About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 17, 2012

What I Did Yesterday, Show and Tell

Happy Friday All. These past few days have been cray-cray! So instead of doing my regular Friday Fact or Fiction post, I thought  I would do a little show and tell about what I did yesterday.

Hung out with Ben Franklin, my girls and my mom. (MIA from this picture: The Husband. He prefers to be behind the camera, instead of in front of it.)


Learned all about electricity. Received lots and  lots of electrical shocks.



Performed lots of experiments.


The girls were amazing at these experiments! They make me so proud. (I couldn't figure out how half of that shiz works!)


Tried to convince this dude he can stop working out  now.  He's done.


Followed the girls into the giant heart. But it was just  too claustro up in there for me-
so I had to punk out :(


Made lots of new friends, like  HALL, who is a ROCK STAR. We lurve him. See Faith's A Foodie's review about the food, later on, if you're interested in reading more on that.


Found out there are tools in space, as well as on earth.


Frankie was totally freaked out by this, "Do you think we are alone in the universe?" program.
Hmm, I'm predicting "alien" nightmares in our future... 




 Learned about "Black Holes" inside the Fels Planetarium.  This was very awesomely narrated by Qui-Gon Jinn a/k/a Liam Neeson (for all of you non-Star Wars geeks.)
Had quite a bit of  trouble seeing in the dark. Had to bust out the glasses...

BEST part of the day, for me (besides spending time with my family): getting a glimpse at the Dead Sea Scrolls! No flashes are allowed inside the exhibit, so these pictures are kind of dark. Also, after a certain point, (the bathtub) you are not allowed to take any photos at all.  I strongly encourage anyone who lives close enough, to go see this exhibit now, before it moves on. Here are just a few of the amazing artifacts you will see:

 

The girls really loved seeing this ancient Archer since they are all avid archers, themselves.

Sorry, no more photos are permitted, after the tub.

If you didn't guess what I did yesterday, I went to The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Farrah asked to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls, for her 10th birthday present. How cool is that? It was a stellar day. One I hope she remembers for a long, long, time.

Today is my mom's birthday, which we will be celebrating later on. The party never stops over here at the Bird's  Nest.What did you do yesterday? Have any great plans for the weekend? Whatever you choose to do, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast. I love that she asked to go there for her birthday. It's like my 2nd child who will plead and beg me in the produce section to buy him asparagus. Well...okay. :)

    Yesterday I cleaned and organized our library/school room. Not fun, but at least we're ready for homeschool to start. Well, physically, anyway. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish I was more organized and disciplined. If I were able, my girls would LOVE for me to home school them. Good luck with starting your new school year!

      Delete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Our big plans are for Sunday. We're going to Gen Con for Family Day. Hopefully the boy will have fun and won't be put off by the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such an amazing time! Can't wait to go back again.

      Have fun at Gen Con- Here's a little mom to mom advice: Whenever I had to go someplace crowded with the kids, in order to make them not as afraid (like in NY where it's packed) I would make up a game. Like, we pick one object and look for it or I'd say, count up all the boys you see in red shirts. They would count how many people they saw that fit that description, and forget that it was so crowded because they were focused on something else. Give it a try, it always worked for me!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had so much fun. What an interesting and educational birthday present. :D

    You all look super cute in the photos, and I love your blue handbag. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! My mom and I loved it as much as the kids- (The Husband is a giant kid, so we already knew he would love it.)

      Being surrounded by science, made Farrah's day. She absolutely loved every minute of it!

      Thank you very much for the compliment! I usually ruin all of the pictures, (according to the family, I make "crazy eyes" in every shot).

      And, I wore my favorite pattern- polka dots, which we know can be quite a risky choice. I'd like to think I worked it, this time around! LOL That handbag was very inexpensive, but I keep getting lots and lots of compliments on it. I think it's the color! But thank you, again.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, that guy doesn't need to lose any more weight.
    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's sad Alex? I've actually seen people that look just like that at the gym, but no one tells them to stop!

      And yes, our day was filled with fun! We could have stayed for another five hours and still not have been bored. It's like science heaven up in there. Black holes, super novas, robotics, physics, equations, puzzles, ancient biblical artifacts, it is chock full o' fun. My family loved it so much, we decided to buy a "Family Membership" so we can go back again and again.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely family! Your day out looked like so much fun :) I loved the picture of the skeleton haha excellent. Happy Birthday to your daughter and mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Catherine. It was a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that seems like such a fun day! I love all the happy smiles on your girls' faces. And another of your kids amazes me! I can't believe a 10 year old would want to go see an ancient exhibit for her birthday. You and your husband are obviously doing a great job of raising some unique and special individuals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. I try my very best to be a good parent, but I have to tell you, being a parent is the most humbling thing I've ever experienced. I always feel like I could be doing better or more, or there's something that I'm missing. Although I do think my girls are amazing too, I can't really take much credit; it's all the power of prayer :O

      Delete
  8. I'm with Kianwi on this one. You took your kids to a museum and they look like they're having the time of their lives. Parenting: you're doing it right!

    Also, most people might say Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones, but if I could have anyone narrate my life, it would be Liam Neeson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His voice is sick! It sounded so cool in that dark planetarium. I think I would have learned a whole lot more in science class, if he was my prof. LOL

      Delete
  9. What a fun day. Some really great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faraway! It was an awesome time.

      Delete