About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thank You and Laine Blogger Award

Hey Guys: Sorry I  went MIA but these past few weeks have been very hard on me health wise.  I had a huge set back and had to pull the plug for a bit. Please know that I really missed reading each and every one of your blogs. When I'm sick and unable to communicate online, it makes me feel so sad and literally disconnected. I count on you all more than you know. Some of your blogs make me laugh, some make me cry, some encourage and help me with my insecurities about writing, but the one thing you all have in common, is that you lift my spirits. I don't like taking anything for granted, and that goes for you too. So thank you very much for the gift of your blogs.

I'm hoping now that the summer season is over and the girls are back at school, life will calm down for me. Ha! I can't even type that sentence with a straight face because I'm looking at my calendar, and the month of September is already full of things I have to do. By the way, every one of them are things I'd really like to avoid, but sadly, can not.

After dodging certain invasive testing for as long as possible, I know I must now face the music and my cowardice. Lucky me, I will be spending most of September getting poked, prodded and overall having, not so much fun. In any event, I will be in and out of it for awhile, but will do my very best to bounce in and comment and keep up with what's going on here on the blog-o-sphere.

And now the fabulous Miss Kianwi, at Simply She Goes gifted me with this :

 
The Laine Blogger Award is about Beauty. Even though I am not feeling very beautiful at the moment, I'm trying to bring my beautiful back, so I gladly accepted this! The rules for this one are simple:

1. Answer the questions (the same ones I've answered.)
2. Pass the award along to 5 other bloggers

1. What is your current beauty obsession?
Probably my MAC Hey Sailor Red Racer Lipstick. When I put that red color on my lips, it makes me feel all kinds of  sassy.

2. What is the one beauty item you wish you owned?
I wish I owned my own ULTA store.  I want it all. Muaah!!
 
3. What is your favorite topic to read about?  As much as I love fantasy and Sci Fi, I am also crazy about biographies. I love people! The good, the bad and the ugly. Human nature fascinates me.

4. What inspired you to become a blogger? I had the privilege of attending a class given by the talented and super sweet romance author Donna Fletcher. She suggested that if I didn't already have a blog, I should start one immediately. I had (and still have) absolutely no idea why anyone would want to read what I have to say, but for some reason, people did and still do :)  

5. What nail polish are you wearing now? My girls and I were feeling the PINK this week.
 
 
And now I pass this award on to:
 
Clare Dugmore
Jaycee DeLorenzo
Kyra Lennon
Sporkgasm and:
Faith's A Foodie (Because I'm her momma. And I can.)
 
 
Zero pressure by the way. Do not feel obligated to post this. But know that I think you all of you are beautiful!! Inside and Out.


22 comments:

  1. *hugs* Sorry you haven't been feeling well lately! Take all the time you need to get back on your feet! <3

    Thanks for the tag, I'll try to remember to post next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be ok, just not a lot of fun for the next few weeks. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about all the poking and prodding! That's never fun. We have missed you and hope you feel good again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. I'm just NOT looking forward to some of those tests. But, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

      Delete
  3. I've been worried about you. Good luck with all the icky medical stuff this month. You are still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but we're glad to see you back. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're okay and love the pink nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. The girls and I love to paint our nails together. Usually, we wind up liking the same colors too.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Best of luck with everything you have to get done this month. I hope it turns out well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rach! Thank you so much. Here's hoping for good results!

      Delete
  7. We all have you in our thoughts. I'm glad you're finally feeling a bit better. Getting well is far more important than reading our blogs and writing yours. Take care of yourself.

    And thanks for the award!!! I'll do a post about it next week some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Have fun this weekend. Oh, how I miss Santa Cruz!

      Delete
  8. Aww, thank you! And you're very beautiful, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I feel and look like I'm about 100 lately. I'm trying to remedy that. Hopefully, in the next few weeks I'll be able to.

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear you're unwell, and that you're having to go in for testing. I hope it isn't too horrible, and that the doctors find a way to help.

    I'll miss you, but your health has to come first. Just hang in there, I'll be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

    LOVE the new look of your blog, it's so pretty (much like it's owner ^_~), and also love your answers to the Laine Blogger Award. There's something so great an empowering about red lipstick, isn't there?

    Thanks for passing the award on to me. :D

    Feel better, and good luck with the testing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare- no matter what, you never fail to lift my spirits! Thank you so much. Really, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

      I thought my blog needed a new Fall look. Lord knows I do! Wish it was that easy and cheap to change on me! LOL

      Delete
  10. Take your time returning to the Blogosphere. You have the legitimate excuse of feeling unwell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much- can't tell you how much I appreciate all support and positive comments. The people here on the Blogosphere are all kinds of awesome!

      Delete
  11. I'm so sorry you've been having a hard time of it lately. Even though the testing is a pain, it's necessary for getting on the road to being healthy, right? Good job for scheduling it, even though you don't want to!

    I love Ulta, too! Such a fun store to poke around, isn't it?

    Great photo of lots of pretty pInk toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh my gosh I am a Ulta ho. That place is amazing. So much make-up, so little time..LOL

      Delete