About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2012

What's Your Chocolate Blog Hop


M. Pax, Laura Eno, Brinda Berry & Ciara Knight, what a fun idea for a blog hop! I mean, who doesn't love chocolate? The hardest part of participating in this hop, was trying to narrow down and pick my favorite chocolate experience to tell you about! Here's one of  my fav chocolate stories.

When my girls were very young, The Husband and I decided to take them to visit "The Sweetest Place on Earth", a/k/a  Hershey, Pennsylvania.  From the minute we checked into the Hershey Lodge, my girls were eating chocolate bars, hand over fist! Chocolate is everywhere in Hershey. Because of the chocolate factory, even the air in Hershey smells like chocolate.  It's fabulous.
Anyway, this was where my youngest, Francesca, discovered Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for the very first time. After her first taste of that epic chocolate/creamy peanut butter combination, she was hooked. For the rest of our trip, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, were the only thing she wanted to eat!

On our last morning of vacation, The Husband and I booked a special "character" breakfast for the girls, as a little surprise. Never in a million years did I imagine the reaction Francesca would have, when she saw the over-sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cup coming towards us. She started screaming, jumped up from the table and took off!  I ran after her and when I finally got her to stop, calm down, and tell me what was wrong, she cried and said, "That giant chocolate was coming to get me, because I  ate up of its little brothers!"  LOL

We love Hershey, and it's become a tradition in our family, to go back and visit  every year. Now that she's older, we tease the heck out of the poor kid for thinking that Reese's Peanut Butter cup was coming back to seek revenge. Here she is with one of her big sisters Faith- Thankfully, she's no longer afraid of the characters!

Happy "What's Your Chocolate" Blog Hopping Everyone! ~Jaybird

30 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Excellent reaction to the giant Hershey bar! We don't usualy get them over here, but in a town near mine, an American sweet shop has opened up, and they sell them. I must go and try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will gladly send you some! You must try a Reese's and a Hershey bar. They are both delicious!

      Delete
  2. Imagine smelling chocolate all of the time?
    Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell, but if I lived there, I would weigh twice as much as I do now! The street lamps down Hershey Avenue are all shaped like Hershey Kisses. It's a really fun town to visit.

      Delete
  3. Those poor Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I wonder how many of them have bitten-up ankles and knees from all of the morbidly obese American children mistaking them for walking food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that bad boy was real, I would have been the first one in line taking some bites at its ankles! LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. She thinks it's funny now, but when she was three years old, not so much.
      She really was convinced it was coming to get her. Poor kid was scared to death!

      Delete
  5. Bwahahahaha! I love the things kids do. That may be the best kid reaction ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After she was calm and we convinced her it was just a dude wearing a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup suit, I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone around us was cracking up too, because they all heard her.

      Delete
  6. I love Hershey, PA and peanut butter cups now that I think about it! Actually, now that I've really thought about it I'm pretty much like your kids when it comes to chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, I am very diligent about controlling the sweets/sugar intake with the girls (and myself), but when in Hershey- all bets are off! The mini-chocolate bars are the best, because we can sample a bit of everything, without getting sick.

      Delete
  7. It must have been fun to visit Hershey, PA. I live in Oregon, so don't get back east. But I can still get my chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen- It really is a great place to visit. (For the kids and the adults) Thanks for the comment and the follow!

      Delete
  8. Mmm. Chocolate and peanut butter. Funny story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilima- My other favorite place to eat chocolate is the Kona Chocolate Factory- the chocolate turtles are ah-ma-zing! I ate them on my honeymoon until I didn't quite fit in my bathing suit by the end of the trip. Oh, how I miss Hawaii!

      Delete
  9. Great choice! Loved your story, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a story! I laughed at your daughter's reaction! I've been to Hershey too. Hershey Kiss lamp posts and the divine smell. I wish I could afford going to the Hershey spa and bathe in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I would love to go to the spa and get a chocolate bath too! I've never been, it's too frou frou for The Husband and my family, we usually stay at the Hershey Lodge, or a nearby bed & breakfast, that's much more reasonable.

      Delete
  11. Oh, great. Now every tome I eat Reese's I'll be worrying about its siblings. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tim! Does it surprise you that the same child that personified the chocolate, is now a vegetarian? LOL Guess I should have seen that one coming, way back when... Thanks for popping in and commenting!

      Delete
  12. This sounds like a great place to take your kids on a trip- educational and fun at the same time. Reading your description made me think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh it is so fun-we love it there. And, it is a little magical, taking a kid to a chocolate factory. I guess it is kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...just substitute Milton Hershey for Willy Wonka! LOL

      Delete
  13. its such a nice & Awesum blog provide info
    hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait to read more from you!
    for more plz visit
    debt management

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids are very sensitive to chocolate. They get hyper. My youngest gets mean. No way we would be able to go there. Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun place. Hard to avoid the chocolate eating however, so I understand why you would avoid it. Thanks for commmenting!

      Delete
  15. Hershey was a chocloate bar my dad absolutely loved in Canada. Not one we have over here in the UK though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hershey chocolate is inexpensive, but doesn't taste like it. I guess that's why I like it so much! LOL Pity they don't sell them across the pond. Thanks for popping in and commenting Madeleine-

      Delete
  16. I'd love to visit Hershey, PA. I love Hershey's chocolates.

    I can imagine I'd probably scream too if I were a little girl seeing that.

    ReplyDelete