About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

Ninja Captain's Genre Favs Blogfest


Thanks to the Ninja Captain for hosting this fun Blogfest. I love DIVERSITY. Whether it's the people I hang out with, what I read, watch or listen too.  But here are a few of my favorites:

Music: I love music and listen to all kinds. Hard rock, classical, rap, reggae, show tunes, opera, jazz and alternative. The only music I'm not a huge fan of is country. But if I like an individual song or artist, I may listen to that too. I guess my favorite genre would have to be Alternative, because I listen to that the most. As I'm writing this blog post, I'm listening to Switchfoot- Dark Horses is the song playing right now :)

Movie:  Again, I love movies! All kinds. Foreign, black and white, Action Adventure, Sci Fi, Romantic Comedy, Musicals, Thrillers, Suspense, Kung Fu. The only thing I'm not too fond of, (don't hate me) is horror movies. Only because I'm a giant chicken and if something looks like I'm going to loose sleep after watching it, sorry but I have to skip it.  Those of you who know me well, won't really be too surprised by what I pick here:

I could watch Wolverine, all day every day and NEVER get bored.

Book:  Gah! This was one of the hardest. (And again, I love them all) Fiction/Non-Fiction, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Mystery, YA, NA, Biographies, Paranormal, Romance, Steam Punk, Classics...and the list goes on and on. I could wander around a book store or the library for hours picking stuff  from every shelf! As long as I'm reading, I'm happy! If I have to choose, my favorite book would have to be The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien.

As for my guilty pleasure, if I'm going to the movies or at home reading,  I must have is this: my kettle corn and Dr. Pepper! Best snack ever.
Anyone notice the nice slice towards the bottom of the bag? That's so my hand could have better access once I get down to the bottom of this ginormous bag. LOL
 Can't wait to hop around and read all about your favorites. Thanks again to Alex, for hosting this fun blog hop. Happy Hopping!

31 comments:

  1. Kettle Corn is awesome! Alternative is an excellent choice. Enjoy the Switchfoot.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Alex. Your hops are always fun!

      Delete
  2. I'm all about the diversity too, but you made some excellent choices here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country music-boo. Yay to all the rest, esp. alternative. And yay for all movies except horror! And I can read ALL the books too. You and me both, babe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very eclectic too ... this blogfest is fun but it wa shard to come with a choice! hehe
    I like yours choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of country music either. My dad, who is kind of a music snob, raised me to believe country music was an oxymoron. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's too funny. The Husband is a HUGE country fan, so when we go on long trips in the car, it's always a battle. I can listen to just about anything, but country for hours, is like a fresh hell for me!

      Delete
  6. Great and interesting choices. I'm stealing you bag slitting idea. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It really works. Helps keep your wrists clean too! HA.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Jaybird,

    Thanks for your warm and friendly comment at my blog. I think a woman who has such diverse tastes is fantastic. It shows you are totally well rounded and appreciate all aspects of life! And having that talent can only add to an author's talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michael! You're very welcome. Thanks for the follow and commenting. I loved your choices.

      Delete
  8. It's funny, I refer to myself as a musical omnivore...EXCEPT for country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo. Another non-country girl like me. The Husband keeps trying to get me to like it, but after fifteen years, it still hasn't happened! LOL

      Delete
  9. I laughed when I saw Wolverine - how did I know you'd tie good old Hugh into your post? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I had to give props to my boy! Can't pick a favorite without HJ in it- LOL

      Delete
  10. I don't like Kung Fu, but I loved Kung Fu Panda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have listed Kung Fu/Bruce Lee movies as my guity pleasure! They are so funny to watch. And Kung Fu Panda was awesome!

      Delete
  11. Yay! Another person that is too much of a chicken to watch horror movies. haha. I just don't get the draw. They're dark and depressing and leave me feeling like I swallowed prickly burrs. I do, however, like reading horror. Especially Stephen King. I can tone it down in my head to something I can handle. haha.

    I also LOVE the Jersey shore (I know it's not in the blogfest but i cheated and read your profile) I used to go to Wildwood or Ocean City almost every weekend. But then we moved to GA. Sigh. I miss the Jersey shore. It was always a fun weekend.

    I write YA paranormal too. :) I like your site so I thought I'd follow you. I'd love it if you'd stop by and say hi! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamara! Thank you so much for the follow and the comments.

      I don't know why I can read and write horror, but not watch it either! It's so weird, right? My friends always tease me about it too.

      I love living at the Jersey shore! I have the best of everything, right here. Beautiful beaches a few minutes away, yet I can get to Philadelphia in an hour or NYC in an hour and a half. Such a great location! There's always something to do.

      I'm always happy to meet and make new writer friends! Welcome to the Bird's Nest.

      Delete
  12. Some great choices, but I cannot say that about the Dr Pepper. It did go on sale here for a while in Australia, but just did not appeal to the Aussie palate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I dated an Aussie once who kept trying to get me to eat/like vegemite, but I think you must be born there, to appreciate that taste! LOL

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie! I LOVE that kettle corn. As soon as I tried it, I was hooked. Sweet and salty is the best snack.

      Delete
  14. Love Hugh Jackman. He actually did a good job in the movie, Australia, too. It didn't get a lot a good reviews here, but I liked it.

    Jay, I'm with you on horror. Hate zombies and I have a good friend who writes them and I have yet to finish reading it. Not because she's not a good writer, because she is, just I don't like them. I don't read horror or watch it,*shudders, and my guys love it. Mom finds other things to do, tyvm.

    I'm a cola girl when I drink it, which is occasionally, but love popcorn at the theaters. And Rasinettes.

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sia- So nice to meet you. Yes, I hate to admit it, but even if the movie is awful, if it has Hugh Jackman in it, I'd watch it. LOL

      My niece and my BIL are huge zombie fans. They dress up and go to the zombie walks and everything, and always ask me to come because normally I'm all about getting dressed up, but something about it just freaks me out. Even though I know it's fake, some of that make-up and stuff is still super creepy and scares me! LOL

      Thank you so much for stopping in and commenting, as well as the follow. Welcome to the Bird's Nest!

      Delete
  15. Hello, Jaybird. It's good to meet you. As I horror writer I can totally understand you staying away from it. There's stuff in the genre that I would rather not see either. I like the chills and the genuine scares, but not the gore or torture stuff.
    I'm a rock n roll guy, too, who could do without country, so I loved your choice here.
    Thanks for sharing and wishing you and yours a great weekend!

    -Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete