About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's Your Childhood Monster?


Thanks to Christine Rains for hosting this fun (yet frightening) Blog Hop! Here's hoping I don't get more nightmares after reading about all of yours!

This hop is on-going from the 7th to the 9th- which is a great thing, because today is going to be cra-zy busy, and I won't be around much. I always try to read and comment on as many entries as  I can, so now I won't have to feel the pressure of cramming it all in, on one day. I plan on hitting everyone up slowly, over the next few days.  I'm really looking forward to it. Happy Hopping Everybody!

The room around me is bathed in light. But it doesn't matter. Neither the light nor the dark can quell my fear. At first, like a  good little girl, I tried telling. Ran straight to my parents, dragged them into my room and showed them.  Their response was not what I had anticipated. Later, when they thought I was asleep, I heard them saying awful things about me, like "wild imagination" and "maybe she would benefit from some counseling" and finally, "medication" I knew they would be of no help.

Next, I tried ignoring it and pretending they didn't exist. I pretended I didn't hear their insidious whispering. I pretended they didn't frighten me at all. None of that made a difference. There was nothing I could do. No  matter how hard I fight, every night, against my will, they still pull me in.

The closet in my bedroom, has a plain, simple, pine door. But don't let that fool you, because it's no ordinary door. When I stare at it, the patterns in the wood begin to swirl and change. That evil door morphs, and the faces of the most hideous demons peer through. They scratch and claw and reach out their arms, trying to pull me in. Ultimately, their goal is to drag me into their hell dimension. They want to turn me into a monster and trap me inside that door with them forever.

Every night, I've been tying myself to the bed with the thick rope Dad uses to anchor our boat, but that just makes them pull harder. I know what you are thinking: I AM crazy. If it wasn't true of me once, I'd certainly accept it could be true now. How much sleep can one kid loose, before they go insane?

Every night, the battle rages on. I know it's only a matter of time, before they pull me in. Would you be so kind and do me a favor, when I go missing? Could you please tell my parents where to look?

What do you see?





28 comments:

  1. Excellent story! Funny you should mention patterns in the door - the ceilings in my house had swirly patterns and I used to see things there lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always see more than I should. Maybe that's why I'm a writer? My crazy imagination, still getting the best of me. LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I always had an over-active imagination.

      Delete
  3. Yep. I see demons. Nice, creepy post. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ilima- it didn't matter how many times I tried to block it out, my imagination always got the best of me..still does :)

      Delete
  4. Brrrr. Creepy. Well done :)

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allison- thanks. It didn't take much for me to get frightened. I am, and always will be, a giant chicken.

      Delete
  5. Great story! So well written and quite creepy!!! Good job, missy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kianwi! I appreciate your support of my crazy. LOL

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Faraway! I spent too many nights up reading and letting my imagination run wild. Still don't sleep all that well. LOL

      Delete
  7. Nice writing, not my genre, but this blog hop is expanding my horizons. Thanks also for your comment on my entry!

    Alex (the other one)
    from A Heep of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alex! I appreciate the follow and the fact that you stopped in and commented. I think that's what I love most about blog hops, they can expand our horizons and follower base, right?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm officially creeped out. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was wonderfully creepy! That door looks exactly like the room doors in my house. Now I'm going to be staring at them funny! :) Thanks for sharing your monster with us and for helping promote my novella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Christine! Thanks for hosting this fun blog hop. I wish I was as smart as you, and thought to take the stupid door off of my closet! That would have solved my problem.

      Delete
  11. Very nice, but tell me, did you ever want to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian! Did I want to go? That's a great question. Maybe in my crazy imagination. But in real life, I'm a big fat giant chicken!

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  12. well my childhood monster wasnt esp specific but i was ho frightened of the dark , i just reckoned some unimaginable monster would pop up and harm me haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wild imagination has always gotten the best of me. My parents should have guessed I would turn out to be either (1) crazy or (2) a writer.
      Hmm. Maybe they are a bit of the same thing!

      Thanks for commenting Goku-

      Delete
  13. So great to *meet* you, one Jersey Girl to another! So far, this is my favorite post from the hop! You've gained a new follower and I'm looking forward to reading more.
    A2Z Mommy and What’s In Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy- Welcome to the Bird's Nest. I'm so happy to have you-us Jersey Girls really need to stick together!

      Thank you so much for the follow and the kind comments. I greatly appreciate it.

      Delete
  14. Ooh I like the description in this, it sounds like the basis for a great story line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had those doors in a few of the houses I lived in, and there are definitely faces! Ack!

    My monster: http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2012/08/childhood-monster-blog-fest.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shannon-I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw those faces. LOL

    ReplyDelete