About Me

My photo
Jersey Shore, United States
In case any of my friends or family members actually read this Blog, please consider all Names, Characters, Places and Incidents to be the product of the author's imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales are entirely COINCIDENTAL...Muaaah!! Now, really, about me: I bring the crazy wherever I go, so I've been told...I make fun of myself more than anyone else ever could. I hate: the awkward silence in elevators, watches with no numbers, picky eaters, Cancer and legalism. I love: coffee, stalking Hugh Jackman, my Spanx, COMMENTS, sarcasm and writing: Middle Grade, NA, YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

ANSWERS to Are You Ready For Some Football, Fact or Fiction

Here I am at a NY Giants football game, last October

Hey Everyone! If you haven't had a chance to read my Fact or Fiction post from yesterday, you might want to go back and take a little peek, before reading my answers here.  Thanks again to all of you who keep coming back week after week, and still seem interested in reading all about my lunacy, LOL. 

This week, it looks like: Kianwi and Johanna were all RIGHT ON! Ilima, Alex and Sporkgasm all had one good guess in there too. Nice job guys!

#1. FACT. Walking around the parking lot of Giant's Stadium,  knowing you just flashed half of  the guys in it, was one of the most mortifying experiences of my entire life. And, if you follow this blog, you know that's saying something. Ugh.  The only thing I could do was block it from my mind  and  try to pretend it didn't happen. I did a pretty good job of  icing  it out too, until half time.

When I walked  up to the line for  hot cocoa, I noticed this dude who looked sort of familiar, staring and smiling at me, like he recognized me.  At first I thought he was just being friendly, but then I remembered where that "flash" of recognition must have came from- and after that, I just wanted to crawl back to my seat and die.

#2. FICTION. (Sort of) I think I will have to label this one, "sort of" fiction. Because I absolutely did attend a Giants  101 class, (even though I know a crap ton about football)  hoping to meet  Michael Strahan. He was there, (woot woot) but I couldn't get anywhere near him. (boo hoo.) #92 is  retired now, but I still want to meet him. Maybe one day!

#3. FACT. Yep, I waddled my fat preggie self all the way to the top of that stadium, just to watch the Giants kick some Eagle butt. The Husband had a bad feeling from the get go and was not happy about me going to this game, at all. And as usual,  he was right! (Shhh...don't tell him I just admitted that!) 

If it weren't for my personal bodyguards,  I would have been caught smack in the middle of that brawl. I'm sure The Husband would have done his best to keep me out of it, (and believe me, he is no joke)  but those NYC boys had me covered. They went above and beyond the call of duty, staying true to their promise- no one touched me. No one even came close!  By the time security arrived, they had everything under control, and "Trouble" subdued.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Please remember to check back in tomorrow, because the Bird's Nest is lucky enough to be the next stop on  Kyra Lennon's  Game On blog tour!

10 comments:

  1. I was almost right!

    I had a laugh at what you said on my blog. Yet I think that's how I'm going to be for the first little while. I'm not going to know what to do those mornings without him. I told myself I'm going to write and exercise, but we'll see how it actually goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man Christine- I was a hot mess for a while. I still cry on the first day of school every year. Although, now I'm used to them being gone and I race to try to get so much done, before they come home, I don't even have time to take a pee! LOL

      You will be alright! Watching how much he loves it, will make you feel so much better about it. At least, that's what happened with me. My girls made so many new friends they absolutely loved pre-school.

      Delete
  2. I'm really sorry the first one was fact...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! But with me, so it goes... LOL

      Delete
  3. Yay! I was right! Number one sounds like something that would happen to me...I regularly humiliate myself! I think number three is a sweet story, actually. I love big, protector-type men :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Kianwi, I can't begin to tell you how great they were! And so freaking funny! I loved them from the minute they sat down and started heckling The Husband. One of them, kept belly bumping me after a touch-down. (Remember that I was ginormous pregnant, so this was hilarious) That game was vicious though, on the field and in the stands! So all kidding aside, I was lucky to have them.

      Thanks for participating.

      Delete
  4. Like Alex said, sorry number 1 was true! Ack! However, the other two were fun. You guys have brawls when it's against the Eagles, we (Broncos) have to worry about fights when it's against the Chiefs or Raiders. Funny how each team has a specific mega-rival or two. I think ours is mostly the Chiefs. The Raiders may be me projecting... ;-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shannon- thank you! I think you are right about the Raiders though, because they tend to fight everyone! LOL

      I know this first hand because I used to live in the Oakland Bay Area. Up until I moved to NJ, I would watch all of the Raiders games. They have a BAD reputation for being rough and tumble.

      Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  5. Oh you poor thing! At least it was a bunch of people you will never see again! :)
    And I can just imagine all those guys protecting you! Great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. Yes, that was the bright side, I didn't have to see those people ever again. But I still wanted to cry! It was so humiliating.

      Thanks for commenting and participating!

      Delete