About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Really Like Your Scooters!

Yesterday afternoon, The Husband and my two "big" girls were sent into a WAWA to procure cold drinks and a giant coffee (for guess who). Frankie and I chose to stay in the van instead of going in the store. 

Of course, we heard them coming, long before we saw them. When the two custom, completely tricked out and meticulously shined to perfection Harley Davidsons and their ginormous, tattooed riders, came rip-roaring into the parking lot and pulled into the empty parking space next to me and my kid, I mean, who couldn't help but stare?  

When I saw Frankie's little finger reaching over to hit the down button on the power window, I had a bad feeling well up inside me. Surely, she wasn't going to, yep, she absolutely started to wave the bikers over  to our minivan. It was too late for me to stop it, and I sat their immobilized, just waiting for the shiz to hit the fan. Never in  a million years did I think my kid was going to lean her little body all the way out of my vehicle, just so she could enthusiastically shout out to these two leather clad road warriors:
                      Hi guys! I really like your scooters! 

Aaaaack!  I watched the faces on these two tough as nails dudes morph from shock and awe, to pure unadulterated joy. The larger of the two, who looked like he's seen his share of some hard time, shook his head and belly laughed for a full minute. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that they both took Frankie's well meaning yet enormous insult from the good, innocent place it was coming from. When they pulled it together, the large one replied, "Why, thank you,  Little Lady!"  And I breathed a very large, sigh of relief.

Of course, I found the look on The Husband's face when we pulled out of the parking lot and he saw those two wild and unsavory characters leaning over their Harleys, waving madly and shouting heart felt good-byes to his youngest,  PRICELESS. 

16 comments:

  1. Haha, that is SO cute! Biker dudes aren't all scary, but I can understand why you'd have been nervous, I would have been too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kyra! I do have friends that are bikers, but these guys were QUITE intimidating. They were definitely not from our area, and their tattoos boasted their gang affiliations. That had me kind of hyper-ventilating a little. I just wasn't sure how they were going to react to Frankie. Thankfully, they were great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's too funny. Kids are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story. That's one to remember, so cute. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this story. I have long been friends with big scary biker dudes. They are some of the most loving, quick to laugh, and great men I've ever known. I still wouldn't mess with them. Luckily, they all love me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Okay, that goes in the journal. That is so cute! Your children are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! That's just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of the mouth of babes. Been through that a few times.
    The last time was when the entire extended family met at grandmas for thanksgiving. As everyone stood, circling the table with hands clasped together, all quiet, my son points at my cousins belly and says, "Why she so fat?"
    Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the best, the best, the best! I love that story and I love your daughter! The bikers were pretty cool, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids will do it every time, fortunately they can get away with it. Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey pretty lady, I have an award for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent story Jay, thanks for sharing. Your kids are hilarious. And that's great that they took Frankie's comment as the good natured, innocent comment is was meant to be! :D

    Oh, by the way, I've tagged your in the Next Big Thing meme on my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'd be surprised how friendly and down to earth some of those biker guys can be. I find that the guys that ride Harleys that are absolute jerks are usually the more 'normal' looking guys. The nicer ones are the ZZ-top looking dudes with tats, full leather, and beards down to their ankles. Go figure, right?

    Awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful story, That was really good but i always feel scare to do such kind of tricks and fun, even i have stunt my scooter. How bikers do it? i just use my 125cc scooter for daily commute.

    ReplyDelete