About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Awards & Pictures of The Bat Cave

Hey guys. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Tammy Theriault, for gifting me the Liebster Award and to Clare Dugmore for One Lovely Blog Award. I really do appreciate your confidence in me ladies! Thank you. I am going to do my best to get to them  and answer all the questions in a minute. 
This was, by far, the coolest cave I have ever explored.
Throughout this post, I am going to place pictures of Penn's Cave in Centre Hall, PA. A/K/A The Bat Cave. The fam and I had the opportunity to go there recently and I'm still a bit in awe of it. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Just a little reminder, there is still time if you'd like to enter in my giveaway- just leave me a comment on my 100 Followers & Celebration post, telling me who your fav superhero is and why,  before this Friday, October 26th. Good luck, and thanks again to everyone who made my numbers soar!!
I was, of course, scared shizless getting into this tiny boat with my extra large self, The Husband and three kids.
So glad I didn't wuss out though, because it was amazeballs down there.


Now for the One Lovely Blog Award, I must tell you seven facts about myself. Lord haaave mercy!I tell you people everything already. You know more about me than my momma. Because I whine  write all  about it here. I struggled with finding seven things I haven't already dumped on you already. I think, you don't know this yet:

They threaten you not to touch ANY of this, under penalty of major fines and more threats.
 (Yet our boat must have hit the sides of the cave a thousand times, LOL.)
1. I really, really wanted to touch those cave walls.
2.The Husband swears I said "I love you" first. And I think NOT. It was totally him.We fight all the time over who, in fact, said it first.
3.When I was in high school I won first place in the Science Fair by writing a science fiction story. Many a science geek who spent weeks slaving over their experiments, wanted to stone me for it. But I was never more proud of myself :) 
4. No matter how many sit ups I do, I've come to the conclusion the only six-pack I'm ever gonna have, is  if I go buy one at the store.
5.I am in dire need of  CPs (or betas) that have a warped sense of humor, can tolerate cussing, inappropriate content, my neurosis and a bunch of spelling and grammatical errors. Interested? Anyone? Bueller? Yep. That's what I thought.
6.In high school, I negotiated a deal with one of my gym teachers. I graded all of his health papers and typed all of his reports, in exchange for me never having to get sweaty, mess up my perfect, huge 80's hair or embarrass myself by attempting to play a sport.
7. When I watched this you-tube video for the first time, I peed a little. I love you Tracey, and I really hope your push up bra helped you get your man back:)


Here are the The Liebster Blog Award rules:
1. Answer the blogger’s eleven questions.
2. Think of eleven questions of your own.
3. Choose eleven worthy bloggers (who have fewer than 200 followers) to interview and pay it forward.

Questions (I must answer)
1. If you could have any animal for a pet, which would it be and why? I would want an elephant. But only if they could shrink it down to cat size, so it could sit on my lap and stuff. Elephants are my favorite. They are super intelligent, protective and overall amazing.
2. Where would you travel to just so you could use it as a location in a story?  Argh! this is a hard one. I'd love to go to so many places. But I'd probably pick Italy. (Like I need more crazy Italians in my life..LOL)
3. Before you start writing, do you have a routine you do?  I must have three things to write properly. My cat, my music, and copious amounts of coffee. Then I'm good to go.
4. If you could interview one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Jesus.
5. If you could design anything, what would it be? My own place to hang out. Like a coffee shop/book/muisic/comic book store. Jaybird's Coffee, Books & Other Cool Shiz.
6. Pretend you won 1 million dollars and you were giving half of it to a charity, which would you pick?  OK, this is incredibly hard. I have so many I am  involved with and love. Probably a tie between the Atlantic City Rescue Mission and Open Door Pregnancy Center. My heart goes out to the homeless, and the pregnant girls with no where to turn.
7. What was you favorite subject in school and why? English. The homework was to read. Catcher in the Rye, Great Gatsby, Brave New  World, Lord of the Flies, Dorian Gray.... Really?  Best. Homework. Ever!!
8. If you had to pick a person that impacted or changed your perspective, who would it be and what was it they did or said? My beautiful friend Comfort. She is from Ghana, Africa. Comfort, has lived through some stuff, and yet, she is the happiest person I have ever met. I  love everything about her. Her smile lights up my life!! I want to be just like her when I grow up. She is made of AWESOME. 
9. Do you have a favorite line from a movie that you tend to use?  Holy crow, so many! Everything from "Your killing me smalls" The Sandlot to. Never give up! Never surrender! From Galaxy Quest, whenever my kids say, "I can't."
10. Remember boardgames? Which were you the best at?  Encore is probably my favorite.  I usually win because I love music and know a crap ton of lyrics to sing.
11. What is your favorite music video...you know, when they use to be popular? :)
Um, I'm so old I remember when MTV first started. They had three videos on rotation. Two of them were Tom Petty. My favorite video from back in the day was Devo. Those crazy hats and costumes were the shiz.

Random bit of awesome: The only other boat we passed in the cave, was full to the brim with  Korean Gospel Singers!
They were singing a rendition of "How Great Thou Art"  that was so beautiful, I burst into tears.
 
I'm gifting the Liebster Blog Award to:
Totally Cheating  Here: Anyone who has less than 200 followers, and wants it!!  
 
My 11 Questions for you are:
1. What is the blog you look forward to reading the most?
2. What do you do to relax?
3. Describe your perfect date.
4. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
5. When you were growing up, did you have any posters, and of who?
6.Best place you ever visited.
7.Worst place you ever visited.
8. Favorite fairy tale.
9.Do you believe in love at first sight?
10.Best concert you've ever been to?
11.Can you cook? What's your best dish?
 
Sorry this post was so long. If you made it this far, thanks for hanging in there. Peace and Blessings!

15 comments:

  1. Great pics and an elephant as a pet, cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne- thank you for hanging and reading through this extra long post! You are a trooper.

      Delete
  2. Writing a science fiction story for your science fair project is the coolest thing ever. And you won! The Sandlot has got to be the most quotable movie ever. And Tracey is a hoot. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no choice- I'm crap at the rules of physics, chemistry or any other thing in science, unless I make it up myself. Like in my Sci Fi stories, Ha.

      Oh my gosh I laughed so hard when I saw that video. "He thinks he can resist this...he can't resist this!" LOL I wish I had that kind of confidence.

      Thanks so much for hanging to the end of this post Ilima. Peace and Blessings, Peace and Blessings! LOL

      Delete
  3. You won for a science fiction story? That's funny.
    Cave would be cool Bats, not so much.
    And I'll just go ahead and admit I said I loved my wife first. Skip the argument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew writing could get me out of doing any "real" work? Ha!

      Yeah, I was pretty worried about those bats. But they were sleeping, and not one of them so much as twitched while we were in there. (Thank God!)

      You would think The Husband would give it up already! I KNOW it was him. I would never have had the nerve to say it first. I think he just loves busting my chops about it.

      Delete
  4. Are you seriously looking for a CP? I am also. I can tolerate cussing, inappropriate content (what's that?) and spelling and grammar errors, unfortunately, I might not be too much help on the last one (a weak spot of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Seriously. I need at least one CP and a few betas that are not related to me, LOL. Although I feel compelled to admit, I'm really truly crap at spelling and grammar. Hit me up at this e-mail fvfbfn@verizon.net if you'd like to exchange, or get more info.

      Delete
  5. I think that's awesome you won with a science fiction story. Woot! I love the photos. Reminds me of one of the caves around here. My husband told me he loved me first. I don't know if he'd admit it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine, thanks! I still can't believe that I won. I wish I still had a copy of that story though. It was so long ago, BC (before computers, LOL) I don't know what happened to it.

      The cave was so cool to explore. Especially in a boat!

      Delete
  6. I love Elephants, too! And Encore, and Tom Petty! Nice picks. :)
    I would love to be a beta for you! Would you be willing to be a beta for me for a YA novella I'm curently revising?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rach.

      And I would be honored to be a beta for you! Just e-mail me at fvfbfn@verizon.net.

      I keep asking my sister to read stuff for me, and she hates it all. She read my entry for the Letting Go Blog Hop and told me that what I write is just too dramatic for her tastes!! At least I don't have to worry about her being dishonest, right? LOL

      Delete
  7. great answers!!! love it jaybird! and the pics are awesome. reminds me of when i use to live in el paso, tx. we would visit carlsbad caverns, nm. memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Tammy!! I really appreciate you gifting me the award.

      Delete
  8. Hey, there! I saw you already got one of these otherwise I'd have sent one your way today. I'd still be delighted to know your answers to my questions, though.

    ReplyDelete