "taking a ride" with him!?!

There you have it. Three mortifying experiences at the gyno. If any of you are still with me, let me say (1) bravo and (2) please vote on which of these three stories you believe are Fact or Fiction. Anyone brave enough to share your own ob-gyn humiliations?  As always, thank you for participating in my crazy life a/k/a Friday Fact or Fiction. I'll be posting the truth/answers on Saturday :)

17 comments:

  1. I think I read those through closed eyes. Can I randomly pick number two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave man! And yes, of course, you may randomly pick, I think that's the only way to go with my FFF posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm saying #3 is fiction, and for your sake, I hope #2 is fiction also! I know I wouldn't want tiny bits of glass exploding over me!
    Take care, Jaybird. I hope everything turns out the best that it can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you (because your posts are so great I forget by the time I reach the comments) I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fact-fiction-fiction. At least for your sake I hope so. Otherwise I'd think you'd never go back to see a gyno...yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ilima- thank you for always taking part in my crazy FFF posts! Check back tomorrow to get the whole truth of these humiliating situations...

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for guessing and always participating in my FFF Rachel!

    And thanks for the well wishes. I'm almost done with all of the testing, and so far, this week's results were actually very good! So, yay!

    Jaycee DeLorenzo did the header for me, she's the best. All of her designs are beyond fabulous. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with number two. With all the rising healthcare costs, I'm sure they aren't replacing those lights until they fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- isn't that the truth? Great point Jenn!

      Delete
  8. Well, I hope everything turns out okay for you!

    As for the numbers, I'm really hoping #2 and #3 aren't true (and #1 too because I bet that wouldn't be fun), but I'm still going to go with #2 as the fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Yep, no fun. Not like it's ever a walk in the park at the gyno though is it? LOL

      Delete
  9. I'm hoping #3 is fiction, otherwise, way inappropriate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite inappropriate. And not to mention, um, way GROSS!

      Delete
  10. Oh no! Well, I go with the first two as fact and the last as fiction. I hope everything turns out okay. I recently had a bunch of tests done too, but would it be weird to say it was a lovely experience with a very informative ultra-sound tech? I go for the dreaded mammogram later this month. I already hurt thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing what us women must go through, just to stay pro-active and healthy? I'm very happy to hear your experience was positive with the ultrasound. And best of luck with your mammo. Wish they would come up with a better way to check out breasts than that stinking mammo- something a little less squishy would be a great start!

      Delete
  11. Aww, you're so brave. I hope 3 is true, because I like to think they've found nothing bad on your test results. I hope 2 is fiction, because ouch, glass down there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I don't think I'm brave about my tests, at all. More like a giant squawking chicken! LOL But thank you! And thanks for always participating Clare! xo

      Delete