About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 10, 2012

Are You Ready for SomeFootball- Friday Fact or Fiction

Hi Everyone! Before I get into my Friday Fact or Fiction post I am super excited to announce, that although I normally don't post on Sundays, this Sunday, (August 12th) I am making an exception to that rule. Because the fabulous Miss Kyra Lennon is going to be my guest at The Bird's Nest.  I'm happy to be one of her stops on her Game On blog tour. Please pop in and show her some love. Thanks!

For those of you new to this little game I like to play, here's the deal: On Fridays I like to leave you with  three stories, and you  (hopefully) would like to vote on which you think are FACT or FICTION. And if your still interested, I always post the truth on Saturday. This week's theme, is Are You Ready for Some Football?


#1The New York Giants are my favorite football team- I love nothing more than going to a home game. The only drawback to tailgating (for me) MAY or MAY NOT be the disgusting, dirty, Johnny-on-the-spots you have to use for a toilet, in the parking lot. 

I am a South Jersey girl, so it takes a good two hours to get to Giants Stadium. Which means, Jaybird is up at the crack of dawn and must drink buckets of coffee in order to pull it together and make it to the game on time. There is simply no way I can hold out, and NOT use a port-o-potty. They are smelly and skievy, but because there is no where else to go, they always have a HUGE line.  Once, when I could hold it no more- I found myself on one of those long lines, waiting.

Not only was it numbing, freezing cold, and windy, my girlfriend and I had to wait what seemed like forever for our turn to go. Finally, it was my turn, and to put it mildly, it was not a moment too soon. I guess I was in a bigger hurry than I thought, because I MAY or MAY NOT have fully locked the door. When I went to  squat, my giant head accidentally hit the cheap blue plastic door, which caused it to open a crack. But the wind took that moment to pick up, and throw the door wide open, giving the entire parking lot and long line of people waiting for their turn, a view neither of us bargained for. I froze. Thank God my BFF was still standing there, and she thought fast, running forward and slamming it shut- in a very NFL worthy move.


#2.  A while back, the Giants MAY or MAY NOT have sent Jaybird and a bunch of her girlfriends, an invitation to an event called Giants 101. Giants 101 is geared towards females, where some key players give a "work shop" to help teach the ladies all about the sport. I have watched football with my Dad, since I was a little girl, and didn't need to learn a thing. But I  wanted to attend anyway, so I could meet some of the players. Specifically, #92 Michael  Strahan.

Michael Strahan is my favorite Giant. When I walked in  and saw him sitting at the table, I MAY or MAY NOT have freaked . Grabbing my friends, I somehow wormed our way to his section and sat down.  He definitely lived up to all of my expectations. Michael Strahan was genuine, funny, intelligent, warm and very intent in his task of trying to pull the ladies into watching his beloved game.

None of  Jaybird's friends with her that night, could give a hoot about football, and knew absolutely nothing about it. It was brutal to sit there listening to their questions, biting my tongue, saying nothing, pretending to know zilch about the sport or #92. When in actuality, I knew every one of Strahan's stats inside and out. I was dying to ask him a  billion real questions, specifically how he felt back on October 23, 2006 when he tackled Drew Bledsoe in the Monday night game against Dallas, tying Lawrence Taylor's record for the most Giant sacks. (132 1/2). 

When the evening was finally over, and he had finished his closing arguments about how great a sport football is, once you understand it, I could hold back no  more! Jaybird, MAY or MAY NOT have blurted out all of my extremely specific questions, like the one above and  a few more, that gave me away!  Michael Strahan, MAY or MAY NOT have stood up to his full, 6 "5" 275 frame, and then broke into a huge gap-toothed smile! He laughed real hard, saying, "You played me good! I should have know, you were so quiet all night. It's always the quiet ones."
#3. Jaybird does not like to miss too many home games. Once, when I was super-sized pregnant, the Giants were playing a huge game against the Eagles. The rivalry between these two teams is cra-zy. And I wanted to go bad. The Husband protested. He didn't want to have to worry about my big mouth trying to protect me from any over-zealous fans. Fights are so much more common when we play the Eagles. I begged and pleaded my case, stating that I would keep my mouth shut stick close to him and all the other giant cops who we were  going to the game with us.  Because I am really annoying, he finally gave in.

Everything was going great too, until we got into the stadium. It took everything in me to waddle up all those steps. By the time I got to  the top,  I was sweaty, out of breath and completely exhausted. (Also, even though we just ate, a little hungry, again.LOL) I couldn't wait to plop down into my seat.  When I tried to sit down, Jaybird's giant preggie ass- no longer fit so nicely in my seat! Sigh.

The Husband, as I may have stated, at time or two before, misses nothing. From the moment we got to our seats, he had surveyed the crowd around us, checking for any potential threats.  He spotted two or three guys, who had TROUBLE stamped on their foreheads. 

The Husband and his friends had worked it out so that they had me covered from the seat behind, to my left and two in front, but the seats to my right,  were unoccupied as of yet, and left me completely exposed. The Husband MAY or MAY NOT have started to freak, and he was thinking of making me leave!

It was at this moment, the fans filling the empty seats to my right, returned from the beer line to come and claim their spots. They leaned over to introduce themselves. Not only were these four guys ginormous, but they were all NYC cops! They shook The Husband's hand and said "Don't worry 'bout nuthing, nobody is gonna touch her!"

Sure enough,  about half-way through the game, the guys The Husband had nick-named "trouble" started a wicked, all-out stadium brawl, a few seats away. Or so I'm told. I MAY or MAY NOT have seen or heard a thing, because before I could blink, I had four enormous NYC cops draped over me like a flag.

OK, there you have it. Please vote on which of these three stories are FACT or FICTION. As always, thank you so much to all of my followers who keep coming back to participate in my FFor F posts!

20 comments:

  1. I am rubbish at this game and I always get them wrong, but I would love it if number two was true! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome and I love that you come back and always vote every week!

      Delete
  2. Great stories once again! Can't wait to hear the truth. ;) I've given up on guessing, I never seem to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rach-you,(like Kyra) are awesome for always coming back and reading all about my crazy life. No need to throw in your vote, I'm just thrilled you keep coming back and commenting every time! xo

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I'm betting that first one is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Alex- you are getting to know me so well.

      Delete
  4. They all sound true to me. The first one is most definitely something that would happen to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you a little hint: if the story I tell is mortifying, you can pretty much bet it's true. LOL

      Delete
  5. In the myriad parallel universes out there, all of them are true! :-) Thanks for following me, JayBird. Alas, the only part of sports that interest me is the spectacle of the cheerleaders! So, of course, Women's Volleyball at the Olympics had my interest! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parallel universes? I like the way you think Roland! I'd like to think that in one of those parallel universes, I am all kinds of awesome!

      Now about those cheerleaders- they always annoyed me! I just wanted to yell at them to shut it, so I could hear the freaking game. LOL But I can see the draw for you to watch Women's Volleyball. Those girls are amazing.

      Thanks for the follow and commenting!

      Delete
  6. I'm going with True-True-False. These are so hard because you are SO convincing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilima- thank you so much for always coming back and commenting.

      I do try my best to be convincing. I write the same way I talk, (way too much), so these stories seem to be getting longer and longer, LOL

      Delete
  7. I think I'm going to go with True False True. Great story! I know this will horrify you (as a true Giants fan). My husband had a connection to one of the players who invited us to sit in the seats reserved for player's families. The first (and only) time I went too my husband was almost too involved in the game to notice I was reading the book I had shoved in my purse. When he noticed he told me to put it away but fortunately I was saved by a like-minded football player's wife--whew! And I know, those good seats were totally wasted on me! After that he always took his friends, with my 100% blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Johanna, that story is too funny! My sister never comes to any of the Giants games with us, because she would do the exact same thing as you. Football is not everyones cup of tea, that's for sure.

      One of the law firms I previously worked for held some really great box seats at the old Giants Stadium- the only downside: I had to go to the game with politicians and lawyers. LOL (I'm really hoping you don't take offense to that joke. My best girlfriend is a lawyer and tells more lawyer jokes than anyone else I know- )

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks for voting. You may be right on this week.

      Delete
  9. This is a tough one! You add so much detail, I don't know how any of them could be false! But I'm going to go with 1 and 3. Good job getting me to read all about football, cause I'm definitely not a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kianwi! I have only one or two girlfriends who love football (like me)- I realize we are in the minority, LOL

      Thanks for participating.

      Delete
  10. I hope number one is the fake, to save you from that embarrassment, and also because two and three are just too awesome not to be true. Michael Strahan sounds like a sweetheart, and it's so great you got to meet your idol and he was so nice to you. And your hubby making sure you were surrounded by cops at the game, and then those NYC cops showing up is just fantastic, it sounds like you were certainly looked after. Loved the photo of you in your Giants shirt, you look so cure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Clare! Your comments always make me smile.

      Delete